• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankir

I'm very hype and excited. I think I will get the Collectors edition. I really hope these the characters aren't just copy and pastes from previous iterations, I hope they have new moves/animations, etc.

I don't want to see the same issue where capcom was re-using sprites for like 20 Capcom vs games back in the ninties/early 2000s.

NEED NEW GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

BadWolf

I don't like the artstyle. Looks like a mobile game. Also not a fan of how this might end up as Marvel movie promotion to some extent. Even down to the Marvel characters having the same/similar outfits to their movie counterparts (Cap, Rocket)

Fans are getting a new MVC, who cares if they are using it to promote movies?

graphics don't look as good as sf5?

In a fighting game graphics are the literally the last thing I think about.
It's about the gameplay first and foremost. Uncomplicated chaining and combos are important.
Then comes animation. I need to be able to know whether the enemy Ryu is doing about to do a Shoryuken or Hadoken or Tatsumaki.
Then comes hitboxes. This being Capcom and all, this is what I'm most concerned about.
And then come graphics. The characters could look like PS1-era characters with 100 polys each, I don't care as long as the first three points pass the check.

Gartooth

6 season pass characters and one of the main bosses is DLC. lmao

Still pretty hyped. Really want some gameplay soon! So glad it is coming in September so that we get reveals by the bucketload.

eggandI

Banned
That was incredibly stale. MVC3 trailers were ten times more hype and better realised than whatever has been put out for Infinite so far.

And those fancy trailers didn't stop mvc3 from being a boring pos lol

tumblr_mmglvb_KSJX1rewgato1_400.gif

Sou Da

I don't like the artstyle. Looks like a mobile game. Also not a fan of how this might end up as Marvel movie promotion to some extent. Even down to the Marvel characters having the same/similar outfits to their movie counterparts (Cap, Rocket)

You're really stretching that with Cap, the costumes don't look similar to the movie ones aside from Rocket and IM

Grimsen

Underwhelming.

-Artstyle is bad
-character models are very last gen
-backgrounds are dull as fuck
-Roster is super safe so far
-half the boss a DLC character? fuuuck off

+DLC costumes are cool
+OG team working on it

The only thing that can save this game is the gameplay. If it's more like MVC1 and less like MVC3, I'll be happy.

Varjet

That wasn't really all that energetic, seemed kinda dull.
Eh, my interest in this games hinges mostly on Joe's inclusion anyway.

EYEL1NER

I'll be buying the CE if the DX Edition costumes are included with it. I've seen enough CEs not include all Deluxe or Premium Edition content to automatically assume it will. I know it is just costumes but I'm someone who pre-ordered three UMvC3 from three different stores to get all of the costumes rather than wait for them to eventually come out later; I need as much of the content as is available as soon as I can get it when it comes to MvC.

I like Ultron Sigma's design, it's pretty much what you would expect from mixing them.

Also since I don't follow Marvel comics this is my first time seeing that Hawkeye costume. If a mainstream superhero ever needed a redesign, it was him: it looks 10x better, old school purists be damned.

thats sooner than expected. Hopefully it doesnt mean its rushed out the door like SF5...

thats exactly what it means isnt it? :3

That's exactly what it means. I'm particularly worried that five months away, we've seen all of four new characters unless I'm mistaken (Cpt. Marvel, X, Ultron and Sigma; five if you want to stretch it to Ultron Sigma if he's playable). And Sigma is DLC...

Neoxon

In case you guys missed it...
Capcom Unity Page Details
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofi...nd-release-date-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Preorder Standard for: Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu Premium Costumes.

Deluxe Edition ($89.99 MSRP): he two aforementioned costumes (Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu) and two additional costumes – Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X! The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters – the first one being Sigma himself!

Collector's Edition ($199.99 MSRP): Pre-order this bad boy and you're gonna be the proud new owner for FOUR detailed, interlinking dioramas from TriForce, plus LED-powered Infinity Stones and the Deluxe Edition of the game. Make some room on your desk before you pre-order!
I know I mentioned it in last page but I think people overlooked this one. I think we are going to get yearly character pass for MVCI as well.

I might read little too much into this but yeah..

Where's Cyclops and gambit ? 2 of the most fun characters from the vs series.
At this point, it'll be miracle if we even get Wolverine.

Alienous

Reveal Black Panther you fuckers. Oh I hope they don't keep him for 2018 "Character Pass" because that's when the movie is coming out...Oh fuck that makes too much logical sense. Oh fuck me.

Still Day 1 buy.

Captain Marvel is in, well in advance of her movie, so there's still a chance for Black Panther.

And if they really have no X-Men characters I imagine they'll have difficulty filling the roster if they skip characters like Black Panther.

That Command Mission X costume should have been in the trailer. Holy cow that thing is awesome.

Why did they give Chun Li a grandma face? Queen deserves better!

Yes we get, I am grateful this game is coming out, but the art style still looks bad and the graphics look bland and I don't know how to describe it something like "cheap" or "hollow".

Will probably still buy to support this effort I guess.

LiK

Pretty hilarious they went back to RE5 Chris. I guess they're def gonna reuse the character model from MvC3.

cordy

Banned
I'm getting that $200 CE. The fact X, Sigma and hell the fact it's coming in September? Might as well.

I'm all in fam.

Underwhelming.

-Artstyle is bad
-character models are very last gen
-backgrounds are dull as fuck
-Roster is super safe so far
-half the boss a DLC character? fuuuck off

+DLC costumes are cool
+OG team working on it

The only thing that can save this game is the gameplay. If it's more like MVC1 and less like MVC3, I'll be happy.

This is where I'm at.

I like how they're going for the MCU inspired artstyle but then Thor shows up as just regular ass Thor

lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom