• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guess so. Nothing about the gameplay actually scares me tbh - it's the stuff outside of it like the look & sound.

Oh that i completely agree, especially the graphics need some work before release.

rmanthorp

How has Morrigan changed since MvC3?

Gameinformer claims fireball unfly shit is gone...

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2017/04/27/50-details-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite.aspx

510d474ebe744e55954cc2d62d1be7d9.png

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
no in game currency?

only 1 auto combo that everyone shares?

story mode is only 2 hours?

boooooooo

that collection mode better have a shit ton of interesting unlockables

so john d is a lying sack of shit? color me shocked!

DP motions are still in but the team is testing the down down input. Some characters had them in the build. I guess he was referring to how DPs weren't completely removed but he should have kept his mouth shut if he couldn't clarify further.

notworksafe

DP motions are still in but the team is testing the down down input. Some characters had them in the build. I guess he was referring to how DPs weren't completely removed but he should have kept his mouth shut if he couldn't clarify further.

john d sounding more and more like a gaf "insider" lmao

You can tell what parts of footage is combofiend playing because of stuff like Chris doing instant air power gem attack to get rid of the recovery.

None of the press is gonna do shit like that.

Whoa

http://kotaku.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-wants-even-newbies-to-have-a-1794685310 said:
While netplay stood on shaky ground in the early days of Street Fighter V (which also utilized the in-house Kagemusha netcode), the developers are planning to forgo their own servers this time around in favor of the dedicated platforms provided by Sony and Microsoft, hopefully providing more stability for the community's online warriors.

notworksafe

Lol you ain't lying. Although people should get at Capcom and have it optional so that everyone is happy. Wouldn't hurt.

i imagine it'll be similar to easy mode in mvc3 but maybe just saying "Down x2 is something we're looking at but no permanent changes are planned yet" is a better statement than "SRK IS IN FOR SURE #FAKENEWS" one day before press reports coming out that Down x2 was in the build they played lol.

of course this is coming from that same dope that said "Haters will be left behind" on a game that hasn't sold it's two month sales goal after one year so i'm not sure what i expected.

i imagine it'll be similar to easy mode in mvc3 but maybe just saying "Down x2 is something we're looking at but no permanent changes are planned yet" is a better statement than "SRK IS IN FOR SURE #FAKENEWS" one day before press reports coming out that Down x2 was in the build they played lol.

of course this is coming from that same dope that said "Haters will be left behind" on a game that hasn't sold it's two month sales goal after one year so i'm not sure what i expected.

Like I said before, everyone was going ham on Capcom for thinking the game was gonna be a casual fest due to the inputs. At the same time John D needs to clarify better or not at all because shit now he looks worse.

Also did you know management got on him for that line?

Pompadour

What does this really mean...? The majority of titles on PSN/XBL are P2P and have no dedicated severs.

I guess it makes sense for Marvel. SFV necessitated servers because of the FM system whereas Marvel DLC is strictly paying Sony, Microsoft, or Steam so there's no need to track so much stuff when a player plays online.

And yeah, it's P2P but will need servers for matchmaking and stat tracking.

notworksafe

Like I said before, everyone was going ham on Capcom for thinking the game was gonna be a casual fest due to the inputs. At the same time John D needs to clarify better or not at all because shit now he looks worse.

Also did you know management got on him for that line?

It's almost like the "Senior Director of Licensing & Esports at Capcom" should stick to talking about eSports before he gets himself into more hot water :p

50. Iron Man has two new moves, the Repulsor Array and the Smart Mine, which help define his playstyle as a keepaway character. Before, according to Rosas, the character didn’t fit any one playstyle well.

Alright, this cools my worries over the possible lack of a zoning playstyle. Tony as a keep-away character will be interesting.

It's almost like the "Senior Director of Licensing & Esports at Capcom" should stick to talking about eSports before he gets himself into more hot water :p

What's even worse is that there's another Capcom employee that does CPT stuff, but operates just fine without being snooty or obtuse. He even spent a week taking feedback in for SFV and regularly engages people.

John D is just butt at it.

mbpm1

What's even worse is that there's another Capcom employee that does CPT stuff, but operates just fine without being snooty or obtuse. He even spent a week taking feedback in for SFV and regularly engages people.

John D is just butt at it.
maybe they don't have anybody else besides those two

ElFly

Not really up to Capcom since it's on both consoles. Same as Tekken 7. Sony and MS won't do it.

maybe capcom will pull on MS's arm and go "come onnnnn"

but maybe PS4/PC crossplay will be possible?

really don't want to buy this on PS4

vg260

maybe capcom will pull on MS's arm and go "come onnnnn"

but maybe PS4/PC crossplay will be possible?

really don't want to buy this on PS4

No dice. Either all or nothing because they can't screw over one console maker over another in that way. It's essentially what Harada indicated was the issue with Tekken.

shaowebb

Wow ...Thor can charge his hammer and while doing so it nullifies projectiles. That plus stone abilities alone makes him legit now.

Dunno, there's prolly precedent
Is there?

The only fighting games I know of on PC that have cross-play with the consoles is KI and SFV.

In SFV's case, it's only with the PS4 version since there is no X1 version. In KI's case, it's only with the X1. And it's not even on Steam, it's on W10 store.

The only game I know of that allows PC players to play with both Xbox and PS4 players is Rocket League. But that game is also server-based as compared to Fighting Games which are P2P.

The problem with Tekken 7's crossplay MOST LIKELY came because of two reasons if I were to guess.

One would be the tournament mode. It becomes quite an issue if you have players from all 3 platforms who want to do a tournament together. But obviously they won't be able to since X1 and PS4 players will never be able to play with each other even if PC/X1 and PC/PS4 is possible.

Second would probably be Microsoft having issues with a Steam game having cross-play with the X1. I believe all the games on PC that have cross-play with X1 also are W10 exclusive.

One would be the tournament mode. It becomes quite an issue if you have players from all 3 platforms who want to do a tournament together. But obviously they won't be able to since X1 and PS4 players will never be able to play with each other even if PC/X1 and PC/PS4 is possible.

Both ecosystems are open to allowing cross-play with titles, actually. At first Sony said they didn't care and it was just a matter of implementing it. Then MS finally relented and made a public statement about being able to do it, but that the ball was in Sony's court. So now it's really just a matter of the game actually working to develop that.

Is there?

The only fighting games I know of on PC that have cross-play with the consoles is KI and SFV.

In SFV's case, it's only with the PS4 version since there is no X1 version. In KI's case, it's only with the X1. And it's not even on Steam, it's on W10 store.

The only game I know of that allows PC players to play with both Xbox and PS4 players is Rocket League. But that game is also server-based as compared to Fighting Games which are P2P.

The problem with Tekken 7's crossplay MOST LIKELY came because of two reasons if I were to guess.

Second would probably be Microsoft having issues with a Steam game having cross-play with the X1. I believe all the games on PC that have cross-play with X1 also are W10 exclusive.

Rocket league has crossplay with either platform (just not at the same time you have to choose) and it's not a w10 exclusive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom