• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
New Amazing Spider-Man trailer also confirmed to be playing before Avengers!!! HYYYYPE!!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-amazing-spider-man-arrives-with-the-avengers

If the combined team-up of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury and the Hulk isn't enough to get you into a theater next weekend, prepare to throw Batman and Spider-Man into the mix. Marc Webb confirmed today on Attack of the Show that a new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man will be joining the previously announced trailer for The Dark Knight Rises before screenings of Marvel's The Avengers, beginning Friday, May 4th. According to Webb, the trailer will likely arrive online first, sometime next Thursday.

The Amazing Spider-Man, meanwhile, is set for release on July 3rd and stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, with Martin Sheen and Sally Field. Directed by Marc Webb, the film arrives with a screenplay written by James Vanderbilt, based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

The news comes on the heels of the announcement that Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are coming on board to work on the screenplay for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and the continuation of the Webb film's viral campaign, the latest message from which was just right here at SuperHeroHype.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Almost exactly what I expected. TDKR will be so much better.

bold part: I really hate that in movies.

Uh, one of the reason Iron Man was so well like was because of his wittiness and mood lightening. Which seems to be the same in this movie.

Vek

Cool, thanks. One more question for those who have seen the film:
Do they properly explain how magnetism discovery/the bracelet connects to the new armor for Iron Man or is it glossed over? Looking for a yes or no.

Short answer:
No.
Long answer:
It's only shown how it works very briefly. They appear to be guided by a laser tracking system and the suit just wraps around him.

apana

New Amazing Spider-Man trailer also confirmed to be playing before Avengers!!! HYYYYPE!!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-amazing-spider-man-arrives-with-the-avengers

batman_carrying_spiderman.jpg

I'd rather be laughing because characters are cracking jokes than laughing because Bale can't do a Batman voice to save his life.

arya_bran.gif

chrisnolan-o.gif

Superman00

Liverpool01
I really don't get this whole "this superhero movie will be better than that" thing. I'm looking forward to all 3, they are each gonna be different. You can enjoy all 3 movie without them having to be better than one another.

I really don't get this whole "this superhero movie will be better than that" thing. I'm looking forward to all 3, they are each gonna be different. You can enjoy all 3 movie without them having to be better than one another.

Not in the Nolanverse. He must remain king! Nothing can be better or make more money!

Fry

Isn't that just what people do?

If a new Metal Gear Solid and a new Splinter Cell were to be released in the same year, the same comparisons would happen.

Nesotenso

Or it could just be that Whedon fans are a bit oversensitive?

Nolan definitely seems to have a more fanatical following on GAF. Anyway, the two approaches to the genre couldn't be more different. Bats of course lends pretty well to the interpretation Nolan is going with in his films.

Superman00

Liverpool01
Isn't that just what people do?

If a new Metal Gear Solid and a new Splinter Cell were to be released in the same year, the same comparisons would happen.

Well that is true, but some of the comment in this thread just scream fanboy, and pure trolling. Going to see the movie for a trailer to another movie, and that the trailer will be better than the movie. Even though the reviews so far have seems to point to that this will be a fun and entertaining movie.

Superman00

Liverpool01
There are fanatical Whedon fans on GAF too. ;)

Besides, comparisons are inevitable. If people cant handle that then bail out already.

Whedon fanboy? Seriously, I see people hype for the Avengers, and then people that bash Whedon. You go to a movie to see a movie, not to see the director.

Zzoram

People just like Nolan Batman because he made the first good but also completely serious superhero movie. A lot of people feel that the more light-hearted approach to superheroes makes them too childish for their mature tastes.

I think that's the wrong way to look at these movies. All superhero movies, no matter how hard they try to make them realistic, contain a ton of ridiculous things that are harder to accept when they play it totally straight.

Superman00

Liverpool01
People just like Nolan Batman because he made the first good but also completely serious superhero movie. A lot of people feel that the more light-hearted approach to superheroes makes them too childish for their mature tastes.

I guess they wouldn't like Iron Man then. Personally I like comedies more than serious drama, so I probably enjoy all the bantering by Iron Man.

I think that's the wrong way to look at these movies. All superhero movies, no matter how hard they try to make them realistic, contain a ton of ridiculous things that are harder to accept when they play it totally straight.

I've no problem with such an approach as long as it's executed well.

