• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueWord

ismaboof said:
A true MMX4 would blow me away

A "true" MMX4? MMX4 was pretty much the successor to the previous games, except for some pretty forgettable bosses.

If anything, I'd be asking for a true MMX5.

jett

D-Member
Ehh...I hope it's not as creatively defunct as MM9. Graphically it still looks worse than MM3, it seems.

I like the idea of this trend....although it doesn't help with Mega Man for me personally. I didn't have a chance in hell of beating 9 and I probably won't bother with 10.

sorry to be a downer, I know these threads are normally circle jerks

Apparently, aside from the Blue Bomber and Proto Man there's going to be a third playable character this time around but I have no clue who the heck it might be. Maybe Roll?

Mithos

TheCardPlayer said:
Seriously all you 16-bit'ers, got owned hard. Mega Man is 8-bit! FFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCK YES!

;P

Would have wanted 640x480 widescreen in 16bit style myself so.... ;p

BTW!!
Source on your avatar?

Azure J

$5 says that before the night's over someone will post that they hate the fact that Megaman 10 is 8 bit again--

GOD DAMNIT :lol

Meanwhile, holy fuck Capcom. I am stunned. Never in my lifetime would I ever think that Megaman 10 would become a reality outside of the setup for the Megaman X is Megaman 10 joke. Will buy.

This shit better be funding Legends 3 directly Inafune. *glares*

Peff

Some details from the article:

- Three playable heroes: Mega Man, Proto Man (from the get-go) and another unrevealed character.
- A vertical lava level.
- Sheep Man gives you the Thunder Wool weapon.
- A computer-themed stage with disappearing blocks :D

I want it as soon as possible ;_;

Ranger X

This is absolutely genuine for the retro scene!

...but I will not bother if there's no difficulty levels. Megaman 9 was quite amazingly hard for me and it's not like when I was 10 years old, I don't have countless hours to devote practicing. All the while it's so easy to have difficulty levels in such retro game...

"Mega Man's "brother" Proto Man is ready to lend a hand"

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!! FUCKING YES!!!!! This is what I was going to ask for! Proto Man is flat out the best Mega Man character (FUCK Zero :lol ) and I was hoping that they wouldn't make him DLC again. They better give him levels that play his background music. Whistle for the win.

magicalsoundshower said:
Apparently, aside from the Blue Bomber and Proto Man there's going to be a third playable character this time around but I have no clue who the heck it might be. Maybe Roll?

Dr. Light in a power suit. He should flail with panic whenever he makes a jump. :lol

Kifimbo

Ranger X said:

...but I will not bother if there's no difficulty levels. Megaman 9 was quite amazingly hard for me and it's not like when I was 10 years old, I don't have countless hours to devote practicing. All the while it's so easy to have difficulty levels in such retro game...

There will be an Easy mode.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
and so, it begins.

This is how Capcom grabs a hold of your dicks, people. Years later you realize you've grown weary of rehashes bathed in waters we know as "8-bit" throwbacks, and then want to bitch about it.

It starts with this. Watch this shit turn into fucking Megaman Battle Network.

Watch.

Ranger X said:

It has an easy mode.

However, MM9 included that shop and the ability to save after ever level with all of your items. If you used the shop regularly, MM9 had the potential to be too easy.

Ardorx

Banned
I still wish current mega man games took on a style akin to the lost technology map seen in Lost Planet.

Awesome! While this doesn't exactly have the same feel as Mega Man 9 did when it was announced, the more classic Mega Man the better.

There was mention of an easy mode, but I hope that the normal mode is just as tough as Mega Man 9.

And it's nice of Capcom not to withhold Protoman as DLC, though I completely expect to see some other form of DLC.

EDIT: Also, the third character is probably Roll.

lyre

Dragona Akehi said:
You're going to buy it and play it and enjoy it, just like Megaman 9.

I KNOW YOU
Yeah, but that won't stop me from hating it from being yet another pandering to the people who miss the MM2 days gone by.

But here's to a DSi or PSP version; in the least, I'll be able to put more time into the game since I'll be able to take it to the jon.

ninj4junpei said:
Hopefully Inti Creates has been at least working on another DS Mega Man game.
HA, doubtful. And even if they did, they'll fuck it up like they did with ZX and ZXA.

Azure J

udivision said:
"After a hard 3 weeks of work, we at Capcom are eager to announce our latest Megaman."

:lol

Cold blooded. :lol

Also, someone started the music discussion already? The songs to beat from Megaman 9 are Flash In The Dark (Wily Stage 1) or Strange World (Wily Stage 3). For those of us privileged enough to own or hear the Chiptune Rockman album from TGS, then the songs to beat are the Bubbleman Stage mix or the Oilman & Timeman Stage Mixes.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. Man, am I in need of some new Mega Man-music :D

Harpuia

_leech_ said:
Is Capcom ever going to properly connect Megaman with the X series? Maybe 10 will.

I really want this too. Though I think this will never happen in order to make more games such as this. :(

B.K.

I wonder if it's a real Mega Man 10 or just a port of that cellphone game they announced a few days ago.

lyre said:
Yeah, but that won't stop me from hating it from being yet another pandering to the people who miss the MM2 days gone by.

But here's to a DSi or PSP version; in the least, I'll be able to put more time into the game since I'll be able to take it to the jon.

HA, doubtful. And even if they did, they'll fuck it up like they did with ZX and ZXA.

You sure played the crap out of a game you "hate" for "pandering".

lyre

Happy Phantom said:
Mr. Negativity
He brings up a good point. Now I wonder which older game's music will this one recycle. Hopefully it's 3 or 6 cause they already used 2 in 9.

Dragona Akehi said:
You sure played the crap out of a game you "hate" for "pandering".
What can I say? I'm a diehard MM fan that prefers a game series to push the game forward rather than pander to olden days that should have been long forgotten. Artificially increasing boss difficulty by only giving you single shots is not progress.

Davey Cakes

I'm on board with this. I loved MM9 with every inch of my being.

Obviously some folks will say that Capcom, by putting out yet another MM game like this, are lessening the impact that MM9 had on the 8-bit revival, considering how unique and nearly far fetched the game and its announcement seemed to be in today's world of games.

But, whatever. I'm glad to eat this stuff up because I absolutely adore Mega Man.

DR2K

Banned
I don't get how people are excited about dated visuals. You can still have classic game play and not look like shit. It's possible.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mega Man 10

ariel2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom