• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Custom Boxart Covers

just got two of these bad boys! thanks Shagg/Kinde

Hypeeee... (Nevermind Ari Gold cursing out lol ;D)
n4hb4k.gif~c200

^^^ lol!!!

Did we have to PM you our info even if we payed through Paypal? Or was it enough to write down our info in the text box before paying?

If you provided all the info, it should be enough. A few folks didn't get the prompt to leave a message so I recommend them to PM me or email me with some info.

There's atleast one person who didn't send me any message (especially if they used the donation button), and his Paypal email address is invalid/AOL so I may have to refund him the money if he doesn't respond any time soon. Email me, Logan!!

Thank you all! I'm going to print out the shipping labels tonight! Already jotted down 100 entries last night and woke up to a 100 more!

P.S. I have something special/rare for the top generous donor. Keep an eye out whoever it may be! :)

schlew

Just sent the money through PayPal! Pretty excited! Since you're shipping from Toronto I'm hoping to see it real soon! Thanks for doing all this.

WOW! the artwork is awesome! Congratulations!
But I don't really like the covers without the blue "PS4" rectangle in the upper side of the cover :/, it just doesn't fit with all my other games when I look them.
I know it's weird but, I just can't ahahah

Haha, it's not weird, I actually messaged shagg about this but it was going to be too much trouble, which I totally understand. I still ordered one from him as I'm doing away with the official cover regardless, but I may try to make one with the labels and spine label at some point.

blacksark

Just ordered two for PS4. Truly kind from @shagg_187 to be doing this without any other intention than having a nice cover for the GOTY.

I could print it myself if the templated was edited :)

Hi there,

Do you have Photoshop? If you open the PDF created by Kindekuma in Photoshop, you can see all the labels, logos and ratings unchecked. I'll edit one for you if you cannot see it.

How are you shipping those? I'm kinda worried it would arrive to Europe in pieces :(

I'm using Stayflat packaging. It'll stay sturdy and will not break in shipping (as the name says, Stay Flat lol). If you recieve a damaged package/content, please let me know!

Liamario

Banned
WOW! the artwork is awesome! Congratulations!
But I don't really like the covers without the blue "PS4" rectangle in the upper side of the cover :/, it just doesn't fit with all my other games when I look them.
I know it's weird but, I just can't ahahah

I want to all my games look like this (reference image)

maxresdefault1oqv3.jpg

I'm the same. I'd be interested then.

Hi there,

Do you have Photoshop? If you open the PDF created by Kindekuma in Photoshop, you can see all the labels, logos and ratings unchecked. I'll edit one for you if you cannot see it.

I don't have photoshop. You could make the blue PS4 shoulder ? That would be lovely. I could print it myself

majik13

Looks great, except a small nitpick, not a fan of the binding. Text/Logo is too large and is off center vertically and horizontally. One side almost goes all the way to the edge/image.

I prefer the original binding. Good size and centered, and not the crazy mess of overlapping the title and subtitle.

RoKKeR

Is it weird that this is making me want to get the game, and I had no plans to buy it in the near future and am a primarily digital player?

Damn, good work!

Will these still be available later down the road?

Abraxas

Is that image of Big Boss an official one? I'd love it as a wallpaper, so if anyone could direct me to it I would be very appreciative.

Joeku

Mississauga actually. Square One is perfect for me but I can meet in other locations.

I'm probably dedicating Saturday for local pickups from morning till 5pm. Let me know!

Ah, too bad I'm out in Pickering. It'd cost me more in gas to get there than just getting one shipped would. Stupid long GTA.

UPDATE ONE:

PLAYSTATION 4 COVERS ARE SOLD OUT*!
Everyone who has paid or inquired so far will receive the PS4 covers. Thank you all so much for the amazing support!!

I'm heading to Staples right now to get the shipping labels.

*Note: I'm saving a few PS4 covers for those that have inquired so don't be alarmed if you did inquire but haven't paid yet or are working on a pick up instead. I am also saving a few in case the ones I ship get damaged in shipment.

Thanks again, love you all! <3

Kane1345

UPDATE ONE:

Everyone who has paid or inquired so far will receive the PS4 covers. Thank you all so much for the amazing support!!

*Note: I'm saving a few PS4 covers for those that have inquired so don't be alarmed if you did inquire but haven't paid yet or are working on a pick up instead. I am also saving a few in case the ones I ship get damaged in shipment.

Appreciate all your work Shagg!

UPDATE ONE:

Based Shagg thanks for the hard work

UPDATE ONE:

No, thank you for doing this. It all started as a nice idea but it takes someone to actually take charge and do it!

UPDATE ONE:

Shoot! Are you gonna get anymore? I wanted to order for me and my friend :X

Shoot! Are you gonna get anymore? I wanted to order for me and my friend :X

Hi!

I have around 100 remaining but I'm holding on to them in case there are shipment problems. If everything goes smooth then I'll probably sell them too.

UPDATE TWO: BOXING DAY.

Delivered to the first gamer today! He came to pick it up. It felt good seeing someone recieve it and appreciate it.

ddXLrF1.jpg

Placed them all in 4 boxes for easy packaging.

oFBFnZl.jpg

Labels printed!

So far, I've packed 30 of these. Takes roughly 2 min to print, stick, pick and seal each. Around 200 more to go!

I hope I'm done by tomorrow so they can be all out for shipment on Monday. Have to stick stamps on them all (need to hire my cat to lick them all). Canada Post is going to be the biggest time waste figuring out the total cost for them all.

I apologize if I haven't send every folks individual emails but rest assured everyone who paid will get it. I'm mostly contacting folks who either made mistakes, had payment issues or wanted local pickups. I will provide another update the moment I ship then all.

Thanks everyone!! :)

Top Bottom