• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Defenders |OT| Featuring The Worst Iron Fist - August 18th on Netflix

JJ's fluctuating strength remains the most baffling thing in the Marvel Netflix universe. She should be the strongest in the group, bar none, especially since she has no combat skills. Luke's primary contribution to the group should be his indestructible nature, not being the muscle.

Last episode spoiler:
JJ holding the elevator was the only time she appears stronger than Luke.

All the characters are getting another standalone season. It stands to reason that there would be one more Defenders after them.

Marvel's wiki says LC is significantly stronger than JJ. JJ strength is at least 2 tons, while Cage is 50 tons.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Strength_Scale

MercuryLS3

Is this worth watching? I liked Daredevil season 1 and 2. Didn't really like Jessica Jones or Luke Cage all that much. Didn't watch Iron Fist.

LotusHD

Banned
JJ's fluctuating strength remains the most baffling thing in the Marvel Netflix universe. She should be the strongest in the group, bar none, especially since she has no combat skills. Luke's primary contribution to the group should be his indestructible nature, not being the muscle.

She's weird in that she has super strength, but seemingly has no durability to match it.

Dysun

It had a strong start but fizzled out by the end. Another miss overall for MCU Netflix.
The Hand are just not interesting at all, no matter how hard they try. Same goes for Iron Fist

Luke really shouldn't just stand around when people start shooting. Like, he knows there exists a bullet that can kill him, and if Diamondback can get it, someone like Alexandra should have no problem getting it.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Luke really shouldn't just stand around when people start shooting. Like, he knows there exists a bullet that can kill him, and if Diamondback can get it, someone like Alexandra should have no problem getting it.

Apparently the last one was used on Agents of Shield. :p

LotusHD

Banned

They didn't expect Luke to interfere, so it's not surprising that they didn't have it on hand.

Is this worth watching? I liked Daredevil season 1 and 2. Didn't really like Jessica Jones or Luke Cage all that much. Didn't watch Iron Fist.

I fucking loved DD season 1 and the first half of season 2. Really haven't cared for any of the other shows. I'm halfway through this and enjoying it. Not as good as DD, but I'd personally rate it ahead of the rest so far.

Matt doesn't do much the first couple of episodes, but I find the rest of them more enjoyable here than in their solo shows. Same with Elektra and The Hand. Thought they brought everything else down previously, but I'm digging them both here.

MercuryLS3

I fucking loved DD season 1 and the first half of season 2. Really haven't cared for any of the other shows. I'm halfway through this and enjoying it. Not as good as DD, but I'd personally rate it ahead of the rest so far.

Matt doesn't do much the first couple of episodes, but I find the rest of them more enjoyable here than in their solo shows. Same with Elektra and The Hand. Thought they brought everything else down previously, but I'm digging them both here.

Cool, will give it a shot tomorrow.

Haven't finished yet so no spoilers or anything, but I really hope this is the last we see of The Hand and Elektra. Reckon they felt obligated to use them for Defenders after the build up in Daredevil and Iron Fist. Problem is those were the worst parts of both.

I'm actually enjoying the team dynamic for the most part, even Danny in spots. Season 2 would have a huge leg up by avoiding all this Hand baggage and finding a good central plot.

VeeP

Just started Episode 7, and I need to say, I love Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock. Dude kills it in every scene.

And for the record, Jess needs to make cameo's in DD and vice versa. Seriously, I wouldn't mind them working together for an episode or two. Both are fun to watch, especially when Jess is talking shit to Matt.

I honestly hope we never see that again. Worst part about Luke Cage season 1 for me.

It is. I was wondering as well so I checked the system information on my TV and it said it was outputting 3840x2160.

Nice. I can't figure out how to do that on the KS8000. The button that usually shows that info controls Netflix also. I thought it looked good, but I notice HDR far more than 4k.

Gorillaz

4 episodes in and I really wish the duo team up was luke and dd instead of IF. I felt that even before the show but definitely now watching

4 episodes in and I really wish the duo team up was luke and dd instead of IF. I felt that even before the show but definitely now watching

Same. Also, is it just me because it feels like Jessica Jones is not getting enough screen time whenever they fight together?

On other note I'm really liking Elektra on this show halfway threw Episode 5. I'm enjoying every moment when she's on screen.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Only four episodes in and it's pretty decent. Nothing great but not bad either. The Hand has always been the worst part of the Netflix shows and I really hope that this is the last we see of them--ever. Thankfully we have The Punisher later this year to make amends.

Serpico99

Honestly it has been downhill after DD S1. Steven S. DeKnight's departure is sorely missed as the show runner. He made Spartacus more than watchable...

Nice. I can't figure out how to do that on the KS8000. The button that usually shows that info controls Netflix also. I thought it looked good, but I notice HDR far more than 4k.

On the Smart remote you can press the 123 button, and then scroll over the info icon on the far left. Pressing that will show Netflix’s current output and you should see 2160p. Not quite as easy as just pressing the circle button to see what the TV is currently doing but it works.

Oddduck

And for the record, Jess needs to make cameo's in DD and vice versa. Seriously, I wouldn't mind them working together for an episode or two. Both are fun to watch, especially when Jess is talking shit to Matt.

I would watch an entire season of Daredevil + Jessica Jones working together.

The scenes with Matt and Jess are fun.

So, I'm thinking most of the Avengers could probably single-handedly take out The Hand. Like, with all their power and scheming, they'd be hard pressed to beat someone like Iron Man or even Ant-Man, much less the heavier hitters.

ZeroX03

Banned
Three episodes down. The first two and 3/4 episodes are boring and pointless. Should've just skipped to this point where it's finally entertaining. e: yeah start of episode four is much better than all the garbage beforehand

How can Power Man and Iron Fist have no chemistry and no fun? Fuckkkkkk.

Sadist

I would watch an entire season of Daredevil + Jessica Jones working together.

The scenes with Matt and Jess are fun.
Agreed.

"Nice ears." "They're horns"

So, I'm thinking most of the Avengers could probably single-handedly take out The Hand. Like, with all their power and scheming, they'd be hard pressed to beat someone like Iron Man or even Ant-Man, much less the heavier hitters.
Well, sure. The Avengers have faced an alien threat, Hydra, a demi-god, Killer Robots and each other. A group of crazy occult ninja's, Thor would beat those before breakfast.

Kadayi

Banned

Last episode spoiler:
JJ holding the elevator was the only time she appears stronger than Luke.

Yeah, I must admit it wasn't exactly clear what the deal was. It's like, they're both strong, but the show needs to demonstrate that when push comes to shove Jones is way stronger, otherwise it just comes across as her being kind of flimsy in comparison.

Syinn

Neo Member
Just finished watching it all. I honestly found this boring most of the time, nothing has reached DD s1 quality imo.

cj_iwakura

Does Sigourney Weaver even have a power?
They imply she can fight, but
we sure never see it.

Also regarding the ending,
does anyone else feel like Misty's fate was needlessly cruel?
Instead of getting a hero moment, she got Yamcha'd.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Three episodes down. The first two and 3/4 episodes are boring and pointless. Should've just skipped to this point where it's finally entertaining. e: yeah start of episode four is much better than all the garbage beforehand

How can Power Man and Iron Fist have no chemistry and no fun? Fuckkkkkk.

Strange opinion. So you want no context to what's happening? Whether or not you are liking the story this makes no sense...

Yeah, it's weird. They don't ever explain some of the villains abilities at all. Just a sentence would be fine.

They're students of K'un-Lun
. There's your explanation.

They imply she can fight, but
we sure never see it.

Also regarding the ending,
does anyone else feel like Misty's fate was needlessly cruel?
Instead of getting a hero moment, she got Yamcha'd.

Misty Knight
has a bionic arm in the comics.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's fun to see the three of them team up on Danny.

Strange opinion. So you want no context to what's happening? Whether or not you are liking the story this makes no sense...

Hand = bad
Defenders = good

There's a reason superhero movies gloss over 90% of this, it isn't necessary. Netflix bloat that took two and a half hours to explain very little or stuff we already knew from the previous shows. It didn't justify the runtime.

Felt like the whole thing was quite a boring mess. The bad dialogues were the only thing that kept me interested, as well as seeing how Jessica Jones' just HAS to wear that scarf.

It was ok, nothing more. I'm glad the
Hand story arc was seemingly completed
, every other villain they used in the standalone series was way more interesting. Still, now that Phase 1 of the Netflix series is complete I am very much looking forward to the Punisher series and especially DD S3 since (spoilers for Defenders finale and DD S2)
Fisk's conversation with Matt in DD s2 and the final shot of the last epsidode of the Defenders heavily imply if not outright confirm the "Born Again"
storyline for DD s3.

Top Bottom