• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old?

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/m...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

10. The control scheme moves away from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3’s three-attacks-plus-launcher button layout and instead has four attack buttons (light and heavy punches and kicks), as well as one button apiece for swapping characters and Infinity Stones.

11. Each character has a universal launcher move, mapped to crouching heavy punch.

12. Each character also has a universal launcher combo: light punch, light kick, heavy kick, and crouching heavy punch.

13. You can perform an automatic combo by mashing the light punch button. This combo leads into a launcher, a few air attacks, and spikes the opponent back down.

14. Automatic combos deal the same damage as manual ones.

15. The maximum number of super meters each player can stock up has been lowered to four.

16. You can swap out characters at the start of a super, allowing you to have multiple supers on the screen at once.

17. You can swap characters more than once per combo.

18. Characters stick around for their last attack before leaving the screen, even if it’s a super.

19. You can break out of a combo by holding down the tag button, but it costs two meters to do so.

20. The build we played replaced several uppercut motions for special moves with two downward taps. It’s not final yet, but the team likes the way it makes moves easier to perform.

21. As of this writing, only some characters use the simplified motion. Ryu, for example, still currently uses the signature uppercut motion for his Shoryuken, but that could change in the future.

22. There are no half-circles or charge motions for special moves or supers. Most special moves I performed in the demo were done with either quarter-circles or the downwards double-tap.

I wrote about this. Played about 3 hours. It's been hard keeping shut watching this thread, haha!
https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/27/ma...-super-easy-combos-split-the-fight-community/

The main thing I'd say is: the simplified inputs are real but everything comes out with traditional inputs too if you prefer, and it's pretty immediately clear that you'll be able to do a hell of a lot more if you're using proper inputs.

Auto combos are one string that's the same basic string on regular inputs and the same basic length for all characters - a universal string. It basically does a series of ground hits, launches, a series of air hits, then spikes them to the ground to reset. If you're using proper inputs obviously you can do more tricky shit in the air, use tags more effectively, etc. I took away that they were really only there so clueless people could see something 'cool' easily.

I think the simplified inputs thing is going to be the hot/divisive talk until launch but I think when the game comes out everyone will pretty quickly forget about them, tbh. The other problems the game has (IE its whack-ass UI/presentation) are more pressing. Love the actual systems, they seem ripe for some really exciting, tricky shit.

ElFly

Auto combos do the same damage as manual ones?

Um, what?

why wouldn't they

chances are most characters will have a better combo at their disposal by doing it manually

also probable that you could stop the auto sequence and take over before, say, the final spike, to do something more interesting

jett

D-Member
Yoooo

2017-04-2622_24_45-joe0ucd.png

Well this dude turned out to be a complete loser.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Every character can OTG, and launchers are universal.

This is great news for casuals and hardcore players alike TBH.

Infinity powers are called Infinity Surge (the move you get) and Infinity Storm (the state that depletes the Infinity Meter).

Pushblocking can reflect projectiles if you time it right WATTTTT

Oh, and, I'm sure somebody else noticed this in the leaked footage, but Hawkeye's Ant-Man Level 3 is gone... his other hypers are the same. Whatever could it mean...?

vg260

I wrote about this. Played about 3 hours. It's been hard keeping shut watching this thread, haha!
https://www.vg247.com/2017/04/27/ma...-super-easy-combos-split-the-fight-community/

The main thing I'd say is: the simplified inputs are real but everything comes out with traditional inputs too if you prefer, and it's pretty immediately clear that you'll be able to do a hell of a lot more if you're using proper inputs.

Auto combos are one string that's the same basic string on regular inputs and the same basic length for all characters - a universal string. It basically does a series of ground hits, launches, a series of air hits, then spikes them to the ground to reset. If you're using proper inputs obviously you can do more tricky shit in the air, use tags more effectively, etc. I took away that they were really only there so clueless people could see something 'cool' easily.

I think the simplified inputs thing is going to be the hot/divisive talk until launch but I think when the game comes out everyone will pretty quickly forget about them, tbh. The other problems the game has (IE its whack-ass UI/presentation) are more pressing. Love the actual systems, they seem ripe for some really exciting, tricky shit.

This all sounds good. Glad the art style/presentation is getting critiqued. I have no worries about gameplay. Everything looks awesome to me.

Also this:
Some stuff from SF5 has been cut, too – there's no in-game currency system, with DLC such as characters and costumes sold for real cash and nothing else.

Thank god.
Hopefully this means reasonably priced costumes.

Not surprised about no cross-platform play with this being on both consoles. just disappointing the console makers won't play ball.

AESplusF

Honestly my biggest compliant is the art style/UI, it looks generic and ugly, I really wish they had stuck with the Marvel 3 look, or at least some kind of stylization.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chris G right now upon reading that you can reflect projectiles upon perfect pushblock:

giphy.gif

This changes everything. Wonder if it works for beams?

vg260

I'm willing to bet they'll cost the same. You can't earn most costumes in SFV, either.

You'll probably be right and I'll be disappointed, but isn't the reason that everyone gives when defending the SFV $4 pricing is that it's because you can earn characters for free?

My only hope for a little better pricing is that they're giving 2 or 4 with preorders instead of just one. Most of their pre-order bonuses haven't been costume or packs normally costing over $5.

Trey

Nice write up, thanks.

Dirty tricks confirmed:
Here’s a basic example: at one point I triggered Iron Man’s Proton Cannon super, then tagged in Captain Marvel. While the opponent was pinned down by the super I was able to get behind them and open them up with a back attack – basically they were stuck between a rock and a hard place. Inputs such as combos will continue on after you’ve tagged, so it’s possible to briefly have two characters out at once and I look forward to seeing what combos can be crafted by the proper experts with this system.

Come oooon Stalking Flare shenanigans!

How has Morrigan changed since MvC3?

rmanthorp

Yipes and Combo are good friends, the know each other for years and are die hard FGC members.

I doubt Combofiend would say anything if it wasn't true. And from the gameplay we saw this game does indeed look hype.

Guess so. Nothing about the gameplay actually scares me tbh - it's the stuff outside of it like the look & sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom