• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

More new shots from PayneReactor:

page3-01.jpg

page3-02.jpg

page3-03.jpg

page4-02.jpg

page6-01.jpg

page6-02.jpg

That second one just screams for a caption.

Quoting it since we jumped to a new page.

I keep trying to push through in this dream and I can honestly say...I can't do it.

Time for a break.

Glad to hear the impressions on Max Payne 3 though.

I keep trying to push through in this dream and I can honestly say...I can't do it.

Time for a break.

Glad to hear the impressions on Max Payne 3 though.

Are you going in blindly with no direction on where to go? You could always consult a guide or just YT it. I know it's frustrating, but I went to a guide immediatley for my replay. It had been years since I had played last and I needed to keep the flow going.

Are you going in blindly with no direction on where to go? You could always consult a guide or just YT it. I know it's frustrating, but I went to a guide immediatley for my replay. It had been years since I had played last and I needed to keep the flow going.

Well I'm on the one where you have to jump to get to new platforms in order to continue, and I keep slipping and completely missing jumps.

I just need a break is all, but all I wanted to do was shoot people...is that too much to ask?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I couldn't be more hyped for this game.

Damn you PC version!

Dude, that article...

As my killing spree continued, the gameplay was sometimes intervened by cutscenes. This happened seamless without loading times and was so well executed, that I sometimes was caught off guard unknowingly that gameplay had started. Because I was admiring the game so much, I totally forgot searching for ammo and painkillers. I died quite a few times because of this, but I didn't care. I could play the same section a hundred times more. I could not get enough of it.

oh.my.god.

kaskade

Dude, that article...

As my killing spree continued, the gameplay was sometimes intervened by cutscenes. This happened seamless without loading times and was so well executed, that I sometimes was caught off guard unknowingly that gameplay had started. Because I was admiring the game so much, I totally forgot searching for ammo and painkillers. I died quite a few times because of this, but I didn't care. I could play the same section a hundred times more. I could not get enough of it.

oh.my.god.

Hell yes. From the beginning I felt like this game could be one of those that you can just play over and over because the mechanics are so solid.

I loved that style of going right from cutscene to gameplay. In the design doc they show that scene where he is talking in the office then opens the door and starts blasting fools. For whatever reason it stuck with me. Even though the wait is shorter it's feeling longer.

Hell yes. From the beginning I felt like this game could be one of those that you can just play over and over because the mechanics are so solid.

I loved that style of going right from cutscene to gameplay. In the design doc they show that scene where he is talking in the office then opens the door and starts blasting fools. For whatever reason it stuck with me. Even though the wait is shorter it's feeling longer.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. That scene stuck with me too. Perfectly seamless. The wait is killing me.

Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke_911

That's a pretty cool location.

page2-01.jpg

DAT PC VERSION
page2-02.jpg

page5-01.jpg

page5-04.jpg

page5-05.jpg

One pic is fucked up.

Sn4ke_911

Please remove the fucking Name-tags over the players heads R* !!!

Fjordson

Damn, wish the OST was out on the 15th but oh well.

One of those previews said that weather is different sometimes on certain maps, like the one they played twice had snow the second time. Kind of a nice touch.

Sn4ke_911

One of those previews said that weather is different sometimes on certain maps, like the one they played twice had snow the second time. Kind of a nice touch.

I haven't read the previews yet but im a sucker for good weather effects. (RDR says Hi)I don't know if that's possible but that made me even more hyped.

Simo

GTTV Presents - Story

What a fine gentleman.

44444uhenv.png

McCaffrey speaks!

Just got home from work...Awesome updates. Off to read the new previews and those screenshots look great. Good to hear more on the soundtrack and since I'll be getting the Special Edition I get it for free anyways.

So tomorrow we've got the first issue of the comic, the second Multiplayer video and the GTTV special!

McCaffrey speaks!

Just got home from work...Awesome updates. Off to read the new previews and those screenshots look great. Good to hear more on the soundtrack and since I'll be getting the Special Edition I get it for free anyways.

So tomorrow we've got the first issue of the comic, the second Multiplayer video and the GTTV special!

65447443.gif

McCaffrey speaks!

Hot shit. I'm all over the comic and vid. I won't be watching the GTTV special though after what you guys were saying happened spoiler-wise when they previewed GoW3

Simo

Hot shit. I'm all over the comic and vid. I won't be watching the GTTV special though after what you guys were saying happened spoiler-wise when they previewed GoW3

Rockstar are saying they've taken extra steps to ensure that much of the game's single player hasn't been spoilt or dealt with, especially with the GTTV special. Either way though I'm sure those who watch it will give the heads up on how spoilerific it is.

Also I haven't done a search on the multiplayer vid to see if a topic was made but this is what Rockstar posted:
actual_1335898730.jpg

Coming tomorrow, Thursday, May 3rd at noon Eastern, the second in our special two-part video series unveiling Max Payne 3 Multiplayer in action - with a deeper look at Bullet Time® online, persistent Multiplayer Crews, powerful Burst abilities and more.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Same here. They've showed so little of the game but I don't need to see more. I'd rather take it all in when I get the game.

This is great. I've been wanting for games to do that for so long. It's such a simple thing that keeps a map fresh.

Fjordson

Yeah, I like that. Sounds small on paper, but like you said it keeps maps fresh.

Also, one of the previews said they got to talk to the multiplayer lead designer and he said he was also the multiplayer lead on Red Dead Redemption. Always interests me to see how R* has certain guys on all of their games, despite using different studios.

-BLITZ-

DAT PC VERSION

PC version indeed, but what I do I see in the right screen is Max model from the first game with the old jacket ? Multiplayer ?

And I'm glad they put up couple of PC version for the fans of keyboard and mouse, like me. Max Payne PC, baby.

Blutonium

PC version indeed, but what I do I see in the right screen is Max model from the first game with the old jacket ? Multiplayer ?

It's the club scene, so Max should wear a grey suit. The multiplayer also has a minimap on the HUD. But, MP3 does have an old character pack as a pre order bonus.

dreamfall

SO MANY GREAT ANNOUNCEMENTS TOMORROW! So excited to see more Multiplayer action, so happy about the Soundtrack cover, so ecstatic to hear McCaffrey/Barrera/Nelson speak on the game and SO HYPED ABOUT THE GRAPHIC NOVEL!

MY GOODNESS! Does it get much better?! Building a new rig for Max, I'm excited PAYN3 GAF!

I am so playing as Mona in multiplayer! GAH!

Top Bottom