• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Alternate E3 Gameplay Demo

Revven

I think that's fair enough. S-ranks are awarded for playing well. Simply fucking around will not be considered "playing well". However, if the Ground Zeroes ranking system is anything to go by, you have more leeway than in any other game in the series to get good ranks. You can kill a few people or get a few alerts, granted you do something else a bit better (you could finish the mission very quickly or you could rescue prisoners to make up for the lost points) so you can still use all the funny lethal weapons when going for good ranks.

Furthermore, the missions are replayable and should be fairly short so nothing's preventing you from playing through them several times to test out different approaches. You can just fuck around during one playthrough and then play the mission seriously while avoiding killing anyone. I'm glad the game offers these different approaches.

Well, not to mention this time around there's also the Free Roam option available sooo you won't have to worry about mission ranks while you're in that mode unless you explicitly choose to enter a mission. Then again, maybe I'm assuming too much about the free roam :p

Kindekuma

Banned
This game has reached literal perfection and it's not out.

Dat Rocket Punch, dat sniper mission, dat balls to the walls guns blazing, dat C4 butt planting, dat bandana, dat box sledding, dat LEVEL OF FREEDOM. EVERYTHING about this game is amazing. The wait for release is beyond excruciating.

I loved that they fit in what, 4 demonstrations in one? Showing the same mission but tackling it differently is something they've should have done so much earlier.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
VMYnyxK.gif

Haha..best thing.

Oh my goodness, that rocket punch is just so amazing. When I get the game, that's all I'll use to eliminate enemy targets. So cool.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
the re-playability will be fucking insane just my god, you watch a walk-through of different people, and you may see something different every time

Dat Rocket Punch, dat sniper mission, dat balls to the walls guns blazing, dat C4 butt planting, dat bandana, dat box sledding, dat LEVEL OF FREEDOM. EVERYTHING about this game is amazing. The wait for release is beyond excruciating.

I loved that they fit in what, 4 demonstrations in one? Showing the same mission but tackling it differently is something they've should have done so much earlier.

Say dat one more time.

Say dat one more time.

-Stryder-

Is it just me or is seeing Big Boss in that game with a bandanna on really weird.

He just doesn't look right with it

Kindekuma

Banned
There's so much variation in one tiny blip on the map, that I realized I might be biting off more than I can chew in this game. Afghanistan is HUGE, and seeing how there is "dozens of bases" scattered around the map made me realize that there's gonna so much content I'm not sure if I'll ever 100% the game. The dynamics of Afghanistan is different too, so much more open, but when you get to Africa, it's all very condensed, sniping is difficult, landing zones are more restricted, and not to mention disorienting as hell. I'm gonna have to rank up my iDroid as fast as I can in that game to survive, without it, it seems like suicide.

It was also so refreshing to see a mission done totally ghost style or just balls to the walls too. The formula for the last demonstrations have all been stealth 90% of the time, make an obvious alert and escape. I was just expecting a night mission with the same formula, but I got something totally different that just blew me away.

I need this game, right now. I can understand why basically all the press players wanted to play the game after the LA preview event.

Arklite

Kojima with the genius. Initial speculation was that there wouldn't even be a cardboard box due to more serious themes. Instead, it has the most ridiculous and vetsatile C Box ever conceived.

Vex_

Banned

Lmmaao. Preach brother.

Yea I agree. I was getting REALLY moist watching this playthrough.

Like, I was so moved by the different playstyles we have seen. Im feeling kind of emotional right now.

deim0s

Hope you can wear the Bandana(tm) regardless of the suit you're wearing, just to hide the stupid shrapnel on Snakes head and dat pony tail.

edit:
@JunkerHQnet:
Apparently we may also get another gameplay demo (ETA unknown) showing how Mother Base grows over the course of missions

Sweet. Last video to watch then a media black out for me.
If i can. :p

Risev1

Will they also give us another video showing the ending?

No, seriously, I really appreciate how open they are in presenting the game, but everyone is already sold on the single player aspect. Stop showing us that and focus on MGO3 already!!

speiky

Taking a one week vacation for this game. Can't wait to marathon this bad boy.
Kojima will be missed dearly :'(
I don't think I will buy any metal gear games anymore out of respect.

Betty

Banned
@JunkerHQnet:
Apparently we may also get another gameplay demo (ETA unknown) showing how Mother Base grows over the course of missions

As awesome as that sounds and while I'm sure there's tons to the game they haven't shown, I think I'll miss this and enjoy the surprise of how Mother Base develops.

Will they also give us another video showing the ending?

No, seriously, I really appreciate how open they are in presenting the game, but everyone is already sold on the single player aspect. Stop showing us that and focus on MGO3 already!!

MGO3 is DOA tbh man :-\

Nearing the end of the clip, that flying prosthetic arm is hilarious!

Will there be any industrial type environments like in MGS1/2? I hope it's not all outdoors in the desert.

By the way, did anyone see the "RELATIONSHIPS" sub-menu? Didn't realize it would get its own sort of menu, that sounds a lot deeper than I was expecting!

Top Bottom