• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hey, no one's saying Tony didn't have a good argument. But that kinda gets lost in all the superhero extra-dimensional internement camp, murderous Thor clone, giving Spider-Man armor under the guise of friendship only to bug the thing to hell and back, and working with the fucking Thunderbolts over Captain America.

What about sending armed shields soldiers to take luke cage in at the stroke of midnight? And using a cap corpse lmd to trap to rogue avengers.

ReiGun

What about sending armed shields soldiers to take luke cage in at the stroke of midnight? And using a cap corpse lmd to trap to rogue avengers.

I take it those were in tie-ins. I only read the main series.

Holy shit @ the bolded. What the fuck, Tony?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Nah on that we can agree. Tony believes ends justify means, but in the end there are no ends and the means become horrible.

So Marvel studios please just leave civil war alone forever, don't touch it... just don't.
But it's such an awesome angle! It's so good, the Xmen needed to fight each other and now the Xmen are fighting The Avengers.

I don't think Marvel has supervillians any more. You just have the heroes clobbering each other and wrecking cities on their own.

ReiGun

That was my first question with AvX: Whose fighting the supervillains while all this is going on? Or are they just letting them run wild cause they figure, "Hey. If we can't get this Phoenix shit under control, we're fucked anyway."

That was my first question with AvX: Whose fighting the supervillains while all this is going on? Or are they just letting them run wild cause they figure, "Hey. If we can't get this Phoenix shit under control, we're fucked anyway."
You gotta use the same Marvel-philter when reading as when something happens on Manhattan, and all the other heroes (which are almost wholly based there) are conveniently elsewhere.

Usually its because the time scales are so warped. Obviously with something that comes out every two weeks it is hard to fathom how the entire story arc could take place in like 2 days or so.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You gotta use the same Marvel-philter when reading as when something happens on Manhattan, and all the other heroes (which are almost wholly based there) are conveniently elsewhere.

That is one advantage DC has in inhabiting a bunch of cities that do not exist.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Spider-Man is by far the best thing about civil war. And there aren't that many good things about it.

I really dig the Iron Spider armor. Tate's has a classy-as-hell bust of it I'll perhaps buy one day when I sit on mountains of gold bars.
bZjm8.jpg

LuCkymoON

Banned

Honestly it seems most of the villains in MCU are either redeemed, small-time, locked up or dead.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Saw it yesterday, and it was glorious! Just one thing I didn't get; after Thor & Hulk defeat the leviathan, Hulk punches Thor. It was funny as hell, but why did he do that?

Khezu

Spider-Man is by far the best thing about civil war. And there aren't that many good things about it.

I really dig the Iron Spider armor. Tate's has a classy-as-hell bust of it I'll perhaps buy one day when I sit on mountains of gold bars.
bZjm8.jpg

Iron spider was awesome, I also really liked tony and peter's weird father son relationship they had going. Would love them to return to that, especially now that peter is actually using science and shit again.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Captain America's shield absorbs everything. Doesn't deflect bullets, it stops them. Can absorb a blow from Thor's hammer.

How does it bounce off walls then?

Log4Girlz

Captain America's shield absorbs everything. Doesn't deflect bullets, it stops them. Can absorb a blow from Thor's hammer.

How does it bound off walls then?

I've always thought that the material had different properties at its edge or the edge was made of another metal.

Can't imagine, it already felt pretty tired and boring in the first 35 minutes or so.

Anyways, heading out to see it for the second time in LieMAX 3D tomorrow; should help clarify my feelings about this Joss Whedon extravaganza.

Solo

Can't imagine, it already felt pretty tired and boring in the first 35 minutes or so.

Anyways, heading out to see it for the second time in LieMAX 3D tomorrow; should help clarify my feelings about this Joss Whedon extravaganza.

Hated it so much you need to see it again?

Tom_Cody

I finally was able to watch the Avengers on Saturday, and then I went and saw it again on Sunday. Mark Ruffalo definitely stole the show.

If they do end up making a new Hulk film (which I'm praying they do), I hope it will draw heavily upon Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine (sans Wolverine of course).

Ultimatehulk2.jpg

So I bought a big book of Thor stories. I guess the fact I finally stopped going "hey I should read a comic sometime" and actually went out and bought one says a lot about this film's effect on me.

It has Ballad of Beta Ray Bill, so I'm pretty pumped to finally read that.

ReiGun

So I bought a big book of Thor stories. I guess the fact I finally stopped going "hey I should read a comic sometime" and actually went out and bought one says a lot about this film's effect on me.

It has Ballad of Beta Ray Bill, so I'm pretty pumped to finally read that.

This movie has had me reading a ton of stuff I kept telling myself I'd get to. Read Infinity Gauntlet over the weekend. Reading Extremis as we speak.

I wonder why the chick in his hand is the only one who looks pissed off.

Either he's crushing her spine, or she wants the rest of those bitches to leave so she can get some of that good Hulk lovin'.

Love how they all have amazing ass and tits.
Only the best for the Hulk.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder if this will produce a notable uptick in sales of Marvel back issues? If it's anything like a substantially increase, that will really say more than any box office numbers ever could.

Tom_Cody

This movie has had me reading a ton of stuff I kept telling myself I'd get to. Read Infinity Gauntlet over the weekend. Reading Extremis as we speak.
Is there actually a readable (practically speaking) version of this? I had thought the Infinity Gauntlet story-line was one of Marvel's massive crossover events.

Not going to lie, I've purchased more comics (Marvel mostly) than I ever have in my life in the past few weeks and Avengers was definitely the catalyst.

Is there actually a readable (practically speaking) version of this? I had thought the Infinity Gauntlet story-line was one of Marvel's massive crossover events.
Yes, it's a six-issue series; not one of those huge jumbled up crossover event things.

It's on Comixology app, reading it right now and it's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom