• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 10 on NA WW. PSN11/03; XBLA31/03. JPN dates post#1020. Bass & DLC in OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Cakes

PepsimanVsJoe said:
What? Zelda 1 is still the best Zelda.
A Link to the Past used Zelda 1 as a template and nearly perfected the action/adventure formula with it.

It's similar to what Super Mario Brothers 3 did with the original SMB.

Gryphter said:
whoooooooooooo!!! got mm9 on wiiware, now I have to decide what version to get for mm10
I'm getting it on WiiWare again. Totally worth it for the sideways-Wiimote control scheme alone.

Why would you do that? said:
Personally, I feel that the larger size of X makes him feel a little slow and clunky in the X series, and as such, I actually like the X series the least of all Megaman games, but that's my personal taste.

Weird, because I see what you're saying about MM7 and 8 being "heavier" than the 8Bit Games, but MMX has always felt a lot faster to me with the dashing and wall-jumping.

goldenpp72

Choppasmith said:
Weird, because I see what you're saying about MM7 and 8 being "heavier" than the 8Bit Games, but MMX has always felt a lot faster to me with the dashing and wall-jumping.

same, X is super fast.

Rash said:
A Link to the Past used Zelda 1 as a template and nearly perfected the action/adventure formula with it.

It's similar to what Super Mario Brothers 3 did with the original SMB.

LTTP is too piss-easy to be considered a near perfection of anything.

Scribble

Plus SMB 3 rendered SMB's mechanics useless, while Zelda could benefit from ditching the LTTP style and going back to Zelda 1 atm.

Wow, I wonder if they can even top mega man 9 though. Either way, Im going on a complete blackout now...

Wait, one thing. Does it have a release window?

udivision

abstract alien said:
Wow, I wonder if they can even top mega man 9 though.

I wonder if they'll be able to top mega man 10 with 11. And, call me crazy, but 12 is looking to the best of the dozen. Oh god, don't get me started on 13. 13 will get a 39/40, no doubt, honest to goodness.

lyre

AniHawk said:
Pretty cool. 2010 is insane.
The game's probably gonna be my HD RPG of the year, purely by default.

abstract alien said:
Wow, I wonder if they can even top mega man 9 though.
That shouldn't be too hard.

And to the two guys who quoted me before, I was more referring to Badman and 30s Hero, one which was download only and both bombed.

PS: Fuck you guys for making me defend MM10.

CO_Andy

Don't mind the 8-bit style one bit.

Speaking of those folks distaste for the style, Nintendo had the perfect graphical upgrade in All-Stars and BS Zelda.

WteADobXkB.png

linkboy

Hell to the effing yea.

And as nice as a MMX9 with SNES sprites would be, that storyline was pretty much wrapped up with X5.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
My user name becomes more relevant! :D

Soothsayer!

Quick, tell me what my day will be like tomorrow.

[edit] AniHawk's old avatar is back! The world feels a bit more right =D

Azure J

CO_Andy said:
Don't mind the 8-bit style one bit.

Speaking of those folks distaste for the style, Nintendo had the perfect graphical upgrade in All-Stars and BS Zelda.

WteADobXkB.png

... is this what I think it is? o_O

Holy shit, why aren't there new entries in these series (Zelda, Metroid) that do more in the way of things like this?

Piano

Banned
linkboy said:
Hell to the effing yea.

And as nice as a MMX9 with SNES sprites would be, that storyline was pretty much wrapped up with X5.

Don't think that's why people play Mega Man games.

Takao

Banned
Marc of fanboyreview.net posted a confirmation about this a few days back (November 21, 2009). I wasn't sure if GAF trusted him as a source, and since I had just became a Member, I didn't want to risk my account.

bits I found important said:
It will have no relation to Mega Man X (just pointing this out, since some people might think they might choose to do that with X equating to 10.)
Both Mega Man and Proto Man are playable (it appears Proto Man will be unlockable, or become available at some point midway through the game.)
There will be DLC to play as Bass. His gameplay will be based on how he played in Mega Man & Bass.

The ’story’ is basically as such: Robots get a virus that makes them sick. Roll catches it, Mega Man has to get Wily’s help to find a cure (Wily claims he has nothing to do with it, but… yeah), and the 8 bosses each hold part of the cure.

And here is the biggy… it will be two players. No idea if story mode will be two people, or if there will be some specialized two player mode though.

And oh yes… it’s far enough along that it is already being translated into English.

http://www.fanboyreview.net/2009/11/21/are-we-getting-mega-man-10/

He labeled it a rumor, so everything might not be 100%.

celebi23

Takao said:
Marc of fanboyreview.net posted a confirmation about this a few days back (November 21, 2009). I wasn't sure if GAF trusted him as a source, and since I had just became a Member, I didn't want to risk my account.

http://www.fanboyreview.net/2009/11/21/are-we-getting-mega-man-10/

He labeled it a rumor, so everything might not be 100%.

Holy shit that sounds awesome. 2 Player MegaMan? :D I reaaaaaaaallly need to finish MegaMan 9 :lol

HUELEN10

Megaman 10 might be awesome and all, but where's my Megaman VI? Megaman V was absolutely amazing, especially on Super Gameboy. I would LOOOOOOOOOOVE a sequel on PSN or DSiWare. Do it Capcom!

CO_Andy

AzureJericho said:
... is this what I think it is? o_O

Holy shit, why aren't there new entries in these series (Zelda, Metroid) that do more in the way of things like this?
Zelda 1's still the best, and it's even better in glorious 16-bit graphics/audio.

If the rumors are true then that means Roll won't be playable *sadface*. Bass had just about a complete sprite in MM9, so thar be some weight in those rumors.

Teknoman

HUELEN10 said:
Megaman 10 might be awesome and all, but where's my Megaman VI? Megaman V was absolutely amazing, especially on Super Gameboy. I would LOOOOOOOOOOVE a sequel on PSN or DSiWare. Do it Capcom!

MegaMan%206%20Title%20Screen.gif
?

linkboy

TheEastonator said:
Don't think that's why people play Mega Man games.

That's not what I meant.

Capcom isn't going to go back to the X games because there isn't a reason to. The whole premise was that X and Zero were supposed to fight each other. Remember X5 was supposed to end the series (and probably would have been for the better if it had).

The original series on the other hand, Capcom can keep going to back to that all they want. They've got enough room to just keep having Wily come up with lamebrain plans and then have Mega Man stop them.

As for the game using the 8-bit engine or a 16-bit engine, why does everyone forget about Wily Wars.

the-sega-channel-20080611034806464.jpg

I think that engine would satisfy both parties. Its pretty much a 1/2 way point between 8-bit Mega Man and 16-bit Mega Man anyways (unlike 7 which threw out a lot of what made 8-bit Mega Man so successful in the first place).

Angelcurio

ninj4junpei said:
Perhaps it will show Dr. Light building X and then the game ends with an 8-bit Zero killing Mega Man and everyone else. :O
I have been waiting my whole life for this to happen. A proper game that shows Zero's awakening, what happened with the other characters (old megaman, roll, bass, protoman), and the creation of X.

I guess i have to keep dreaming.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I was waiting for that GBA collection for a loong time before it was canned.

I think they lost the source code... :p

these days they could just put roms and an emulator on a DS cart though.

Somnid

linkboy said:
That's not what I meant.

Capcom isn't going to go back to the X games because there isn't a reason to. The whole premise was that X and Zero were supposed to fight each other. Remember X5 was supposed to end the series (and probably would have been for the better if it had).

The original series on the other hand, Capcom can keep going to back to that all they want. They've got enough room to just keep having Wily come up with lamebrain plans and then have Mega Man stop them.

You are being contradictory. The fact that Capcom made 3 MMX games past 5 (and an RPG) should make it painfully obvious that plot has nothing to do with it. You make shit up, that's all there is to it, and I seriously doubt anyone would care as long as it played well.

I have been thinking for the past few years esp since Capcom is making new NES games. Why doesn't Capcom revive their arcade line with new games running on CPS2 or CPS3 hardware? The ground work is already down and all they would have to do is create the sprites. We can get a new Final Fight or Forgotten Worlds easily and it would be EASY money for Capcom.

I cant even begin to imagine a new Final Fight on CPS3. That would be so sick and the engine was barley used. If anybody is in charge of that department DO IT cuz you would make loot.

linkboy

Somnid said:
You are being contradictory. The fact that Capcom made 3 MMX games past 5 (and an RPG) should make it painfully obvious that plot has nothing to do with it. You make shit up, that's all there is to it, and I seriously doubt anyone would care as long as it played well.

Mega Man X5 was supposed to be the last game in the X series. Another development team did X6 while X5 was in development (that's why they came out so close to each other), and Inafune had nothing to do with X6.

At that point, X5 could no longer be the end of the series (even thought it was still intended to be. The plot of that game basically brings the X series to a close, X and Zero fighting each other, which was started in X3). There's a reason why the ending of X5 was going to lead perfectly into the beginning of Mega Man Zero.

Mega Man X5 Story Revision

I'm fully aware of X6, 7, 8 and Command Mission and if I recall, they all sucked (except for Command Mission, which was ok). There's a reason why the X series took a nose dive after X6.

Unlike the original series, the plot was a key point in the X games. The original series is just Wily coming up with some lamebrain plot and Mega Man stopping him. There was a lot more to the plot of the X. It wasn't just X stopping Sigma's plans. It was also about Zero finding out who created him and what his purpose and destiny was.

Just because Capcom made 4 more X games after X5, doesn't mean it wasn't intended to be the end of the series.

Its quite simple, play X-X5 and you'll see that the story arc is tied up perfectly. X6 is the game that jacked this all up. Zero was originally going to be killed and then revived for Mega Man Zero. However, with X6 coming out, that was changed so that he went into hibernation.

I'm not looking at this from a player POV, I'm looking at this from Capcom (and Inafune's POV). There's no reason for them to go back to the X series. The main story arc is tied up, the Zero games are tied up.

If anything, the ZX series is what they need to go back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom