• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Shin-Ra

Do we know what else the patch did besides adding the extra mission?
14058870866_3e09ecd210_o.jpg

Stability!

Liamc723

Ohhhh, I didn't realize that was a knockout gun, I only fired off a few potshots with it in the rescue side op. That's pretty neat. Is there a visual signifier in the HUD for what weapon is lethal and what's not? Like in MGS2 lethal weapons were red and non lethal were blue.

It's the same colours in Ground Zeroes too.

SHAZOOM

Ohhhh, I didn't realize that was a knockout gun, I only fired off a few potshots with it in the rescue side op. That's pretty neat. Is there a visual signifier in the HUD for what weapon is lethal and what's not? Like in MGS2 lethal weapons were red and non lethal were blue.

Yup. Its the little blue box in the top left corner of the weapon box. Blue for non lethal, red for lethal.

Also, its the only way to S rank the Intel Rescue mission (though I think blowing up vehicles doesn't count against your rank)

Shin-Ra

Something glitchy happened in the Jamais Vu mission on PS4 :p

14102454923_87596bcdf9_o.jpg

His legs are down through the platform and arms contorted behind his back! Oh, and he's still alive.

Yup. Its the little blue box in the top left corner of the weapon box. Blue for non lethal, red for lethal.

Also, its the only way to S rank the Intel Rescue mission (though I think blowing up vehicles doesn't count against your rank)

Ok cool, I guess I just didn't pay very much attention to the HUD.

I thought I would hate the new way to select items and weapons, but I actually quite enjoy how snappy it is.

PS4 retail. The map issue is more frequent (it will show enemy positions and objective markers but not the map image itself) but the mission info loading was especially bad in Déjà Vu.

Huh. Weird.

Good. I thought I was the only one for Deja Vu.... soooooooo bad.

Had a ton of fun in Jamais Vu until it turned into
run and gun at the end.
I cannot be arsed to S-Rank the helicopter mission for the same reason.

cackhyena

Something glitchy happened in the Jamais Vu mission on PS4 :p

14102454923_87596bcdf9_o.jpg

His legs are down through the platform and arms contorted behind his back! Oh, and he's still alive.
That's great. I personally love glitches like that, provided they aren't plentiful and often.

Shin-Ra

There's some stunning moments in the intro to Jamais Vu.

ibfDwY6pYmBysg.gif

This was satisfying too. Eight Snatchers down in one.

ibewPDAoxDB280.gif

Back to 100% Recoilless rifle is your friend.

When they make the improvements in The Phantom Pain, it would be really nice if they patch in those same improvements in Ground Zeroes.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jamais Vu mission seems kinda slapped together compared to the Deja Vu mission but I still had some fun. I kinda wish Raiden didn't push away his high frequency blade in the beginning I wanted to chop some dudes.

Jamais Vu mission seems kinda slapped together compared to the Deja Vu mission but I still had some fun. I kinda wish Raiden didn't push away his high frequency blade in the beginning I wanted to chop some dudes.

I know seriously. The fact that they even showed the blades is a total FU that we can't get to use them.

Ezi0

Is Quinton Flynn voicing Raiden in the Jamais vu mission? It sounds like him but it's hard to tell with the limited lines from interrogating.

jett

D-Member
I just found out bodies disappear on the PS3 over time, doesn't matter if they're dead or just unconscious (they disappear when you aren't looking). That's kinda disappointing to realize. I wonder if that's the case on next-gen as well.

Nvzman

I just found out bodies disappear on the PS3 over time, doesn't matter if they're dead or just unconscious (they disappear when you aren't looking). That's kinda disappointing to realize. I wonder if that's the case on next-gen as well.
No, it might be because they were woken up or dragged off by enemies. PS4 version definitely does not have bodies dissappear.

jett

D-Member
No, it might be because they were woken up or dragged off by enemies. PS4 version definitely does not have bodies dissappear.

Nah, I was trying to bunch up several bodies see if I could make the engine drop to its knees or something. Bodies just disappear if there are too many lying around when you leave the area and then come back.

Jerrod

Bodies disappear on Xbox One. They are still there, just go invisible and pop in when you get near them. Sometimes it takes a few seconds though so you can stare at where a guard used to be then eventually he will appear.

EDIT: Actually dead bodies completely disappear. What I described above only happens to knocked out/sleeping guards.

I have not experienced this at all on PS4, that's definitely a bummer though.

cackhyena

The only time it's ever happened to me is when I've taken out the two guys in the doorway when you are first getting Paz out. Like, before the extra patrolmen come to check on her. I've had one or both of them blink out of existence with the markers still there. To get them to show up again, sometimes all it takes is me doing a 360 with the camera. Other times I would have to exit the room and come back. They were never gone permanently. I could go to one end of the map and then back and find every dude still laying there, dead or held up.

Do you have to be online to play, my internet is down and I'm getting stuck on loading screen in main menu, either that or 1.70 screwed up.

cackhyena

The only reason it needs to connect is for scores. I can't see why they would make that mandatory. Wonder if it's a bug where online is shown to be available, but down, it won't stop the loop. Maybe if you aren't connected at all it would just skip the server search?

TheBoss1

Am I the only one who misses the bandana? I am aware that Big Boss threw it away but he also said in that very same scene, "Call me Big Boss" - insisting to stop calling him Snake. Also if he actually never wore it again, how does that explain Solid Snake being introduced to the bandana? I wonder if it plays a (minor) role in TPP...

Am I the only one who misses the bandana? I am aware that Big Boss threw it away but he also said in that very same scene, "Call me Big Boss" - insisting to stop calling him Snake. Also if he actually never wore it again, how does that explain Solid Snake being introduced to the bandana? I wonder if it plays a (minor) role in TPP...

He said 'call me big boss' and chucked the bandana as a symbol for him embracing his identity as Big Boss rather than Snake, who does have the bandana.

There is no diagetic reason for The two Snakes to wear bandanas, it's simply a visual icon used so the players associate Naked Snake with Solid Snake.

TheBoss1

He said 'call me big boss' and chucked the bandana as a symbol for him embracing his identity as Big Boss rather than Snake, who does have the bandana.

There is no diagetic reason for The two Snakes to wear bandanas, it's simply a visual icon used so the players associate Naked Snake with Solid Snake.

You might be right but I hope it makes a comeback in The Phantom Pain. I would even rather have the bandana back than the cardboard box, which I'm sure is not a popular opinion around here.

You might be right but I hope it makes a comeback in The Phantom Pain. I would even rather have the bandana back than the cardboard box, which I'm sure is not a popular opinion around here.

Haha wow! The bandana is badass, but I'm glad they are differentiating Big Boss from Solid. And besides, I think Big Boss makes up for it by having a fucking eye-patch, horn, and prosthetic robo arm.

TheBoss1

Haha wow! The bandana is badass, but I'm glad they are differentiating Big Boss from Solid. And besides, I think Big Boss makes up for it by having a fucking eye-patch, horn, and prosthetic robo arm.

I think the best time for Big Boss to get rid of the bandana would be when he gives it to a young Solid Snake. If that were to happen, that would probably be one of the best moments in the MGS universe.

I think the best time for Big Boss to get rid of the bandana would be when he gives it to a young Solid Snake. If that were to happen, that would probably be one of the best moments in the MGS universe.

If Kojima were able to pull it off without being too sappy about it, I agree, that could be a nice moment. But yeah, can't happen now after Peace Walker.

how do you get 100% on the title screen? just finish all trials one time? i got all trophies a while back.

Yep, my internet just kicked back on and now I can play, so this is online only?

when my internet was down, the screen froze for a minute before i got the connection error message and could play normally. you can sign out of psn to prevent this. this game is definitely not online only.

If Kojima were able to pull it off without being too sappy about it, I agree, that could be a nice moment. But yeah, can't happen now after Peace Walker.

In the eventual MG1/2 remake, we could play as Snake without the bandana and when we confront Big Boss, he is wearing the black MGS3 sneaking suit and the bandana. Fighting commences, stuff happens and Snake takes/finds the bandana after defeating Big Boss.

In the eventual MG1/2 remake, we could play as Snake without the bandana and when we confront Big Boss, he is wearing the black MGS3 sneaking suit and the bandana. Fighting commences, stuff happens and Snake takes/finds the bandana after defeating Big Boss.

I don't think Snake would want to wear his bandana at that point...the dude wanted him dead. It's not like they had a relationship like The Boss and Big Boss had either

Top Bottom