See: Spider-Man 2

I don't give a damn about the tone, just make a good film please.

noah111

Still Alive
I could see how someone not familiar with comics might not know who Thanos is.
Definitely, this is true. He's not 'one of the lesser knowns' per say, but he certainly is more of a classic than a lot of the newer/more modern Avengers rivals and enemies.

I was pretty damn excited and i'm pleased to say it delivered beyond my expectations. The pure spectacle of the action sequences was a joy to watch and Whedon absolutely nailed the character dynamics and banter.

Superman00

Liverpool01
I was pretty damn excited and i'm pleased to say it delivered beyond my expectations. The pure spectacle of the action sequences was a joy to watch and Whedon absolutely nailed the character dynamics and banter.

Seriously can't wait for next week midnight showing. Did you watch it in 3D? Contemplating whether to watch it in 3D or 2D. It sucks that the genuine Imax here is showing Wrath of the Titan later but not the Avenger.

now showing in the Philippines, im at SM Mall of Asia right now getting my tickets, some jerk was shouting some spoiler about an agent ! we call those people here "SPOILER INVADERS"
What they do is after watching the movie, they run about in the ticketing lines and shout anything that would ruin things for everybody then they run away. do you have those kind of people in your country ?

now showing in the Philippines, im at SM Mall of Asia right now getting my rickets, some jerk was shouting some spoiler about an agent ! we call those people here "SPOILER INVADERS"
What they do is after watching the movie, they run about in the ticketing lines and shout anything that would ruin things for everybody then they run away. do you have those kind of people in your country ?
Yes.

spoiler aside, seems the movie is spot on, i have noticed people leaving the cinemas have this suspecting grin on their faces indicating satisfaction.

Zzoram

I guess they wouldn't like Iron Man then. Personally I like comedies more than serious drama, so I probably enjoy all the bantering by Iron Man.

Ya, I can only handle so much seriousness in a movie before I just don't want to watch it anymore.

I very strongly prefer movies and TV with a bit of humor, that somehow makes them easier to watch.

shira

now showing in the Philippines, im at SM Mall of Asia right now getting my tickets, some jerk was shouting some spoiler about an agent ! we call those people here "SPOILER INVADERS"
I think we call them trailers. They usually play before other movies.

CorvoSol

Thanos is one of the lesser knowns? Joke post???? He has to be one of the most well known villains in all of Marvel

Not compared to like, every other villain they have. At best people will know who Dr. Octopus, the Green Goblin, Magneto, Dr. Doom and Galactus are. After that, the common man is less likely to know.

Or it could just be that Whedon fans are a bit oversensitive?

Nolan definitely seems to have a more fanatical following on GAF. Anyway, the two approaches to the genre couldn't be more different. Bats of course lends pretty well to the interpretation Nolan is going with in his films.

There are fanatical Whedon fans on GAF too. ;)

Besides, comparisons are inevitable. If people cant handle that then bail out already.

Whedonites are numerous and VERY sensitive it seems, but the Nolan Force is much stronger and vocal on GAF.

I am a fan of Nolan and not one of Whedon, but Nolan Force does annoy me to high heaven. Just as much as the Whedonites.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I could see how someone not familiar with comics might not know who Thanos is.

Not knowing Thanos? you might as well not know any Avengers villains.
Which of Marvels powerhouse villains is more famous than Thanos???.....I know im taking this a little too much to the heart, it just disheartens me when someone says Thanos is a lesser known villain.

Which of Marvels powerhouse villains is more famous than Thanos???.....I know im taking this a little too much to the heart, it just disheartens me when someone says Thanos is a lesser known villain.

Thanos is a comic nerd's wet dream villain for a movie. The public has no fucking clue who he is.

noah111

Still Alive
Like I said, it's definitely possible, as Thanos is more of a classic villain and those who have followed Avengers from the 2k's might not know him too well.

Either way, it doesn't really matter.

Also, that was described as the mid credits scene. Was there anything at the end of the credits? Like the scene RDJ said they were filming recently?

WHOA! REALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY! Brain forgot to put the spoiler tag on there. Having the YouTube video be active in window made me forget that was spoiler shit. VERY sorry. Thank Christ it is late and I got to edit that with tags before too many others responded.

But to the point, non comic readers would have no clue about the events of that credits scene.

Hey, I'm not speaking for myself. I just think it's fair to say the general public (which doesn't read comics) likely doesn't have much of a clue about who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom