• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Alternate E3 Gameplay Demo

DrBo42

Am I? They've literally shown the same location not one, not two, but three times at three different E3's. I get it.. The game has an expansive desert in it.

This worries me as well. Hope it's not just Afghanistan and that African map. If it really is just those two, hope I get to see an area of Afghanistan with snow at the very least. Need a legit base to sneak into too.

Gameplay looks awesome as usual but I'm really starting to worry about the environmental diversity in this game... Everything just looks the same to me. It's not even a pleasant same really, just a bland looking desert. Two different areas simply isn't enough, here's hoping for more variety.

The previews from the games press pretty much said these concerns are addressed. And most of them never even got to Africa.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Am I? They've literally shown the same location not one, not two, but three times at three different E3's. I get it.. The game has an expansive desert in it.

This worries me as well. Hope it's not just Afghanistan and that African map. If it really is just those two, hope I get to see an area of Afghanistan with snow at the very least. Need a legit base to sneak into too.
Kojima usually only shows little sections of his games before release.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Kojima has done it again...
IP2iBD5.gif

Betty

Banned
Mind linking me to it? Not that I don't believe you, I just would like to read the article.

There's also Mother Base which is huge.

As for previews on variety.

The Official Playsation magazine said

Counted 14 or so major bases in Afghanistan, and over two dozen smaller outposts.

Variety won't be an issue.

Before MGS4 launched, they only showed the beginning Middle Eastern area. I'm guessing they want to save the later areas as a suprise

GHound

FOB Missions? I take it that's the official term for the base invasions? Was that already known?

1. I will use the bandana at all times to get rid of that stupid fucking horn.

2. Big black backdick is still there...

Because DD exists. Horse is definitely the worst option though.

I wonder if there will be levels where you have to swim and DD paddles behind you. My heart...
Horse is for true MGS-style playing, none of that easy-mode AI that does everything for you.

Vire

There's also Mother Base which is huge.

As for previews on variety.

The Official Playsation magazine said

Variety won't be an issue.
14 bases in.... Afghanistan. That doesn't really allay my fears that it all doesn't take place in either a jungle or a desert. I'm not talking about being worried that there isn't enough stuff to do in that area (it clearly seems like a lot). Just that seeing nothing but sand and makeshift stone structures has already grown tiresome just from the years of preview coverage.

If any other series showed the same area three years in a row at E3 we'd never hear the end of it. But Kojima gets a pass for some reason.

1. I will use the bandana at all times to get rid of that stupid fucking horn.

2. Big black backdick is still there...

Horse is for true MGS-style playing, none of that easy-mode AI that does everything for you.

rofl, yea, they still have the dick for the sneaking suit.

Which is fine, I'll never use it. I'm always gonna RP and use appropriate camo for an area and keep it basic with my clothing.

Nobody is gonna use a "sneaking" suit in the middle of a blinding yellow desert or a rainforest, you stick out like a sore thumb

14 bases in.... Afghanistan. That doesn't really allay my fears that it all doesn't take place in either a jungle or a desert. I'm not talking about being worried that there isn't enough stuff to do in that area (it clearly seems like a lot). Just that seeing nothing but sand and makeshift stone structures has already grown tiresome just from the years of preview coverage.

If any other series showed the same area three years in a row at E3 we'd never hear the end of it. But Kojima gets a pass for some reason.

Because

1) This is the same Kojima that hid 4/5's of MGS2 from the public and never showed off anything but the Tanker.
2) I don't even remember much of MGS3/MGS4 gameplay that took place more than 20% through the game. He usually keeps the later game area's (gameplay) off limits.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

He gets a pass because we have experience with what he has shown of previous games before release. Specifically MGS2/3/4.

Risev1

f any other series showed the same area three years in a row at E3 we'd never hear the end of it. But Kojima gets a pass for some reason.

Or maybe you're just exaggerating. There's nothing wrong in showing the same location multiple times while showing different approaches. Way, way better than spoiling other locations of the game.

Betty

Banned

They haven't though, they've shown desert dunes, rockey valleys, hillsides, entire villages, the sprawling motherbase plant, the massive canyon in africa, and only a tiny part of the jungle.

People aren't getting pissy probably because the maps are meant to be huge and we haven't seen what they look like entirely yet, not to mention there might be other areas to encounter.

cackhyena

All the attention to detail in the world but you have BB yelling "hyah" every two fucking seconds when galloping. That won't get old...

Hyped as fuck otherwise. Nothing stands a chance of beating this game for me this year. Even the mighty Fallout 4. Feel it in my bones.

Dick suit returns!
qVJZ1c4.jpg

I need this game already. It plays the Six Million Dollar Man noise when you hit people with your bionic arm!

Top Bottom