• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Custom Boxart Covers

Gears

God. I think I may like the metal gear style art more than the games haha. I REALLY hope these stick around for a few days, as I'm in debt to my father over my car dying. Regardless, this is awesome.

VanWinkle

Great idea shagg. If I end up getting the game I might have to get this!

The only thing I wish it had was the PS4 banner on the front and the spine for my OCD. But I understand the extra complications with that.

Chairhome

Sent paypal. I've included the details in the payment through paypal, you don't need a PM or anything, do you? I ordered 7. Thanks again! This is great!

Pay for goods and service will incur the fees on me. Send money to a friend will incur the fee upon you. Pick whatever you want!

Edit: There are no fees if you're a Canadian, please pay with CAD as sending money to a friend.

I... actually don't know exactly! It's the same paper used in DVD covers, as in the same stock as the one used in Playstation or Xbox covers. I don't know exactly the stock as I didn't ask but the quality is great. I'll find out for you!

Send money to a friend it is! You're one of the few who sticks out to me on GAF anyways :D

So how much is the payment if I'm from the UK? $6?

Actual shipment cost is $6 but you can all pay the flatrate of $4.25 for one cover including shipment, + extra 25c per additional cover since some of you are generous enough to pay a little extra to compensate for the cost.

Thanks again everyone for the positive response! ♡

I'll make sure I respond to every PM tonight.

BoSox06DH

Just ordered a few. Thanks for doing this, look forward to replacing the mediocre cover art with these vastly superior ones.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I would love o e with the PS4 banner on top, just to make it sorta offeeshul

pnznkqgsrgw4tx0qdpxr.jpg

xewind

I read you were doing this on another thread a couple of days ago shagg_187, really awesome to see its finally happening. I will be ordering at least two later, gotta ask if someone else wants one.

This should look great along side the reversible cover of Ground Zeroes. Thanks a lot man!

Kaz42

Well damn this sucks, was going to pay with amazon gift card by doing a couple of surveys online but the site is down and it won't let me log in. I hope there's enough by the time my survey site comes back online.

You must be an awesome dude to have as a friend if you'd do this for a pack of internet strangers. Thanks bro :)
I travelled from Toronto to New York years ago for the MGS4 launch and met Shagg there...waiting in line for a good almost 20 hours together.

I can confirm Shagg is a damn good dude.

Ibuki

Banned
Really want to buy one of these, might have to wait until next Friday though since I haven't gotten paid yet. Awesome work, what a cool thing to do.

Jamaro85

Photos are down for me, although I feel like I've seen what it looks like from another thread and am willing to just blindly order one.

.Anema

WOW! the artwork is awesome! Congratulations!
But I don't really like the covers without the blue "PS4" rectangle in the upper side of the cover :/, it just doesn't fit with all my other games when I look them.
I know it's weird but, I just can't ahahah

I want to all my games look like this (reference image)

maxresdefault1oqv3.jpg

WOW! the artwork is awesome! Congratulations!
But I don't really like the covers without the blue "PS4" rectangle in the upper side of the cover :/, it just doesn't fit with all my other games when I look them.
I know it's weird but, I just can't ahahah

I want to all my games look like this (reference image)

The cover art for GZ doesn't have the ps4 logo, you always keep the original cover so the OCD doesn't kick in.

Wookieomg

i would totally buy one of these if i were buying physical.. but i'm going digital on PC i think.

but fuck man this is a fantastic cover for a fantastic game. you're doing god's work, shagg. and kudos to the original artist! keep it up brother!

legacyzero

Banned
Shagg, are you keeping this exclusive to GAF, or can non-GAF hit you up on the email listed in the OP to inquire?

People on my Twitter are asking me.

kiryogi

Banned
Oh this is awesome, kinda wish someone did this for RE6! Although I went and printed it out myself. In any case! I just sent you a payment in paypal! Looking forward to it

Top Bottom