• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

The NA version is at 5.3GB of an install as well. It has to be with ALL the dlc or else it would say otherwise- think like Borderlands GOTY, it states the games install and the required memory for the add-ons. At least I hope ><.

Either way buying this tomorrow with Best Buy's Buy 2 Get 1 Free. LBP2 CE, Mass Effect 2 and a place holder for DS2 me thinks.

Cannot wait.

Coxswain

Yeah, I maybe should have been a bit more clear about that. It's not like NG+ in Demon's Souls or something where the enemies are actually more powerful; it's entirely due to the lack of researched upgrades at the beginning of the game, and evens out to be the same difficulty by the time you reach the end. Still, it's not what you want if you're aiming for a casual, relaxed, low-pressure replay of the game.

Equus Bellator Apex said:
I know it's tomorrow, but is it going to be part of a bigger psn store update like randomly in the day or is it going to be on psn 12:01 am?

It will be part of the PSN store update tomorrow.

Wallach

Equus Bellator Apex said:
I know it's tomorrow, but is it going to be part of a bigger psn store update like randomly in the day or is it going to be on psn 12:01 am?

Ah, that much I don't know. I suppose we will find out soon.

Neki

I wish new game+ let you get new classes, but it's no big loss. Starting a new game still gets you the exp bonus (I think) and gives you 50k of each resource + 200k credits, it's not too bad at all. And you get a bonus power! :p

DR2K said:
My amazon copy shipped, woot.
Enjoy.

I hope the people buying it have some context of the story though. It's not terrifically written, but it's not bad. For a game it's better than most. I consider it a sloppier, juvenile Firefly.

I consider that a compliment to a game story.

Yeah looks like m gonna be back for round 2

These are all more of excuses rather than legitimate reasons but....

- I don't have my save from my 360 completion anymore
Mordin and Wrex were dead in it anyways :(
<--- that is a real spoiler by the way
- I never got a chance to play any of the DLC (got too busy with work and grad school) and it looks like this has all the good ones
- I'm interested in the comic book synopsis thing going on
- I want to play in the new purdy ME3 engine
- And finally....it is easily my favorite game of the generation

For anyone that is going to be grabbing this on PSN, I have a couple $20 PSN cards that I'm gonna be selling for $17 each ( no tax plus a decent discount). Just shoot me a pm. My gaf feedback can be found by searching for my gaf username on this page

Emitan

EatChildren said:
No press release ever said there was any exclusive PS3 content (digital comic aside).

Not sure why then. The image host I picked was one that everybody should see.
Abload is blocked at work. Every single image hosting website I know of is blocked.

Neki

Vanguard is fun, but some of these missions are terrible for Vanguard, most notably, missions where they're on ledges/unreachable places (every other mission at least), doesn't really let me charge at them. I basically just sit back and tell my team to overload their shields so I can lift them. I wish the shotgun had more ammo though. :( But the Arc Projector heavy weapon is so imba against multiple enemies. I can't wait for slow charge, one more level!

seat

crimzonflame said:
I think my question got lost in the last few pages.
Yes, I definitely think you should try it. I didn't like the first ME very much either, but Bioware revamped almost everything in the gameplay for the second. ME2 is easily one of my favorite games this generation.

Neki

crimzonflame said:
I think my question got lost in the last few pages.
I beat ME2, loved it, went back to try to play ME1 to get a full playthrough and can't stand it. ME2 nailed the combat so much better, the cover feels much more natural and the abilities are on much shorter cooldowns, letting you use them more often. Along with naturally recovering shields/health, I think fun-wise, it's superior. ME1 also gives me this strange headache when I play it, might be the jarring of the camera or something.

Neki

crimzonflame said:
I didnt like talking to people.
Um, yeah, that really hasn't changed in ME2. You could try avoiding conversations in ME2, but what makes ME2 great is the character development and arcs, the story is at it's best when you're exploring the background of each of your squadmates. If you don't appreciate that, you really won't like the game.

crimzonflame said:
Hmmm...well the exposition of the game was some of my more enjoyable parts, but Me2 is quite a bit more action focused. You could play it as a 3rd person shooter for the most part and still enjoy it I would say

I mean there is still talking, story,etc....but I guess you could just Renegade as much as possible

Well, they successfully re-created the experience of the 360 and pc collector's edition..

the Cerberus network code is invalid (LOL)..

styl3s

AAK said:
Uncharted-2-GotY-boxshot-450x623.jpg
Even that game didn't release at 60$, that released at like 49.99

Arjen

Guardian Bob said:
Question: Books worth it?

If you really like the Universe: Yes.

First one deals with Anderson and Saren
Second one partly takes place on Omega.
Third one deals with Cerberus

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Doing the double dip on this game again! hahaha i know i know.
For some reason i passed it twice but both good, now i shall pass twice again but "evil"

crimzonflame said:

Many of the RPG elements were removed or streamlined but talking to people is still a huge part of the game. If you don't enjoy the exposition, then Mass Effect probably isn't series for you.

anddo0

I'm double dipping. Should only cost me $30, got some dead weight to rid of. I got the PC version, but I'm not a m/kb guy. So neither ME title felt right. My laptop also isn't the greatest. I was able to run ME1 on decent settings. But found myself lowering the res all the way down to 800X600 at times, just to make it through some sections of ME2.

Just saw the $20 preorder bonus on amazon, was waiting for that. Just ordered and still got the credit even though it isn't a pre order anymore. Sweet.

Well, I don't mind installs, because I want the game to play as awesome as possible, but this is taking forever! Come on dang it!!!!!!! I want to play this sucker!!!!!!

lucius

I gonna eventually double dip with this even though I have the 360 version, I bought a bunch of the Metal Gear solid games more than once and this series is just as good if not better now.

Fucking DLC code for the Cerberus Network is not working!!!!! The comic is on there, so I stuck not playing this game! Why is it EA always screws up there DLC codes? The same thing happened with Medal of Honor. I'm on hold with there Customer Service now and will update when I get off the phone. To me this is unacceptable as the code should have been working last night at midnight.

Shinjitsu

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Fucking DLC code for the Cerberus Network is not working!!!!! The comic is on there, so I stuck not playing this game! Why is it EA always screws up there DLC codes? The same thing happened with Medal of Honor. I'm on hold with there Customer Service now and will update when I get off the phone. To me this is unacceptable as the code should have been working last night at midnight.

Pretty sure it just has to do with the PSN update not being up yet. Take a deep breath.

Shinjitsu said:
Pretty sure it just has to do with the PSN update not being up yet. Take a deep breath.

I'm counting to 10 and taking a deep breath, lol!

I was told by the CSR that it is a known issue and they are working on it. As far as the PSN update not being up, that is not an excuse. Just about every other game company gets this right. Anyways, the CSR was cool as hell and talked games with me while she waited for a resolution! She even offered me a coupon for the EA store!

I am just really looking forward to playing this game and I don't want to start it without playing through the comic first. Since the comic is not on the disc, I can't play it until the DLC codes work.

Edit: Damn, this coupon is for $20 dollar credit! That pretty damn nice! Thats awesome customer service right there!

cjtiger300 said:

so comic is download and not on disc?

annoying. I have like 3-5GB spare right now

cleveridea said:
so comic is download and not on disc?

annoying. I have like 3-5GB spare right now

Yeah and that makes no friggin sense. I'm more than annoyed right now because the DLC code is not working.

Shinjitsu

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
Yeah and that makes no friggin sense. I'm more than annoyed right now because the DLC code is not working.

It makes perfect sense. People buying the game used need to buy the Cerberus code in order to get the comic. Almost every EA game has something like this.

Just wait a couple hours tell the PSN update goes live, problem solved. Really it's not a big deal folks.=P

snap0212

Shinjitsu said:
It makes perfect sense. People buying the game used need to buy the Cerberus code in order to get the comic. Almost every EA game has something like this.
It's fucking bullshit, that's what it is. Mass Effect 2 is a single player game, and you shouldn't be forced to have your console connected to the internet to play all the content you've paid for. If it's a multiplayer-thing (like in Battlefield) it's okay, because every person who wants to use the "locked for 2nd hand" content has to be online anyways.

AlStrong

snap0212 said:
It's fucking bullshit, that's what it is. Mass Effect 2 is a single player game, and you shouldn't be forced to have your console connected to the internet to play all the content you've paid for. If it's a multiplayer-thing (like in Battlefield) it's okay, because every person who wants to use the "locked for 2nd hand" content has to be online anyways.

And this is a huge problem with the PS3's built-in wifi? It just sounds like you're complaining for the hell of it. Besides, how did you think you were going to access all the downloadable content anyway? :s

Mr. Sam

snap0212 said:
My Live connection can be really inconsistent. Downloading the Cerberus content was a pain and a half. I even have to wait for the Cerberus menu to load before I'm allowed to hit resume.

It's bollocks.

Shinjitsu said:

Just wait a couple hours tell the PSN update goes live, problem solved. Really it's not a big deal folks.=P

I'm sorry but it is a big deal. Every other company gets it right. I mean they have been fucking this up as long as I can remember. Seriously, I had the same issue with The Saboteur, which was the first game they did this with.

I understand why they have the codes, but have the DLC up for those who get it day one or even midnight.

Top Bottom