• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels Secret Wars by Hickman & Ribic |OT| Everything ends... Everything begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole E Crap that's a lot of issues.

I'm sticking with the Main Line I guess. Maybe looking into some of the Battleworld stuff.

Thanks to the OP creators for the pre-event synopsis as well. So I guess I just need to pick up SW #0 and SW #1 and go from there.

There is a Secret Wars sale on Comixology right now.

Has someone made a list of what to own/essential from the sale?

mjc

Holy shit...I'm gonna wait until this stuff starts hitting Marvel Unlimited later this year haha

I'm more confused now than I was before, so many comics lol.

So this even starts today? I'll swing by my local shop and pic some comics up.

Pilgrimzero

Just read Secret Wars #1.

Amazing.

That dollar comic book line between Rocket and Groot was cringey and wtf worthy though.

Also, when does Cyk join Storm and make Nation-X?

And, why save Star Lord?

I'd like to know the Cyk/Storm thing as well. I admit I haven't read the Cyclops lead X-Book but the all female X-Men and the original All-New X-Men book don't seem to follow that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I just started reading comics recently. And just started with physical comics after free comic book day. Picked up the first 3 Spider Gwens along with free Secret Wars #0 and All new All different Avengers. So tempted to pick up Secret Wars #1 at my local comic shop now.

Dalek

is SW#0 available online anywhere?

Legally I don't think so-but DC just put their FCBD offering up digitally so maybe Marvel would do the same.

For what it's worth, it's basically Valeria Richards just recapping the events of New Avengers to the Future Foundation.

D i Z

yeah, but again- you're not intended to pick up every issue, any more than you're intended to pick up every issue of every book marvel prints in a given month. You'd go bankrupt just as fast.

the core story doesn't require all the tie ins, they're just interesting alternate tales and "what ifs?" for fans following the series.

Oh for sure. They do however present a rather lovely looking buffet, and everything looks worthy of sampling.

FFFUUUUCCCKKK

SO MUCH COMICS

I'm getting the main series, Last Days of Ant-Man, Weirdworld, Korvac Saga, Planet Hulk, Ghost Racers, Thors, maybe A-Force, maybe Civil War, and who knows what else? Months from now I'll be buying trades like crazy for Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Punisher, Ms. Marvel, etc.

Marvel, you have defeated me.

You know with Franklin, Valeria, and Susan all on that piece of the ship they survived. The most powerful non-abstract being in the universe, the smartest human, and their mom will survive that. In fact, I'd bet they'll be the key characters in ending Battleworld and leaving the universe in whatever state it will be.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Someone else had to see the little life raft in the hole of U. Reed's bubble city, right? While he's talking about theft. There are 2 rafts. U. Reed and the Cabal are still around.

My guess with Cyclops/Phoenix: He stored the world inside himself to resurrect at some point.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Someone else had to see the little life raft in the hole of U. Reed's bubble city, right? While he's talking about theft. There are 2 rafts. U. Reed and the Cabal are still around.

My guess with Cyclops/Phoenix: He stored the world inside himself to resurrect at some point.

where did you get that from? the world was still there when he was zapped onto the ark

Toa TAK

Banned
That's a lot of fucking comics. I'll just stick with reading the mainline.

As for the first issue of Secret Wars, it was pretty insane. Glad to see Ultimate Richards again.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I think he means that he has the capability to restore the universe. But yeah, the world was not absorbed.

cyclops restoring the universe with the phoenix? then jean just got blown out(literally)

now would be the perfect time to read deadpool 250. they should have delayed it

BlackJace

Is this a prelude to a reboot? Will there be a wave of #1 issues after the end?

I've wanted to get into reading comics, is it wise to start with this event and then wait for whatever launches going forward?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holy shit guys, I feel so fucking sad after that issue. I expected a lot of shit, but not this. I never expected this.

shit i want to read this but it looks so overwhelming considering i've never really read comics before

edit: re read the OP. thank god i don't need to read all of these to understand lol.

All thos eAvengers and New Avengers ones are pre reading though right? I am interested in the pre reading. I'll probably only read the spiderman and xmen tie in comics though. Maybe a couple others.

bengraven

As usual, since 1993, I'll stick with Spider-man and X-men to try and calm my confusion over things.

Those holding out for TPBs will probably be stuck where I was when Civil War came out - one major collection and like 15 separate trades for the side stuff..which is confusing as hell.

Mudcrab

dude.... the UU being destroyed easily makes it place 1st.

That universe was beyond saving.

nGZCOOy.gif

Not quite. CBR gave it 3/5, though the score is a little confusing as the text could certainly be described as "gushing," for the most part

I had to laugh at this. The text : "So unpredictable. So good. Awesome. I wonder how it continues"
The score : 3/5 its okay.

shit i want to read this but it looks so overwhelming considering i've never really read comics before

Depends on what you lack.
If you know half of those characters you gonna have no trouble reading Secret Wars with the summary.
If you know nearly nobody then you gonna have a hard time following.

Sadist

Man... some observations

- Lol the Punisher. Guy goes out with a bang.
- Damn all of the kills
- Star Lord? Guess they'll say they need a reliable space adventuerer or something like that.
- Spider-Man is always the luckiest guy

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's a lot of comic issues just for "lol we're rebooting the Marvel series." :/

IrishNinja

holy shit, i normally know better than to read the tie-ins, but there's so many here that look great!

everything we've read sounds like a softer reset than new 52, but who knows

That is what you get for being responsible and shit. Nobody told you to be a grown ass man.

talk to em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom