• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hi-yahh - March 17th on Netflix

GAMEPROFF

Banned
ironfist2kjvs.gif
Perfection

Kin5290

God, 2 min into Ep 1 and I hate Danny's threadbare, shoeless outfit. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

You know what would actually be accurate and funny? If Danny showed up in the US wearing a trendy, fitted T-shirt printed with a horribly mispelled or nonsensical English language phrase, of the kind you could pick up in any street market in Hong Kong or a similar city.

LotusHD

Banned
Your just noticing this. People still defend Luke cage and Jessica jones

Eh, how is that the same as stuff like BvS or Iron Fist, when they actually reviewed much better, along with many people enjoying the show (LC to a lesser extent), with one winning a Peabody award lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Okay....I'm on episode 1, and why doesn't Danny just literally tell Ward and Joy something that only he would know?

Like....that would have solved the issue, lol.

(Presumably he doesn't remember as it's been however many years, but it still made me chuckle)

edit: Or not, he definitely remembers stuff, like Ward being a dick.

Busaiku

I fell asleep about 10 mins into the 2nd episode, waking back up when it was like 25 mins in.
Didn't feel like going back to that.
Is there anything of significance there?

Pachimari

Okay....I'm on episode 1, and why doesn't Danny just literally tell Ward and Joy something that only he would know?

Like....that would have solved the issue, lol.

(Presumably he doesn't remember as it's been however many years, but it still made me chuckle)
But he does. Multiple times.

The Meachums are just so fucking stubborn.

I fell asleep about 10 mins into the 2nd episode, waking back up when it was like 25 mins in.
Didn't feel like going back to that.
Is there anything of significance there?
Rewind is a feature on Netflix.. I mean you could check it out for yourself. You haven't seen it anyway so what could it hurt.

I'm still on episode 2. How can this motherfucker be so fucking stupid to casually talk to doctors, inside a mental hospital about other dimensions and iron fists? How can he have no self awareness about this? Just lie and make it more grounded in order to get out.

I came in here looking for this comment. Only answer is that he's a kid in an adult's body.

Saya

I'm still on episode 2. How can this motherfucker be so fucking stupid to casually talk to doctors, inside a mental hospital about other dimensions and iron fists? How can he have no self awareness about this? Just lie and make it more grounded in order to get out.

Scott Buck.

Your just noticing this. People still defend Luke cage and Jessica jones
You do realize Marvel and DC has nothing to do with that, right? You could replace it with Pepsi and Coke and the notion would be no different. Aka people like what they like regardless of what other people say

Metroidvania

I came in here looking for this comment. Only answer is that he's a kid in an adult's body.

Well, going off solely from episode 1, he sure doesn't know how to make an adult's logical argument to Joy, or control his temper (though the latter at least seems somewhat in character, from the admittedly looong time it's been since I've read any Iron Fist).

But I'm semi-enjoying the trainwreck thus far.

edit: My god, Danny's such a weirdo with Colleen, lmao.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know why people say his story should be immediately believable just cuz of all the other crazy stuff going on in the MCU. Dude still sounds crazy af, and looks like a homeless bum.

Now what's really stupid is that he possesses the ability to make his fists glow, and yet he never attempted to do that. At least,
not until he gets drugged while in the psych ward and realizes that he currently can't. So convenient...

Metroidvania

Holy shit @ the start of Episode 2.

They have Danny locked up, and yet a 4x suicide risk person is allowed to wander the halls and get into other people's rooms?

Have you gotten to the part where he pulled a Tony Stark and brought a Dinner together with him?

Nah, not yet. I'm sure it'll be hilarious though.

They have Danny locked up, and yet a 4x suicide risk person is allowed to wander the halls and get into other people's rooms?

Nah, not yet. I'm sure it'll be hilarious though.

It is a Marvel show.. why would that scene bother you if he basically floated in mid air in the pilot episode?

Is this 4x suicide risk person sectioned on a safe secure unit or on an open ward? Are there tools around that he can use to harm himself?

Metroidvania

Is this 4x suicide risk person sectioned on a safe secure unit or on an open ward? Are there tools around that he can use to harm himself?

Well, unless he's also an escape artist, he's in an open ward, and he picked up a fork that he was going to use to try to either harm Danny or himself.

Though he admittedly could have been 'haha, jokes' with his line about just greeting the new guy.

Not the hugest deal, in retrospect, as we're already kinda past it in-episode already, but w/e.

Well, unless he's also an escape artist, he's in an open ward, and he picked up a fork that he was going to use to try to either harm Danny or himself.

Though he admittedly could have been 'haha, jokes' with his line about just greeting the new guy.

Not the hugest deal, in retrospect, as we're already kinda past it in-episode already, but w/e.

Are you guys watching at 4x speed? I'm still on the second episode. ;p

Metroidvania

Okay, I can see the complaints the reviewers have/had with Danny literally explaining everything Colleen is doing wrong during their bout in episode 3. And then he acts surprised when she's not immediately impressed enough with his mastery to let him stay, and refuses to leave when he's asked to.

It's not ruining the show or anything, but there's definitely an aspect to it.

Top Bottom