• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels Secret Wars by Hickman & Ribic |OT| Everything ends... Everything begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

ultimate universe x-men just crossed over with the all-new X-men and miles morales a couple of issues ago. they're around, they just weren't invited to the cross dimensional invasion. Incursion was only an hour, so their absence isn't conspicuous.

everyone else? who knows
A few of them do make a one panel appearance in today's issue!

You know it's pretty funny that ostensibly Thor is
one of seven of the last 616 characters left in existence at this moment, seemingly set up to be one of our POV characters in Battleworld, and we still have no idea who she is

Sandfox

one of seven of the last 616 characters left in existence at this moment, seemingly set up to be one of our POV characters in Battleworld, and we still have no idea who she is

Next week's issue of Thor is supposed to reveal it.

Something I don't quite get from my vague perusal of these threads: back when the Incursions were still happening, if you destroy the other universe's earth, does the rest of the other universe survive? I mean, based on this:

it sounds like the universe survives? Or at least is believed to? But then we'll still have a multiverse after the dust is settled, just a multiverse with only one earth.

'Course that also means that evacuating and scuttling earth would've saved everyone a lot of trouble. But of course the earthlings are too stubborn (and technologically primitive), while the aliens are too snobbish to bother evacuating before trying to blow it up.

they actually did try this, they used a cosmic cube to create another earth but the star that they chose for it to orbit went "lol no" and died an early death.

essentially the everything was dying so fast it was screwing over all their plans

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still confused there's no Earth X tie in, while several characters from it have appeared on covers.

I think this is the stupidest event ever. I mean the lead up is fine, I guess. But a patchwork full of alternate versions of heroes.

BECAUSE COMIC BOOKS!

Ri'Orius

It's false hope. Even if you survive the final Incursion your universe will still die due to the Beyonders' actions.

Do the Beyonders intend to leave the last universe standing, though? Presumably not: they want to end it all. So we need to stop them one way or another, right?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ultimate universe x-men just crossed over with the all-new X-men and miles morales a couple of issues ago. they're around, they just weren't invited to the cross dimensional invasion. Incursion was only an hour, so their absence isn't conspicuous.

everyone else? who knows

all they could do was watch shit go down

we still dont know why odinson was unworthy.

JC Lately

So if I took complete leave of my senses and wanted to marathon all relevant comics before starting this event, where is a good place to find a comprehensive list?

Afrodium

Banned
I think this is the stupidest event ever. I mean the lead up is fine, I guess. But a patchwork full of alternate versions of heroes.

BECAUSE COMIC BOOKS!

I much prefer a slew of "what-if" stories where creators are given much more creative freedom than having all tie-in for the next few months just show us what each individual hero is doing to help out with the battles in the main book.

I much prefer a slew of "what-if" stories where creators are given much more creative freedom then having all tie-in for the next few months just show us what each individual hero is doing to help out with the battles in the main book.
That is what I love about What If and Elseworlds stuff. Just creators going nuts and not worrying about the consequences.

Dalek

So if I took complete leave of my senses and wanted to marathon all relevant comics before starting this event, where is a good place to find a comprehensive list?

The answer to this question is in the very first post of this thread.

Afrodium

Banned

By "all relevant comics" do you just mean what you need to know to understand the main players and circumstances of the event, or do you want to read all the original stories that the tie-ins are based on? If it's the former then Hickman's New Avengers and Avengers runs are all you really need. People will tell you to read his Fantastic Four run too, and you totally should if you want to read an amazing F4 run, but now that things have panned out I'm not sure it's all that essential.

If you want to understand the stories that each tie-in is based on then this event will probably be over by the time you're finished.

JC Lately

By "all relevant comics" do you just mean what you need to know to understand the main players and circumstances of the event, or do you want to read all the original stories that the tie-ins are based on? If it's the former then Hickman's New Avengers and Avengers runs are all you really need. People will tell you to read his Fantastic Four run too, and you totally should if you want to read an amazing F4 run, but now that things have panned out I'm not sure it's all that essential.

If you want to understand the stories that each tie-in is based on then this event will probably be over by the time you're finished.

I meant the former. And thanks. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Afrodium

Banned
I meant the former. And thanks. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

GAF member Sinatar created this reading guide for Hickman's run.

17325736411_a6719d7735_o.png

I remember being exhausted by Infinity and taking a break for a bit because the event was kind of lackluster. What I didn't know at the time is that things start getting really good once Infinity is out of the way.

Hero

So what does the Phoenix Egg do? It gave Cyclops the power of the Phoenix again?

So 616 Captain America is dead and Cyclops has the powers of the Phoenix again and one of the last remaining members? #CyclopsWasRight

JC Lately

GAF member Sinitar created this reading guide for Hickman's run.

17325736411_a6719d7735_o.png

I remember being exhausted by Infinity and taking a break for a bit because the event was kind of lackluster. What I didn't know at the time is that things start getting really good once Infinity is out of the way.

oh yes this is quite nice. Thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did Cyke have the same costume as he did in phoenix-form back in AvX?

PsychBat!

Banned
If it can turn JJJ, it can turn you, too.
I'm sorry, man. I made the unfortunate mistake of reading Ultimatum twice and it was garbage both times. It's just not even remotely good. It relies on shock value with very nonsensical deaths that do nothing to advance the plot whatsoever. It was very inconsistent and it had character assassinations left and right that made people scratch their heads.

It ends *surprise!* with a graphic death of Cyclops. The whole thing just brought down the potential of any other book besides Spider-Man. The damage was irreparable... until now.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm sorry, man. I made the unfortunate mistake of reading Ultimatum twice and it was garbage both times. It's just not even remotely good. It relies on shock value with very nonsensical deaths that do nothing to advance the plot whatsoever. It was very inconsistent and it had character assassinations left and right that made people scratch their heads.

It ends *surprise!* with a graphic death of Cyclops. The whole thing just brought down the potential of any other book besides Spider-Man. The damage was irreparable... until now.

i was happy that ult 4 survived ultimatum, until... well. and ive been rooting for ultimate reed ever since. ben and sue should have died during hunger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom