• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage *SPOILER THREAD* |OT| Where WAS His Money, Honey?

TheOddOne

housekeeping-1wgjpe.png

Ploid 3.0

I just saw the OT and that it's September 30th and not 20 something like I thought. Now a spoiler thread is up? Feels so far away.

I just flew onto Netflix wondering how I didn't know this was out yet, only to realize that this fucking thread is a week early :p

Kalentan

Very small episode 2 spoiler:

Hey it's Turk! Did he appear in Jessica Jomes or only DD S1/2 and the JJ comic?

Kalentan

Turk: "You folks in Harlem are crazy. I'm going back to Hells Kitchen when it's safe." Laaaawl. I really hope they just keep him around as a side character in all the series.

More so since this takes place pre-DD S2 which makes it all the more funny.

Just finished episode two... Its good. But oh my god the cringe with the crispus attucks speech. And Luke says nigga like a 50 year old white southerner.

They just need a dude to walk across the screen and shout out "Message!"

Yeah, I thought the end of episode 2 was a bit much.

And I guess Turk is a character in the comics or something? I thought he was just some random, punk ass dude created for the show.

Slayven

Yeah, I thought the end of episode 2 was a bit much.

And I guess Turk is a character in the comics or something? I thought he was just some random, punk ass dude created for the show.

He is a joke character. He has a random gag where he gets thrown through a window of a bar. Oh and he once stole Stilt Man's armor

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't know anything about the show, so I guess I'm just disappointed that it's not set after Jessica Jones.

But I guess everyone has to go through their origin stories.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It is set after Jessica Jones.
I must have missed something, but didn't he own the bar in Jessica Jones? Or was that just another one of his jobs?
I just finished episode 4, but why wouldn't he ask her to help with any of this stuff with Cottonmouth?

The Kree

Banned
I must have missed something, but didn't he own the bar in Jessica Jones? Or was that just another one of his jobs?
I just finished episode 4, but why wouldn't he ask her to help with any of this stuff with Cottonmouth?

Same reason he's not asking anyone else. Because he's the one who's bulletproof and all his enemies have guns.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Same reason he's not asking anyone else. Because he's the one who's bulletproof and all his enemies have guns.
Yeah, but she's literally a private detective... he didn't even think to ask her to find Chico. Instead we get a montage of him showing the kid's picture to random people on the street.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm guessing you didn't finish JJ then huh?

-Purple Man made him blow it up.
-Last time he saw her, he was forced to try and kill her until she fired a shotgun up against his chin.
-he never got to really reconcile his issues with her killing his wife
-he clearly wants to be left alone rather than being attached to a bunch of crazed super-powered nonsense.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm guessing you didn't finish JJ then huh?

-Purple Man made him blow it up.
-Last time he saw her, he was forced to try and kill her until she fired a shotgun up against his chin.
-he never got to really reconcile his issues with her killing his wife
-he clearly wants to be left alone rather than being attached to a bunch of crazed super-powered nonsense.
Ah, now I remember. lol

I don't even know what to spoiler anymore, but:
I guess I just didn't see how he'd jump from being a business owner to being poor, working 2 jobs under the table paying rent by the week. Or that JJ wouldn't bother trying to help him after that happened.

(Or maybe I was secretly hoping she'd be as involved in this show as he was in hers. lol)

Matty77

Going to avoid this thread going forward until I am done but want to subscribe to the thread.

Definitley takes place after, in episode 1 pops says something about your rebound girl shooting you in the face with a shotgun referencing when she shot him when he was under purple mans control, which also had the bar blown up.

I think their relationship is also strained by the revalation JJ killed his wife.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, this is why I stopped after 2 my brains getting fuzzy.

The Kree

Banned
I think if you pay attention to the character instead of just waiting for events that may or may not happen, you'll understand why he does or doesn't do certain things.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Going to avoid this thread going forward until I am done but want to subscribe to the thread.

Definitley takes place after, in episode 1 pops says something about your rebound girl shooting you in the face with a shotgun referencing when she shot him when he was under purple mans control, which also had the bar blown up.

I think their relationship is also strained by the revalation JJ killed his wife.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, this is why I stopped after 2 my brains getting fuzzy.
Yep, you're right! I just totally forgot that reference because I didn't remember the show.
(Strangely I remember shitty details like the sister-neighbour and her stupid plan though)

Top Bottom