• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Like I said earlier, I'm seriously considering picking this up at GameStop instead of Amazon for the midnight release. I won't get my Amazon shipment until like 5 PM on Tuesday =[

Someone I know who works at a GameStop close to me says they've gotten a lot of pre-orders over the last couple weeks and so all the ones around here are doing a midnight release. Though I'm never a huge fan of shopping there.

Does Best Buy ever do midnight releases? I know they sell PC games, I wonder if they'd do one for Diablo III + Max Payne 3.
My Best Buy is doing a midnight release. That plus the $10 gift card and the first DLC pack for free is a pretty nice incentive to go with them.

This pass isn't limited time only, right? I might consider getting it, as long as the content is actually any good. Having heard some rather negative opinions about the Uncharted 3 pass, I'll wait and see.

Blutonium

Although I don't like the R* Pass pricing so far, I'm curious as to how filled these DLC packs are. Unless they really mess up, I will buy it anyway. I rather spend 120$ dollars on a game I love, than 60$ on a mediocre game.

Ever since BF3 came out, I haven't been playing anything anything else (except Max Payne 1 & 2 for a story recap, but those games are short.). I will buy its upcoming DLC packs too since those look amazing. It looks like MP3 will knock it off its throne though.

Fjordson

My Best Buy is doing a midnight release. That plus the $10 gift card and the first DLC pack for free is a pretty nice incentive to go with them.
Interesting. $10 gift card? Decisions, decisions...

This pass isn't limited time only, right? I might consider getting it, as long as the content is actually any good. Having heard some rather negative opinions about the Uncharted 3 pass, I'll wait and see.
Yeah, R* said the price is not a limited time offer, so you'll be able to try out the multiplayer first.

New York Minute is basically the game, but with a time limit right? I havent unlocked it yet during my replay of MP1 & 2 but I'm pretty sure that's what I thought it was. Going through the game in Co-Op like that would be badass, especially if you both know what you're doing. Dual bullet dodging taking out a group of henchmen? Count me in suckas.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Yea thats gay.

k5FQ9.gif

Simo

New York Minute is basically the game, but with a time limit right? I havent unlocked it yet during my replay of MP1 & 2 but I'm pretty sure that's what I thought it was. Going through the game in Co-Op like that would be badass, especially if you both know what you're doing. Dual bullet dodging taking out a group of henchmen? Count me in suckas.

We'll see you in Payne Killer mode then, that's sort of what that is where one player becomes Max and the first victim becomes your partner Passos and you're then forced to survive against 6 other opposing players. Can't wait to try that out!

Although I don't like the R* Pass pricing so far, I'm curious as to how filled these DLC packs are. Unless they really mess up, I will buy it anyway. I rather spend 120$ dollars on a game I love, than 60$ on a mediocre game.

Ever since BF3 came out, I haven't been playing anything anything else (except Max Payne 1 & 2 for a story recap, but those games are short.). I will buy its upcoming DLC packs too since those look amazing. It looks like MP3 will knock it off its throne though.

Well when you read what they posted here...
The Local Justice Map Pack, coming in June, will include the Police Precinct map for Gang Wars, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer multiplayer modes. The pack will also feature two additional maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer, new precinct-themed multiplayer avatar items, multiplayer challenges, and more.

..then the content seems pretty stacked for a map pack, I mean COD charges what? $15 for just 3 or 4 maps and thats it. Its also worth taking into consideration the Gang War addition they mentions means more storylines and narration by Max since thats one of the selling points of the mode in that they offer different perspectives of the gangs and groups Max encounters with each round narrated by Max himself.

Well you have to remember Gang Wars is this whole narrative based multiplayer thing, so the maps have to account for that right?

Simo

Well you have to remember Gang Wars is this whole narrative based multiplayer thing, so the maps have to account for that right?

Yeah exactly. It's not just going to be a case of "Oh here's the precinct map. Knock yourself out" it's going to mean more narration and voice work from McCaffrey as Max too plus we'll get more characters, avatar gear and items.

