• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Custom Boxart Covers

hwy_61

Banned
I think they look class.

CNGawnvWEAAV0f7.jpg

CNGaxSAWsAAOb2a.jpg

CNGax3TWwAAITF8.jpg

Beautiful. Clean.

I can't wait for mine.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It looks amazing, I can't wait for my cover to arrive. The game is so close. SO CLOSE.

I currently have it sitting on my shelf and it's going to look even greater with Ground Zeroes beside it.... as it stands now, there's no joy to be had inside the box, only Putty Squad.

Alienous

We should take pics of the covers and tweet them toward Konami or something. Not really in a hateful fuck you way, just to show them how much we appreciate Kojima and his hard work. The photos should focus on his name too. It's like, we all bought your product but it's because of this guy. I would say wait until the game is actually out so that they're not just empty cases.

Would this be a bad idea or in poor taste somehow? Pointless? If so then disregard. I just think shagg doing this for us and so many being interested that it does make a statement that I would like Konami to take notice. Again not in a hostile way, just... awareness.

Tweeting at Kojima, yeah. Konami? Eh.

robotrock

Banned
I think they look class. Works very well against the Ground Zeroes alternative cover (which I can't get right now as it's packed away while we're decorating).
CNGaxSAWsAAOb2a.jpg

Edit: Putty Squad box came in handy for this.

Kicking myself. Would look really nice to the GZ reversible cover.

Same boat. I think we may be among the last to get shipments.

I'm planning to ship the last remaining orders out tomorrow. I have not responded to everyone one-by-one and I'm only responding to those asking at this moment. I'll send emails once I'm positive all orders are fulfilled. It'll take more time to respond to emails than shipping, and I'm prioritizing shipment at top.

In short, everyone should expect the shipment (and hopefully the email) tomorrow. Thanks for waiting!! :)

Don't panic if you haven't recieved an email. If you've paid, you'll recieve it.

Palpable

Well this sucks, I really wanted one :(

Do you guys have the full resolution image of the Shinkawa cover art you used? I'd like to go get it printed for a big ass poster for my room.

I'm planning to ship the last remaining orders out tomorrow. I have not responded to everyone one-by-one and I'm only responding to those asking at this moment. I'll send emails once I'm positive all orders are fulfilled. It'll take more time to respond to emails than shipping, and I'm prioritizing shipment at top.

In short, everyone should expect the shipment (and hopefully the email) tomorrow. Thanks for waiting!! :)

Don't panic if you haven't recieved an email. If you've paid, you'll recieve it.

What dimensions for the paper did you use to print the ps4 cover?

Alfebit

Banned

Ah, ok, glad to hear. Can't wait to see it when it gets here!

Mr_L

No, thank you for communicating and making this happen.

You're awesome.

NateDog

Yusss got mine this morning Shagg (Ireland), haven't opened them yet but many thanks! If I'm in work on the day it comes out I'm giving one to the first person that comes in who pre-ordered the game, maybe two if I feel generous and keep the other one myself, thank you so much Shagg!

Azzawon

Only just seen this thread so I've instantly put an order in for an Xbox One copy. Nice job, OP! Looking forward to receiving the cover :)

Edit - aw shit, should've read the last few pages. Shagg, will my order still stand? I'm in the UK so if it does I'll send a bit more money over for the shipping costs.

Mathi

Well damn, I just realised that my (UK) copy of Ground Zeroes doesn't even have the reversible Shinkawa cover.

What now, Gaf? If I buy a new US copy, do they still have the reversible cover or was that a limited edition thing?

Is the one in the OP the high res image? What are the dimensions and paper you used to print it on for PS4?

Just asking since I don't know if there will be anymore sold

Thanks again!

Isotope

The cover came in, and it looks just as nice in person as I thought! Thank you again shagg for printing and shipping these out!

Ambitious

Well damn, I just realised that my (UK) copy of Ground Zeroes doesn't even have the reversible Shinkawa cover.

What now, Gaf? If I buy a new US copy, do they still have the reversible cover or was that a limited edition thing?

Got a UK copy too. I'm currently trying to find a high-res version of the Shinkawa art so I can print it myself. I found this, but it's for PC/Xbox:

Thanks you so much. Got both in today. Love them! Such hype right now! Also that big boss stamp looks great. I tweeted a pic to kojima. https://twitter.com/Mark_Mazzella/status/635913442977816576?s=09

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hey Shagg, about how long do you think shipping will take? I'm in the US but only about three hours from Toronto, ordered the first night, but still haven't gotten mine.

Hey Shagg, about how long do you think shipping will take? I'm in the US but only about three hours from Toronto, ordered the first night, but still haven't gotten mine.

I just shipped every order right now! You should recieve yours today if not tomorrow.

So... update time.

UPDATE 5: ALL MGSV COVERS SHIPPED (Except for one order that I recieved while I was shipping them all).

All 250 orders have been fulfilled. Thank you all so much for being patient, and I hope you all love the final product!

I recieved one order an hour ago while I was at Canada Post so I'll ship that out tomorrow. Sorry!

See you all in my Motherbase! :D

R-User!

Oh Snap! Just checked the mail, and I got it!

Envelope looks perfectly intact!

....annnnnnnnd THEY ALL LOOK GOOD!

Thanks SO MUCH for doing this shagg!

I can't wait to SNEAK them IN to their cases when I SNEAK OUT on release day to get my copy!

xewind

Got home from work two hours ago and mine arrived! It looks awesome alongside the Ground Zeroes one.

20150824_205726_zpsk7rp5ouh.jpg~original

Thanks a bunch Shagg, the quality of the paper is great and they arrived in perfect conditions. The logo on the delivery package was a pretty cool touch. Now just one more week and I can switch the covers when I get the game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just shipped every order right now! You should recieve yours today if not tomorrow.

So... update time.

UPDATE 5: ALL MGSV COVERS SHIPPED (Except for one order that I recieved while I was shipping them all).

All 250 orders have been fulfilled. Thank you all so much for being patient, and I hope you all love the final product!

I recieved one order an hour ago while I was at Canada Post so I'll ship that out tomorrow. Sorry!

See you all in my Motherbase! :D
Awesome, thanks for the update.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I hope to receive the cover before the game arrives at my local store. I have a feel that the game might arrive by Friday here.

Top Bottom