• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The art style and visuals look fine to me, and to be honest if that's an example of the story mode style, the direction and dialog are already better than the atrocious SFV cinematic story.

I would've liked to see more gameplay footage, but otherwise I'm happy with everything! Those are all good character additions and I'm excited to see that there IS a story mode, which is more than we got out of MvC3.

Also, I think that soon of a release date and confirmation of at least 6 downloadable characters shows that they're following the Street Fighter V model for this game. I'm fine with that personally, but I feel it's going to end up turning off lots of potential customers.

Korigama

Eh, still not all that enthused about this now that they've finally felt like saying something about the game again. Curious enough to keep paying attention for the sake of it, but my expectations are pretty low at the moment. Six characters being pre-order DLC is a red flag.

StarPhlox

While I like the MvC games and I'm looking forward to Infinite, this is getting me waaaay too hyped for the possibility of Mega Man X9. X1-X5 are my favorite string of platformers ever so a return to that style after the not good X6-X8 would make me happier than literally any other possible game announcement.

liquidtmd

Banned
Marvel vs Capcom Fans: Oh my god we haven't heard any news for months
Capcom: Ok here's a trailer and release date
MvC Fans: This is shit

Capcom Developer

thanks-to-the-miracle-of-the-world-wide-web-c-3666667.png

Raw64life

Shit trailer. Characters look off. An even more ludicrous amount of DLC than my already low expectations. Might pick up this game in the year 2020.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Game 5 months away. Yall relax...pretty sure some of those character models aren't even finalized.

Also, complaining about new reveals PLUS a trailer AND release date.

GAF gonna be GAF I see

Welcome to the FGC, here's your daily dose of salt

I was born in the salt

That HYPE.

Injustice 2 just was meh til the recent months of reveals.

Injustice fans are nice though, Marvel fans would shoot my father for a gameplay trailer right now

Maybe they should've shown actual gameplay

Also fuck paying for dlc characters in fighting games

Did you really think you weren't gonna be paying for them

ZeroCDR

I'm hoping they'll take a page from SFV's playbook and let you "earn" DLC characters through a grindy points/fight money system or you can pay for them.

If not, they fucked up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Game looks much better than before TBH, but it is all polished for the cinematic trailer. Gameplay shots look hopeful, but they're still all on the Asgard stage.

How it looks in gameplay will be way different from these cutscenes, but the lighting/shaders and some of the models still need a good amount of work.

I-hate-u

Glad they are getting the boring characters out of the way in one batch. But maaan, the graphics. The models look so stiff and disproportionate, plus the faces are such a downgrade from MVC3.

JayEH

I thought they we would see a similar jump from the SFV reveal to its e3 update in visuals but I'm not so sure anymore.

Whompa02

Incredibly boring and what a stale art style. For a game that is supposed to be about fighting you'd think the choreography would at least be interesting. Such a dull trailer.

The art is just so bland. I get it Marvel is this massive brand now and they need the games to look somewhat like the movies and tv shows but it'd disappointing for a series that has always been so stylized. It looks like some licensed mobile game art.

Ho god, sigma as a main villain! So that means X will be at the center of the story, amazing!

But still... fuck you capcom, putting megaman everywhere, but not giving him an official game :(

ScribbleD

"Art style is ugly."

Meh. Everyone said the same thing about Marvel 3 when that was announced. Personally, I like it. I just want the colors to pop a little bit more.

Ponn

Banned
Don't know how people are hyped for this, that trailer was boring as fuck and the roster is just so underwhelming. This game is going to kill off MvsC, and I'm not sure who to blame. Feels like an even amount to go around.

FluxWaveZ

Both Ultron & Rocket speak in the trailer.

Also, it looks like Rocket's voice did indeed get changed. We'll miss you, Greg Ellis.

Yeah, a monologue and a quick joke. No back-and-forth or "yell at the bad guy who is so bad" from the good guys. I'll be waiting to see in future trailers if that is representative of the story as a whole, or if it will be more dialogue heavy than this one indicates.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Deluxe Edition ($89.99 MSRP): he two aforementioned costumes (Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu) and two additional costumes – Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X! The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters – the first one being Sigma himself!

I know I mentioned it in last page but I think people overlooked this one. I think we are going to get yearly character pass for MVCI as well.

I might read little too much into this but yeah..

Neoxon

The only game that side-steps paying for DLC characters is SFV, where you have to earn the characters with Fight Money (or pay for them, if you so choose). Every other fighting game, be it Injustice, Smash, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat, or even Tekken, you have to pay for your DLC characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom