• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hi-yahh - March 17th on Netflix

Zafir

How can you already be through 13 episodes? Have they allowed access earlier this time?

As far as I'm aware it came up just over 5 hours ago.

Even if you got early access to the first 6 you'd still not be through it.

Unless I'm wrong...?

Romez

I don't get how the fight scenes aren't at least on par with Daredevil's. The fights in JJ and LK made sense given their powers, but how is this worse than Daredevil?

LotusHD

Banned
Ok, more than two seasons. The last time I checked was more than a day ago. /shrug

It just reminds me quite a bit of Fargo, and I can't really see it being a huge hit with mainstream audiences for long, despite whatever critical acclaim it receives. Actually, it makes me think of a super extended Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas more often than not.

From what I've seen, FX seems to treat its shows well, at least if they're critically acclaimed. (i.e. The Americans)

Kinyou

In the first episode:

"How did you get in here"

"This was my second home. I know all the ins and outs"

We just saw him walk in through the main entrance!

If it was more self aware this could have actually been pretty funny.

caliph95

Ok, more than two seasons. The last time I checked was more than a day ago. /shrug

It just reminds me quite a bit of Fargo, and I can't really see it being a huge hit with mainstream audiences for long, despite whatever critical acclaim it receives. Actually, it makes me think of a super extended Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas more often than not.
I mean FX is a bit lenient, It is why The Americans is on it's fifth season even though it wasn't a hit with mainstream audience and got by due to the critical acclaim
From what I've seen, FX seems to treat its shows well, at least if they're critically acclaimed.
Is the reason The Americans survived

LotusHD

Banned
I don't get how the fight scenes aren't at least on par with Daredevil's. The fights in JJ and LK made sense given their powers, but how is this worse than Daredevil?

A damn shame. After LC, I was ready to get back to some nice action. So far, nothing.

Sanctuary

I don't get it either. It's seriously mid 80s bad, and not 80s Asian films, but Western.

Ws38Mm0.gif

How can you already be through 13 episodes? Have they allowed access earlier this time?

Finished. Will say that Finn is great as danny. I don't like the story as much and I am not satisfied with the ending.

was hoping of seeing the costume but you only get a glimpse of it in a black and white video

Renpatsu

Exploring the duality of Danny Rand the man and Danny Rand the Iron Fist by literally sticking him in a psychiatric hospital and then having his doctor ask that question requires so much set up to get to that point I don't even know why they bothered.

Shaanyboi

Banned

I've only seen 1 and a half episodes, but I'm wondering if the fact that Finn Jones doesn't wear a mask (well... normally) means he has to do more himself. And he himself isn't some super talented martial artist stunt guy.

I mean that's only a factor. Nothing I've seen thus far has been in any way engaging, either for its choreography or its framing.

The Kree

Banned

The choreography is OK, but the framing and editing undermines it and the actors generally don't convey enough speed or power in their movements to make it feel powerful. It looks like playfighting.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They are not all an hour long. Most are in the 40 Minute range I think.

I'm on episode 5 and every episode has been nearly a full hour. 55 mins, 59 mins, 57 mins, etc. They're WAY past 40 minutes.

Yeah I would say the show is mediocre which is MUCH worse than being out right awful

Ward is outright awful though 😂😂😂

Anung

Un Rama

Daredevil Choreographers working on Defenders so this is probably the b-team?

Shaanyboi

Banned
The opening not even focusing on the fist in Iron Fist feels like a missed opportunity.

Yeah that's pretty weird. I was waiting for something, but nothing came of it. I like the swoosh effect, but they're really gonna ignore the most interesting visual of the character?

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah I would say the show is mediocre which is MUCH worse than being out right awful

Mediocrity coerces you into thinking a show will get better, despite you being fairly positive that it won't. :(

Whereas a bad show you just drop it straight from the jump and never look back.
----

I guess the way Ward speaks is on purpose, but damn, dude always be sounding like he just woke up from a nap lol

Dali

This Ward guy is too over the top.

Rules are for pussies, lul
He even did the classic bad guy move, where you take a drug in pill form then tilt your head back all the way and briefly convulse before tilting the head back down with the demeanor of evil calm. I always wondered what drug these bad guys are taking to cause such an immediate reaction if its a pill.

Krowley

Is it bad in an enjoyable way or just plain boring and you feel like you're wasting your time?

I'm on episode 5 now... I don't think it's bad at all, but there are issues. It's just kind of low-key. It meanders around with these smallish plot lines, lots of dialogue. Not much action.

But I'm still gobbling episodes up pretty fast, and I'm curious to see what happens next. It's the sort of show that dangles carrots and tries to lure you to the next episode. Gives you just enough to keep you watching.

Overall, it has the weakest start out of any of the Netflix shows, but still considerably better than the critical reception would suggest. I'm liking all the main characters, and Finn is doing a very good job in the lead role.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm watching the first episode now...it's just me or does the cinematography is different from the other Marvel Netflix shows?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 6 noo what did they do with the
Bride of Nine Spiders D:
That was her, right? Slightly bummed, but still enjoying it.

This whole time I'm just wondering why Danny won't just start saying personal shit that only he could know to them. Wouldn't that solve every problem in the first episode?

Top Bottom