• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| The Man Who Sold The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griss

Wow, mission number 2
was incredible. Tense stealth, fun combat, interesting enemies, two awesome and different types of location
river/waterfall + mansion
, the promise of actual story material at the end of it, and Snake
sitting down to smoke a joint with some old dude
at the end of it. It was so metal gear, so awesome, that it almost brought home how NOT like this most of the game is. None of the last 5 missions were anything near this eventful.

And then just when I'm thinking 'wow this is great gonna post on GAF...'
to be continued
. Are you shitting me? What sense does that make? This is following the mission structure when it clearly doesn't fit, and it's nonsense.
I didn't have Quiet in the chopper before, now I do. My tension levels are completely decreased having had to fucking sort out quarantining all my new soldiers.
Such a phenomenally stupid piece of game design. Jesus, Kojima can't get out of his own way here.

DrBo42

Mission 20 spoilers
How do you hit the floating boy with an attack? Managed to get the Fulton on man on fire but this little fucker pops my balloons.

Mission 45 is some stone cold bullshit, hey if brought mines and armor to this sneaking mission you should use them! Oh and you die in one hit to completely random missile fire!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm talking about actual days ago and I don't remember if it was online or not. This is starting to piss me off. I want to remove these guys already.
The online missions take like 1400 minutes and stuff like that. It's totally not worth doing them, since you have to just wait in game real time for them to finish anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What determines the Security Team's level? Combat stat?

I'm about to start this miraculous journey.

But before I get afghan sand in my undies are there any missable trophies?

The only missable trophy involves a buddy(Spoilers for buddy, no story spoilers)
Quiet will leave after mission 45 if you don't have a Butterfly Emblem, and if you don't max out her bond you'll miss her trophy.

0racle

The only missable trophy involves a buddy(Spoilers for buddy, no story spoilers)
Quiet will leave after mission 45 if you don't have a Butterfly Emblem, and if you don't max out her bond you'll miss her trophy.

Thanks bud,

Now are these easy to accomplish?

And the other thing?
emblem?

Quoting again so you don't miss it, but the guide says you earn it
if you let Quiet get the most kills/tranqs in a mission. You earn the codename and the emblem itself.
(No story spoilers but reward conditions which might be considered a spoiler)

Still not had a proper run at the game yet, on mission 10 with around 20 side ops done, 21 hours played. How long does it take until DD and Quiet become available for use? Do they trigger after a certain mission?

Moneal

Still not had a proper run at the game yet, on mission 10 with around 20 side ops done, 21 hours played. How long does it take until DD and Quiet become available for use? Do they trigger after a certain mission?

DD becomes available after mission 10, and Quiet after 14. At least that's how it went for me.

Phionoxx

Another player is already infiltrating.
FOB infiltration aborted.

Really?

Yup. Tried to retaliate against a rival that invaded and kept getting this message each attempt. Luckily you have a 7 day window it seems where you can try to get your resources back / get your revenge. Unless they build a
nuke
before that! Pretty sure if they have one and you don't, the game locks you out of invading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom