• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hi-yahh - March 17th on Netflix

LotusHD

Banned
Episode 5:
Lmao at Colleen and Claire's faces as soon as Danny admitted to taking a vow of chastity

Then Claire took some food to go, love this woman

Sanctuary

Evidently not. If you're comparing the RT rating to Metacritic, this is the number you should be looking at:

I've been using the site since it first appeared in '98. I know exactly how it works, but that's not going to stop me from using a consensus as an overall barometer. Oh wait...

Renpatsu

It's thematically empty so far. Like, it's not about anything.

Daredevil, Luke, and Jessica's shows wore their themes on their sleeves in comparison.
It really wants to be about the cruel apathy that drive corporations and the wealthy in general, but it lacks substance in exploring that beyond blunt characterisation and some dialogue here and​ there.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The Fist plots are kinda weak, so far, I agree. But I still like the characters a lot. Wonder if Defenders will suffer for probably ditching a lot of the more interesting side characters.

Edit Ep 7 omg that guy who
"lost" 2 fingers
I can't.

The Kree

Banned
The Fist plots are kinda weak, so far, I agree. But I still like the characters a lot. Wonder if Defenders will suffer for probably ditching a lot of the more interesting side characters.

The characters are the only thing carrying this for me. I like Danny, Colleen, Harold, Gao, Megan, Ward. These people can act and they're all nice to look at.

caliph95

The characters are the only thing carrying this for me. I like Danny, Colleen, Harold, Gao, Megan, Ward. These people can act and they're all nice to look at.
Too bad the show around them are meh do i still don't really care about much of the characters besides the returning ones from other netflix shows and maybe colleen and that is a big maybe.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I've been using the site since it first appeared in '98. I know exactly how it works, but that's not going to stop me from using a consensus as an overall barometer. Oh wait...

Apparently not...

If only 19% of a class passes an exam, you don't say "It's less 19% and more like 40%." We're not talking review averages, we're talking about hard numbers of who liked it and who didn't.

Why don't they ever get actors that actually know martial arts to play these sort of roles. Lord, can you imagine how awesome the fight scenes would be if Scott Adkins had the role of Danny Rand.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The Meechums make me long for the days of Diamondback, at least he was interesting to watch in a trainwreck sort of way.

Faramir has fallen so far...

tumblr_myhantWUor1qjhww5o1_500.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
Episode 5:
Other protagonists usually tell their friends and acquaintances not to get involved, as what they do is dangerous. Meanwhile Danny be like, "Yea I know they got machine guns, but you broke, so help me anyways"

Renpatsu

David Wenham has been fine so far, not like he has much to work with. At least when he's on screen there is some level of charisma at play.

WarrenD

Just finished episode 4. I don't really see the complaints. It's entertaining enough and so far I haven't felt it was too slow.

Could do with a little less of the boardroom stuff I suppose but I do like how Danny is getting used to the world.

Pachimari

Just started up Episode 1. That intro was boring. And holy shit at the fighting at the Rand Corp entrance. That was extremely bad wow. It looked like they were practicing choreography.

Iron Fist is one of my absolute favorite comic book properties so I hope it turns out somewhat decent.

milkham

lol they showed a wider establishing shot in front of the dojo they put the sign on the apartment building next to the one i grew up in

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Claire and her guys with special gifts 🙄 Most annoying trope of this shows at this point.
At Episode 6 now, stoping for today.

Sooooo I tried to start the first episode, and it was Spanish audio.

Apparently, all the other shows on my Netflix are in English, but only IF is in Spanish and no matter what language I choose it stays Spanish.

Top Bottom