• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

Gacha-pin

atikua.gif
This shooter might be damaged when he lands on the ground :eek:

GTTV Special is tonight! Also, the first issue of the comic is also supposed to come out today.

Edit: Never mind about the comic book, it's coming out tomorrow morning. R* Newswire says it's delayed.

dreamfall

Sad about the comic delay! Alas, tomorrow it is- and GTTV tonight?! Does it get much better?

EDIT: Shoutout to Jeronimo Barrera's awesome tattoos!

Lingxor

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm glad that the field of view isn't obnoxiously narrow like in most 3rd person games.

Blutonium

I love how frantic the multi looks. GTA IV and RDR's stale multiplayer bored me a bit, which is a shame because Euphoria can create such jaw dropping moments.

All these explosions, character physics and particles...so good.

Simo

Fucking busy and long day at work and now to come home to the new video=bliss. Of course the download is running ass slow for some reason but those gifs are helping!

I'm not really liking how every gun battle seems to be a blindfire 2-3 bullet kill and/or burst "slow mo" kill. MP looks all flash.

It's not "blindfire" (which is technically firing blindly from in cover) from the hip in the same way Gears character literally shoot from a normal stance, it just doesn't rely on hard aiming all the time. This is Max Payne gameplay. Run + gun fast paced John Woo shootouts. The guns look deadly, and headshots aplenty.

zkylon

zkylewd
By the way, video seemed to show actual jumping (i.e. not diving), though it seemed like it was a contextual thing.

Simo

Just now had a chance to watch the video (don't ask) and holy crap...I think I'm going to dive into multi first when I get it at midnight.

Gang Wars and Payne Killer look sweet as hell and I assumed McCaffrey as Max narrated the beginning and intervals of rounds not actually during the game for specific actions. Nice!

There's a whole bunch more of previews from the fansite event now online but this one from Team Xbox caught my eye especially this part...
My favorite, and one that caused me to pause the game and double-check with the Rockstar rep sitting with me at the time to make sure it had just happened, was when I got the drop on an enemy and while he was swinging his arm around to point his pistol at me, I shot his hand. The bullet went through the back of his hand, came out the palm, and hit the gun, knocking it out of his hand. He then grabbed his wounded hand with his other as he spun around to the ground, hitting his shoulder very hard on the concrete.

Whoa.
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2648/Max-Payne-3/p1/

Can't wait for the GTTV special tonight!!! Decided to throw these together for whoever wants 'em.
local-justice.png
max1.png

Simo

When does GTTV episodes get added to the site? Is it usually shortly after it airs? I'm really tempted to watch it man

Last week it was like an hour after it aired so hopefully it'll be the same tonight. I just saw this on twitter though:
@geoffkeighley
Tonight we have an awesome GTTV on Max Payne 3 at a special time - 12:30. Exclusive footage from The Nightclub level. Don't miss it on Spike!

Nightclub chapter confirmed then!

Endo Punk

Im surprised there are not many prominent TPS games. I can only really think of two; Uncharted and Gears. It's great after 10 years Max Payne is making a comeback and I say that as a non-fan. Played the previous titles very casually but this one looks so good; Character models, the rawness and setting have won me over.

Bring on the Payne.
sorry

I'll live up to my username right now (once again) and say that this game will, in the long run most likely be considered the best, if not one of the TOP cinematic third person shooters for this generation.

Top Bottom