• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Custom Boxart Covers

JPS Kai

Send me a PM if you get more PS4 covers. I'm interested in doing a bulk order for our midnight launch (about 25 ish copies across various platforms )

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Shagg, I don't know you, but I think I love you, man. Don't think anyone else would have done this.

Best of all of this? It feels like those days before Christmas, when you get this cover you'll realize "holy shit, TPP is almost coming out!".

Ken said no on twitter

All the more reason to get this! Glad I got in this before the PS4 covers ran out!

I feel like this is a dumbass question.

How do XB1/PS4 covers differ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Slight different in height, as seen here.

iMax

I hope I'm done by tomorrow so they can be all out for shipment on Monday. Have to stick stamps on them all (need to hire my cat to lick them all). Canada Post is going to be the biggest time waste figuring out the total cost for them all.

Now this is genius.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WOW! the artwork is awesome! Congratulations!
But I don't really like the covers without the blue "PS4" rectangle in the upper side of the cover :/, it just doesn't fit with all my other games when I look them.
I know it's weird but, I just can't ahaha

That's my problem as well. No platform for the boxart. But that'd probably be too much work to do for 5 platforms.

I hope I'm done by tomorrow so they can be all out for shipment on Monday. Have to stick stamps on them all (need to hire my cat to lick them all). Canada Post is going to be the biggest time waste figuring out the total cost for them all.
All I can picture is:

susan-seinfeld.jpg

Sadly I missed out on this deal, but may be interested if you end up with any extras or do another round of printing!

Kino_

I will gladly jump on an extra PS4 cover if you have any left. You are awesome Shagg and please keep us updated!

Update 3: First Shipment!

Made the first shipment! 72 out of 250 (and growing) Orders are fulfilled and are en route!! :D

GiLfSfi.jpg

More shipments to be made right after!

8sS986N.jpg

Things that I've learned: the shipping cost originally quoted is off. It was for items weighing under 100g. Since I went for good packaging, it's weighing around 130g. This means that the costs are:

Canada: $2.95
United States: $5.15
International: $10.30

I actually don't mind paying a little extra and won't ask folks to pay more than what I originally promised. The international order is a killer but luckily a lot of you are generous with your pay and have helped support each other's shipping significantly so I hope it all balances out in the end. Most orders are US/Canada orders so that's helping too.

Remember: Everyone who has paid will get their cover, I'm hoping to ship them all by tomorrow. I hope you all recieve your orders soon. I will try to personally email everyone with shipped orders but goddamn that's a lot of emails to send! I'll always post updates here whenever I ship more.

Thank you all for being patient. I hope the wait is worth it! :)

Made the first shipment! 72 out of 250 (and growing) Orders are fulfilled and are en route!! :D

GiLfSfi.jpg

8sS986N.jpg

Things that I've learned: the shipping cost originally quoted is off. It was for items weighing under 100lb. Since I went for good packaging, it's weighing around 130lb. This means that the costs are:

I actually don't mind paying a little extra and won't ask folks to pay more than what I originally promised. The international order is a killer but luckily a lot of you are generous with your pay and have helped support each other's shipping significantly so I hope it all balances out in the end. Most orders are US/Canada orders so that's helping too.

Remember: Everyone who has paid will get their cover, I'm hoping to ship them all by tomorrow. I hope you all recieve your orders soon. I will try to personally email everyone with shipped orders but goddamn that's a lot of emails to send! I'll always post updates here whenever I ship more.

I'll happily kick you a few more bucks to cover the extra shipping costs. You shouldn't have to take all that on yourself.

I'll happily kick you a few more bucks to cover the extra shipping costs. You shouldn't have to take all that on yourself.

Thank you but I really don't want anyone repaying me or paying extra than what they want to besides what I've asked for. In the long scheme, it'll all add up and even out and that's my goal.

I'm just super excited that folks will finally recieve this!

In return: I'll ask for my FOB base to be defended like no tomorrow! I know I can't defend it alone so I'll need you all to do so.

PSN: shagg_187

GiLfSfi.jpg

8sS986N.jpg

Things that I've learned: the shipping cost originally quoted is off. It was for items weighing under 100lb. Since I went for good packaging, it's weighing around 130lb. This means that the costs are:

Based Shagg thank you for taking the time to do this, extremely grateful bro,

hwy_61

Banned
Since you don't want people who've paid to send more money, pm me when you're in Chicago. I'll buy you a beef and a pop.

J-Skee

The EU steelcase is boss.. The US CE steelcase is uninspired.

That picture for the Collector's Edition hasn't been updated since it's unveiling. It still has Kojima's name all over it. I hope at least that the steelbook shown in that picture is a placeholder & the real one has some sweet Shinkawa artwork on it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
International is 10 dollars?! Shit, I don't care how kind you are Shagg, I feel like I'm robbing you, gonna give you a couple of bucks more.

EDIT: Also you have my sword and shield. Meaning I'm gonna defend your FOB like it's my firstborn.

NateDog

Yo Shagg that isn't fair on you, I thought I was at least helping you out a tiny bit by sending you $9. I'll send you on some more to cover it, if it's not soon it might be after MGSV's release as I'm trying to afford a PS4 for it but I will send you extra man, it isn't fair if you have to take that expense when you're doing us all an enormous favour.

Update #4: More Fulton Deliveries!

Shipped 200 of 250 packages!

That took around 6 hours. Need some Red Bull. This time, Canada Postman remembered me and said "I'm not putting all these stamps today" so I helped him out (no licking involved).

Unfortunately I ran out of shipping packages and the order I placed on Monday haven't arrived yet. I'll ship the remaining the moment I get them (hopefully tonight or tommorow morning).

Can't wait!!

Note: Everyone who has paid will receive their order. Everyone! :p

Top Bottom