I'd imagine it would include some new Bursts and objective modes too but until Rockstar go into specifics its hard to be sure.

Simo

Little snippet of some the GTTV interviews:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTBzkvcG4t0

Also since I'll be working and won't be able to check it out or post it, today 2 fansites that were invited to Rockstar Games in New York to play the game last weekend will have their own previews and exclusive screenshots up at 12pm EST. Here's the post from PayneReactor talking about what to expect:
http://www.paynereactor.com/home
After days of hard work, Kristian and I just wrapped up a whopping 6 pages for the article about our venture to New York City and the hands-on time with Max Payne 3. We don't want this occasion to go unnoticed and to celebrate it all, we also threw in a hefty visual upgrade! At noon EST / 5PM GMT this post will be updated with the links to our article and the exclusive screenshots. Not much later, all screenshots (and a few more) will be added to our gallery. A good reason to keep coming back during the day! We hope you all enjoy reading the preview and if so, please leave a comment below!

Another site, PayneKillers, will have their hands-on preview up at the same time.

Blutonium

Since I'm on a self induced media block, I want to ask if anyone has read anything about Dead Man Walking returning?

A survival mode with bullet time, Euphoria and lots of gore... This better be in Max Payne 3 dangit!

TxdoHawk

I hate to be that guy...but we pretty much have no info on the competency of the PC version at this point, right? I am building a new rig this weekend and wondering if I should wait for that version, or just grab a 360 copy.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hate to be that guy...but we pretty much have no info on the competency of the PC version at this point, right? I am building a new rig this weekend and wondering if I should wait for that version, or just grab a 360 copy.

Look, even as a mess of a port by most standards, GTA4 on PC was still massively better than the console release.

iNvid02

you should get 16gb ram, for real

Go to Origin PC and build a top of the line computer. That is what was running it flawlessly at PAX. You know, around a $4000 rig just to play it safe.....Hahahaha!!

BTW, I just saw this. http://youtu.be/2JHpJLkOIgg Looks dope!

Thee goddamn dream sequences with the tightrope walking.

Why did they think this was a good idea.

God knows, but thank goodness we have quicksaves. I hope MP3 incorporates dream sequences that are more along the lines of MP2s, but who knows. It could be a mishmash of brief platforming mixed with hallucinations.

Just posted in the MP3 Commercial thread, this is HEALTH's John Famiglietti on scoring the soundtrack:

‘We would create a lot of music and then have the stems broken up – different types of music for different types of shootouts and levels of action – and they would have to be able to stack on top of each other so it could loop and play indefinitely. And it has to stay in the correct mood. Plus, there’s super-loud gunfire happening over the music at all times, so it has to work with that. And you have to keep in mind that, in real life, someone’s gonna be playing these levels for a fucking hour-and-a-half at a time. It was pretty challenging.’

Some soundtrack details

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...etails-official-album-featuring-music-by.html

Single Tears (from commercial) is out on the 15th. Full soundtrack on the 23rd.

The music from the nightclub scene will be a free download apparently.

CAN'T WAIT.

tumblr_lezpu3GJ5l1qcoehj.gif

Sounds awesome.

The fan site previews Simo was talking about are now up.

PayneReactor's and Payne Killer's hands-on previews are here:

http://www.paynekillers.com/news/1283/max-payne-3-fansite-eventhands-on-review/

http://www.paynereactor.com/home/news/146-paynreactor-s-hands-on-preview

I'm about to read them myself, I just saw that they were up.

zkylon

zkylewd
God knows, but thank goodness we have quicksaves. I hope MP3 incorporates dream sequences that are more along the lines of MP2s, but who knows. It could be a mishmash of brief platforming mixed with hallucinations.
I haven't played it yet, but I don't think the game even has a jumping button.

Considering I'm playing through Max's second dream in Max Payne 1, I hope there isn't a jump button if it inspires them to make levels like this.

:mad:

Top Bottom