• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mega-man-x-2-wii_027.jpg

mega-man-x-2-wii_026.jpg

it's a round metallic blade

it shoots through walls

it can be shot in eight directions

*breathes slowly*

YES THE BEST WEAPON OF ALL TIME IS BACK

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MM9 is the only MM I've played. I look forward to this, I loved MM9.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pandoracell said:
:( that month long wait is gonna be tough. Even though I COULD buy it on the Wii, I bought MM9 for the 360, so I gotta keep things consistent :p.

Do it for better controls and your sanity.

Unless you love yourself some 'cheivements. :lol

Sanic

Yeah, dunno what I was thinking buying it on the 360. Probably the desire for achievements at the time (of which I got 0 out of MM9 :lol. Gonna get 5 soon!). I'm actually gonna buy a Street Fighter 4 pad just to play MM10.

Davey Cakes

I'm getting it for Wii, just like I did with MM9. Not just for consistency purposes, though. Something just feels "right" about playing it on Wii. It's probably because a) the emulation of 8-bit is just a tad bit better than it is on the X360 and b) I just love using the sideways Wiimote. That, and Mega Man will always be tied to Nintendo for me, likely due to the fact that the best MM games (and my favorite ones, to boot) have all been on Nintendo systems, with only a select few exceptions.

Tain

Do it for better controls and your sanity.

Wiimote can't hold up to Sanwa, son.

My roommate getting the Wii version unquestionably on day one means I'll probably wind up just playing it there anyway. And I still have MM4-6 to go through!

Man, the Wii version would easily be king if they included an honest to god 240p option. It's the only one of the consoles that could do it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TunaLover said:
Well, that's a massive gap for a downloadable game, poor 360 :lol

360 already solid booked their March. I'm pretty sure finally having PD XBLA will more than make up for it.

I am so butthurt over the March 31st date. Probably going to double dip now so I can play it earlier and still 200 it afterward. :\

Man God

Non-Canon Member
iconoclast said:
I am so butthurt over the March 31st date. Probably going to double dip now so I can play it earlier and still 200 it afterward. :\

It's only ten bucks and if you buy the it on Wiiware you'll get the superior version! Win/win! :lol

All you people saying "Wii superior res!" can go fly a kite. It looks just fine on 360 and PS3. Especially if you're using an HDTV.

oracrest

EmCeeGramr said:
it's a round metallic blade

it shoots through walls

it can be shot in eight directions

*breathes slowly*

YES THE BEST WEAPON OF ALL TIME IS BACK

Indeed. I always go straight for Metal Man when I load 2 up.

Mike M

Nick N
As much as I love (LOVE) MM2 and the Metal Blade (Use it more often than the mega buster), I'm actually a bit disappointed that they apparently brought it back. At least give it a more differentiated look...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
OH FUCK WHEEL CUTTER ONLY FOLLOWS THE OUTLINE OF THE STAGE, ITS NOT METAL BLADE FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TheCardPlayer said:
OH FUCK WHEEL CUTTER ONLY FOLLOWS THE OUTLINE OF THE STAGE, ITS NOT METAL BLADE FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That's what I always figured.

And anyway, Metal Blade was neat and all but.....yeah, kind of a game-breaker :lol

Wizpig

leroidys said:
I can't decide whether to get this for ps3 for trophies or wii for superior resolution.
Superior resolution when talking about the Wii is :lol :lol
But in this specific case it's SO true. ;)

What I mean is I bought MM9 on the Wii, 480p, put my TV in 4:3 etc.
Then I tried MM9 Demo on the 360, 720p, and the graphics were awful compared to the Wii.

Tain

All you people saying "Wii superior res!" can go fly a kite. It looks just fine on 360 and PS3. Especially if you're using an HDTV.

As it stands, it's all upscaled BS regardless, so yeah.

come on capcom. if VC and homebrew emulators can do it, you can throw in the option!

NIN90

nincompoop said:
Better graphics + Better controls = Better game

Better graphics? Really? So the other versions look slightly less 8-bity? Or do they have worse 8-bit graphics?

MM9 controls fine with a 360 pad. I guess it works on a PS3 too.

Kid Marin

NIN90 said:
Better graphics? Really? So the other versions look slightly less 8-bity? Or do they have worse 8-bit graphics?
I don't know about MM10, but MM9 XLA/PSN doesn't look as crisp (blurry filter ?) as MM9 WW.

TheCardPlayer

Holy gameplay videos Batman!

http://wii.ign.com/objects/054/054796.html

Wow, the game sure looks 8-bit but it sure doesn't act like one. Seeing the game in action is amazing. MM9 was a literal NES title while this is far more complex than it's predesessor. I am certain that this wouldn't run on an NES. Far too much shit goes on in these levels.

Stage Start there is insanely great and I love how the Robot Masters animate and jump out when you select theme. Oh and Pump Man's theme is so fucking good. Like...wow.

My Game Of The Year right there.

ismaboof

I still haven't beaten MM9 (Fuck you final Wily Boss). I feel a need to beat it before I buy MM10, but I deep down know that won't happen without a commitment. :(

Those videos have amazing music.

I like it, so far. Looks kind of "out-there" in an imaginative way, which I like.

I can't wait for this game even more! Are they releasing soundtracks for this game, like they did with Megaman 9, and a re-arranged one, like they did with just about every Megaman?

Edit: The music doesn't sound like Megmaaman or Capcom NES music, at least not as much as Megaman 9. I don't have a problem with that, considering that I like the music, though.

TheCardPlayer

Why would you do that? said:
Those videos have amazing music.

I like it, so far. Looks kind of "out-there" in an imaginative way, which I like.

I can't wait for this game even more! Are they releasing soundtracks for this game, like they did with Megaman 9, and a re-arranged one, like they did with just about every Megaman?

Soundtrack comes out March 23 and had arranged album has also been announced.

MM9 on 360 looks fantastic on an HDTV. It doesn't have shitty filters, it isn't grainy, it retains 4:3. It's perfect. They did a really good job optimizing it for HDTV so it actually still looks like what you would expect a Megaman game to look like on an NES in SD.

I can't comment on how it looks on an SD set since I don't own one.

Game is fine on any of the 3 platforms. The only reason to get it on Wii is because you can have it a month early! I'm fucking jealous of that, but March 30th is my birthday and I can't think of a better present than this.

Arpharmd B said:
MM9 on 360 looks fantastic on an HDTV. It doesn't have shitty filters, it isn't grainy, it retains 4:3. It's perfect. They did a really good job optimizing it for HDTV so it actually still looks like what you would expect a Megaman game to look like on an NES in SD.

This is what I was trying to say earlier, too. I have it on 360 and played the demo on PS3 and also played the Wii version, all on the same TV. The 360/PS3 version looks perfect on an HDTV because nothing is messed with. It looks like you're playing a classic MM game on an emulator on the TV without any filters. It's just the regular image blown up but without blurry interpolation.

leroidys

The birthday card my girlfriend made me certainly isn't making the wait any easier. . . I might have to break down and get it on wii ware.

2qn9uvc.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure If I'll get that one.

I still haven't beat Mega Man 9 on my Wii, though I'm at the end.

Its a hard game .. very tough - and I suck lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom