• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milabrega

Even more MM4 inspirations in the new Trailer notably Toad Man's Stage and Ring Man's. Yeah 6 was great, a bit easy but the Robot Master designs were great. Plant Man's stage was one of the toughest in the classic series. Rush power suits were a cool concept. Alternative paths were a bit meh, would have been better if the Beat fights were tougher. Still think MM3's Shadow Master stages were the best deviation from the formula for a single title followed by 4's second Castle. Ocremix has a MM6 project done by this Vurez guy. Fortress of the Knight song is badass, one of my favorite Mega Man mixes of all time.

NimbusD

Am I the only one hoping MegaMan 11 has co cop a la NSMB? That would be badass, that's what I thought I was going to see when Proto Man showed up in the trailer.

ZAK

NimbusD said:
Am I the only one hoping MegaMan 11 has co cop a la NSMB? That would be badass, that's what I thought I was going to see when Proto Man showed up in the trailer.
Haha, I thought about this too recently. It sounded like a cool idea, but I didn't actually put any thought into it, so maybe it's also retarded.

Nabs

NimbusD said:

there's a two-player rumor for mm10

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Would be awesome to have special 2 player bosses. Working together to defeat them.

1p Megaman
2p Protoman

If they really wanted to go crazy they could take megaman in a New super mario bros wii direction and have 4 player crazyness.

KevinCow

Banned
They should have a two (or more) player vs. mode. Jump around in a one screen room and shoot at each other with the buster, and occasionally other weapons will appear as power-ups with limited ammo.

I seem to remember them having something like this as a secret in one of the NES games, but I can't find evidence of it anywhere on the internet so maybe I'm just crazy.

McNum

KevinCow said:
They should have a two (or more) player vs. mode. Jump around in a one screen room and shoot at each other with the buster, and occasionally other weapons will appear as power-ups with limited ammo.

I seem to remember them having something like this as a secret in one of the NES games, but I can't find evidence of it anywhere on the internet so maybe I'm just crazy.

There was a secret VS mode in Megaman 7 on the SNES, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Dr. Chaos

Banned
Nabs said:
there's a two-player rumor for mm10
Yeah, the guy that posted that got alot surprisingly right, right down to
Roll getting infected
and the name of the virus.

Which is great becuase I'm really banking on his prediction that Bass has made it in as a playable character.

ZAK

What the fuck? This crazy, baseless speculation has a chance of being right?

Cooperative mode: Team up to save the robots! 400 Nintendo Points

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Milabrega

I know I keep hammering on about MM4 similarities, but this just screams Cossack design:

2mru0dt.jpg

I'm still hoping the there are Shadow Master stages with the bosses from Mega Man 9.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Arpharmd B said:
Go back and play them.

Megaman 1 controls are bad. He takes a little bit of time to stop moving once he's moving. "Ice Shoes". In Megaman 3 and onward he stops on a dime.

In Megaman 2 they slightly improved the MM1 controls, but he still doesn't stop on a dime.
You sure about this? 'Cause I don't remember this at all outside of Ice Man's stage.

Echoes

Sixfortyfive said:
You sure about this? 'Cause I don't remember this at all outside of Ice Man's stage.
Yesterday I was playing Mega Man 2 and I noticed this. When you "tap" forward, sometimes the sprite doesn't move the one-pixel you want. In MM9, each tap results in a one-pixel movement.

Saw the video for Sheep Man stage, awesome. Glad he wanna make more 8-bit Mega Mans, glad that he wanna do Powered Up 2 (wasn't a fan but hey why not) and SO glad he's considering MMX9. Not a fan of the X series but Mega Man X was such a fucking fantastic title.

okno

Sixfortyfive said:

Go back and play them, it's very obvious. The controls are the reason, other than the superior Robot Masters, that 3 and 5 are my favorite MM games. I love 1 and 2, but the two lead to a lot of frustrations because of the controls, but I had more problems with it in 2 than I did in 1.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Wow! Looks amazing. I definitely see and hear a Mega Man 5 influence.

So did he really say that both Powered Up 2 and X9 will eventually happen? So awesome if true. Though I do wish we were at Powered Up 4 by now. It should have been yearly. :[

Is the English trailer on YouTube yet?

CcrooK said:
I wonder if this flu has anything to do with a particular "Maverick" virus. :D
Either Dr. Wily created it or it gives him the inspiration to make the "Maverick" virus.

Edit: Holy crap, I have a tag.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CcrooK said:
I wonder if this flu has anything to do with a particular "Maverick" virus. :D

Wasnt the Maverick virus contained in
Zero. And when Sigma defeated him thats when he got it?

Foffy

Banned
CB3 said:
Wasnt the Maverick virus contained in
Zero. And when Sigma defeated him thats when he got it?

Zero is the only robot from the Classic series shown in X. Maybe he's one of the final robots from that era to have been infected, and because he was kept in stasis, he wasn't purified of it?

This is all under the idea that Wily made Robotenza.

Red Scarlet

Ok, I have a chance to play this game over the weekend. I have beaten 1 or 2 bosses...but I don't remember which. I think it was Gravity? Man or something and Cement Man and possibly the lady robot. Who should I fight first?

I mean, that was a huge awesomeness the first time playing the old MM game; eventually finding what to use on what boss, but I'm not sure who to fight. Plus, what is worth buying? I know I can get however many thingies I want on the lady robot level, but some of the crap seems dumb, like the helmetless Mega Man that lasts for one life only.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Red Scarlet said:
Ok, I have a chance to play this game over the weekend. I have beaten 1 or 2 bosses...but I don't remember which. I think it was Gravity? Man or something and Cement Man and possibly the lady robot. Who should I fight first?

I mean, that was a huge awesomeness the first time playing the old MM game; eventually finding what to use on what boss, but I'm not sure who to fight. Plus, what is worth buying? I know I can get however many thingies I want on the lady robot level, but some of the crap seems dumb, like the helmetless Mega Man that lasts for one life only.
Wait, did you play Mega Man 9 or did you get a chance to play a preview build of Mega Man 10?

Red Scarlet

? I played 9 for about an hour and beat the cement guy and some space guy and maybe the water lady. But I don't know who to fight next.

I mean, yeah, I've played and beat 10 already. Yeah.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Red Scarlet said:
? I played 9 for about an hour and beat the cement guy and some space guy and maybe the water lady. But I don't know who to fight next.

I mean, yeah, I've played and beat 10 already. Yeah.
I think the next one is Jewel Man after those 3.

I thought you were talking about Mega Man 9, but you said this game in the Mega Man 10 thread. :p

Sixfortyfive

Red Scarlet said:

The "correct" order for MM9:

1) Splash Woman
2) Concrete Man
3) Galaxy Man
4) Jewel Man
5) Plug Man
6) Tornado Man
7) Magma Man
8) Hornet Man

Splash Woman is weaker against the buster than any other robot, and the list follows the weakness order from there. Galaxy Man is still the easiest stage and boss to beat though, so most people start with him.

You should definitely clear out Splash Woman and Jewel Man's stages early, as their weapons are by far the most useful for most situations. Jewel Man's stage is one of the harder ones to clear. Buying some spike guards would probably help there.

The energy balancer is probably my favorite item just because it cuts down on some weapon-switching tedium. E-tanks and the 1/2 damage reducer are probably the best for making the game easier, though.

Red Scarlet

People have been talking about 9 in the thread though!

Ok I think I beat Jewel Man then Concrete Man and just built up screws or nuts or whatever on Splash Woman's level.

Once you get the jewel shield and laser trident, shit is on.

I think plug mans stage is something like this. Activate shield. Walk. Block puzzles. You win.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Foffy said:
Zero is the only robot from the Classic series shown in X. Maybe he's one of the final robots from that era to have been infected, and because he was kept in stasis, he wasn't purified of it?

This is all under the idea that Wily made Robotenza.

i thought Sigma crushed that crystal on zeros head and thats what infected him, ,and thats how he infected the rest of the reploids. and that basically cured zero

Enk

makes good threads.
magicalsoundshower said:
Wait a sec, if the "infected robots turn evil and try to take over the world" and Roll got infected, does that mean Roll is a boss in this game? o_O

Roll Man?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Milabrega said:
I know I keep hammering on about MM4 similarities, but this just screams Cossack design:

2mru0dt.jpg

I'm still hoping the there are Shadow Master stages with the bosses from Mega Man 9.

It feels more like a MM5 Proto Man castle design to me. But yeah, it does reminds me of Cossack a bit.

A new 8-Bit Mega Man, in the 4-5-6 style?

Best Game Ever

Milabrega

I think the environments look pretty decent. Jury is still out on the sports one. Only two that are a bit disappointing from what we've seen of them so far is the purple one with the truck/MM6 exploding platforms and the Sandstorm stage. Blade Man's stage looks very Knight/Tomahawkish.

upandaway

magicalsoundshower said:
Wait a sec, if the "infected robots turn evil and try to take over the world" and Roll got infected, does that mean Roll is a boss in this game? o_O
Could be MM9 plot only replace "about to be torn apart" with "got sick". Wily convinced them or something. Then Roll's free.

jarosh

omfg mega man 9 is fucking unplayable on the 360. i just bought it because my wii is pretty much broken, i have lots of cheap ms points and i wanted to play through it again anyway. the controls are unbearably laggy and unresponsive and the 360 controller's horrible dpad makes it even worse. i thought i was going nuts for a while; i'd remembered mm9 as one of the easier games in the series and all of a sudden it was giving me so much trouble. i had a really hard time getting the mega buster only achievement. i was almost ready to declare that my skills had somehow rapidly devolved within a matter of months... it took me 4 painful hours to complete the game. 4 fucking hours.

so i booted up my barely working wii and started the wii version of mm9. i beat 4 stages and their respective robot masters without dying once, beat galaxy man's stage and boss without getting hit once - all in a matter of minutes. holy fuck. the controls are like night and day. i looked at my old save files and noticed that my very FIRST playthrough of mm9 (after i had not played classic mega man games in a long time) took me under 2 hours. less than half the time it took me to finish it now on the 360. i know i'd finish it in under an hour on the wii now as i've been blasting through the rest in the series after i'd brushed up my skills a while ago.

so basically, what i'm getting at is: how do some of you guys who've been playing it on the 360 cope with the god awful controls? different controller? wired controllers? controller converters? any insight and advice would be appreciated. i'd love to be able to keep playing the game on the 360 and to also eventually get mm10 on the 360 but i'm not gonna do that if it means that i'll have to stick with this abominable controller and the maddening input lag.

Sixfortyfive

jarosh said:
omfg mega man 9 is fucking unplayable on the 360. i just bought it because my wii is pretty much broken, i have lots of cheap ms points and i wanted to play through it again anyway. the controls are unbearably laggy and unresponsive and the 360 controller's horrible dpad makes it even worse. i thought i was going nuts for a while; i'd remembered mm9 as one of the easier games in the series and all of a sudden it was giving me so much trouble. i had a really hard time getting the mega buster only achievement. i was almost ready to declare that my skills had somehow rapidly devolved within a matter of months... it took me 4 painful hours to complete the game. 4 fucking hours.

so i booted up my barely working wii and started the wii version of mm9. i beat 4 stages and their respective robot masters without dying once, beat galaxy man's stage and boss without getting hit once - all in a matter of minutes. holy fuck. the controls are like night and day. i looked at my old save files and noticed that my very FIRST playthrough of mm9 (after i had not played classic mega man games in a long time) took me under 2 hours. less than half the time it took me to finish it now on the 360. i know i'd finish it in under an hour on the wii now as i've been blasting through the rest in the series after i'd brushed up my skills a while ago.

so basically, what i'm getting at is: how do some of you guys who've been playing it on the 360 cope with the god awful controls? different controller? wired controllers? controller converters? any insight and advice would be appreciated. i'd love to be able to keep playing the game on the 360 and to also eventually get mm10 on the 360 but i'm not gonna do that if it means that i'll have to stick with this abominable controller and the maddening input lag.
Input lag probably has something to do with your TV/console settings. I'm thinking HD upscaling or something along those lines. Either that or it's a problem specific to the 360 version of MM9.

Can't help you as far as shit controls go. The SFIV fightpad is fine for fighting game motions, but its d-pad floats so high above the contacts that it probably still doesn't have the immediate response time you'd be getting from the Wii or PS3.

Krelian

jarosh said:
Simple: they're not god awful. At least not to me. I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions and didn't notice much difference in terms of control. I had no problem whatsoever playing the game using my standard Xbox 360 controller.

Maybe the Wii version does have better controls, but since I don't have a problem with the other console versions I don't really care.

Bizzyb

Banned
beelzebozo said:
now if only nintendo would release a new ZELDA and METROID on wiiware with this mindset]

It would only be a waste of time and money. Zelda is a franchise that need to Evolve in some way with every iteration, not devolve. I get the orgasms veteran Mega-man fans are having over these retro releases but it just does not work for every franchise, esp Zelda or Metroid.

jarosh said:

They're fine for me. I also use the analog stick.

Bizzyb said:
It would only be a waste of time and money. Zelda is a franchise that need to Evolve in some way with every iteration, not devolve. I get the orgasms veteran Mega-man fans are having over these retro releases but it just does not work for every franchise, esp Zelda or Metroid.

I would *LOVE* a throwback Zelda title.

I haven't bought a new Zelda game in a few years - I outgrew the franchise...or more accurately, the franchise out grew me.

But if they ever did a new Zelda 1-styled game?

Oh baby...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
jarosh said:

I own the game on both Wii and 360 too, and while I haven't finished it on 360, I still don't see any difference in control between the two versions. Other than the Wiimote is obviously a better match for this game.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Krelian said:
Simple: they're not god awful. At least not to me. I've played both the 360 and PS3 versions and didn't notice much difference in terms of control. I had no problem whatsoever playing the game using my standard Xbox 360 controller.

Maybe the Wii version does have better controls, but since I don't have a problem with the other console versions I don't really care.
Could I have the name of the game from your avatar?

2dpgs0.jpg

jarosh said:

Yeah the Xbox controler suck ass for Megaman. The dpad is horrible and the analog stick isn't as great as a good dpad. It still work but it's just a source of frustration. Your best luck would be to buy a cheap third party controller with a nice dpad. Or maybe a dual shock adapter if you have one. I used to play the NES Megaman with an arcade stick a few years ago, if you have one, you should definitely give it a try. MM works great with those things. Or wait for NATAL and play it by waving your arms around :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom