• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Alternate E3 Gameplay Demo

giphy.gif

i need to konw the source of this lol

Kindekuma

Banned
@JunkerHQnet:
Quiet left those supplies for Snake on the rock

BRUH OMG IF SO, RIP PERSONA FAIBU

Considering you need to bond with Quiet to get her to accompany you on missions, getting to be with DD, your men, Kaz, and Ocelot its obvious some dates to the croquette stand and Junes are in order.

The video has processed guys, 1080p60 now available!

Considering you need to bond with Quiet to get her to accompany you on missions, getting to be with DD, your men, Kaz, and Ocelot its obvious some dates to the croquette stand and Junes are in order.

True!!! Hahahaha! Fsteak confirmed?! O_O

neoism

man this really should have came out in july or aug... 2 months before fallout 4 isnt gonna be enough...ima beat this game 20 times...KREYGASM

man this really should have came out in july or aug... 2 months before fallout 4 isnt gonna be enough...ima beat this game 20 times...KREYGASM

[Sn4ke_911]Fallout 4 is a waste of time. 2 months isn't enough? 2 YEARS isn't enough!!!!!![/Sn4ke_911]

Though I couldn't agree more with S4nic!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

So, it looks like the very first portion of the video - before the first approach title card - is running on an Xbox One (maybe to show off the 1080p60 since they confirmed that at E3) and the rest is running on a PS4, given the PS4 button prompts throughout.

So, it looks like the very first portion of the video - before the first approach title card - is running on an Xbox One (maybe to show off the 1080p60 since they confirmed that at E3) and the rest is running on a PS4, given the PS4 button prompts throughout.

Wasn't that 1080p 60fps for ProEvo on XB1. I don't think MGSV ever had a resolution confirmed for XB1.

Was it not? I thought Julien (whatever his name is) said so in an interview a few weeks ago?!

Yeah, there was something (actually on here), but then the developer of Pro Evo was talking about the resolution they had and it was 1360x1080. The thread sort of went quiet after the developer video.

https://youtu.be/WJ3ejy22Z2w?t=1075

There was only ever that one source, in French, for the 1080p/60fps and if the developers of ProEvo aren't talking 1080p, I find it very hard to believe MGSV has gone to 1080p native, probably the same 1360x1080, if that.

Kindekuma

Banned
Yeah, there was something (actually on here), but then the developer of Pro Evo was talking about the resolution they had and it was 1360x1080. The thread sort of went quiet after the developer video.

There was only ever that one source, in French, for the 1080p/60fps and if the developers of ProEvo aren't talking 1080p, I find it very hard to believe MGSV has gone to 1080p native, probably the same 1360x1080, if that.

So scaling internally then? Sort of how GZ on PS3/60 was rendered at a res lower than 720p but scaled up to that resolution on output.

Dat narration deserves some awards

Thanks for clarification! Sorry, I misunderstood this as confirmation! ;_;

Does Quiet have superhuman abilities or is that just the game being a video game?

Enhanced etc. You know those bald barcodesupersoldier enemies from a few trailers ago, the female versions of which were in the last trailer....she's one of them.

So scaling internally then? Sort of how GZ on PS3/60 was rendered at a res lower than 720p but scaled up to that resolution on output.
The XB1 would do that anyway. Ground Zeroes on XB1 was 720p, but would still output at 1080p. It had other issues outside of that against PS4 though.

Thanks for clarification! Sorry, I misunderstood this as confirmation! ;_;

I still think it's going to be much better than the 720p of Ground Zeroes though. If they're able to jump from 720p to 1080pr on ProEvo, no reason the same isn't likely on TPP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hmmm...

hQnUAaf.png

Does this mean we can Fulton and recruit CHILDREN?! O_O

Taboo!!!

Well here is the thing, IIRC one of the previews (sorry i forgot who but it wasn't from the english ones, i think someone on reddit translated it) said that and warning this might be a spoiler that you can
kill children but if you do that it will have huge consequences or something like that.
So it would make sense that you can fulton them too.

Man this will be all over Fox news and such, i can't remember a single game that let you do this. There is a reason why GTA doesn't have any children in the game.

This will trigger a huge outcry.

child-soldiers.png

2015-07-0709_04_18-mgkhu2p.png

brau

I can already see the uproar quiet's poses in the helicopter will cause.

lol.. i saw her lay down on her belly, i was.. "what is she doing?" hahaha oh kojima... you. Polygon is gonna have a field day with this one. "Ashamed of your words and deeds" indeed.

I really don't get what Quiet was doing wrong? She was laying down? So, what? She's probably tired of Kaz trying to murk her ass without Big Boss' consent, if I had to guess.

JimPanzer

lol.. i saw her lay down on her belly, i was.. "what is she doing?" hahaha oh kojima... you. Polygon is gonna have a field day with this one. "Ashamed of your words and deeds" indeed.

there's another pose where she lies on her back, chest towards snake. I'm normaly not very sensitive to this stuff, but c'mon, is this really what the game needed?
I'm glad her standard outfit is called "naked", this would imply, that other outfits cover more skin. Almost expected there would be something even more exposing.

Vex_

Banned

I said the same thing too, but then I grined and whispered "Kojima".

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Metal Gear 2.

Well yeah ok but there is a huge difference between the Fox Engine's child soldiers and this:

MG2_Zanzibarland_kids.gif

there's another pose where she lies on her back, chest towards snake. I'm normaly not very sensitive to this stuff, but c'mon, is this really what the game needed?
I'm glad her standard outfit is refered to as "naked", this would imply, that other outfits cover more skin. Almost expected there would be something even more exposing.

I really don't understand those complains, what if she would lie the other way around? would you complain about her other parts being shown?

Also if that makes you feel better here is concept art from Quiet with clothes.

2015-07-0709_22_18-me9skj1.png

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm glad her standard outfit is called "naked", this would imply, that other outfits cover more skin. Almost expected there would be something even more exposing.

The concept of Quiet was always "A naked Sniper". Her character is literally based around sexuality and sniping. I'm not even the slightest bit surprised or even put off by it. Remember, there's a reason as to why she's like this. We just don't know, it's not just pandering to fans.

DrBo42

The concept of Quiet was always "A naked Sniper". Her character is literally based around sexuality and sniping. I'm not even the slightest bit surprised or even put off by it. Remember, there's a reason as to why she's like this. We just don't know, it's not just pandering to fans.

Honestly I don't even trust that there's a convincing reason she's like this after how Paz was handled in GZ.

I really don't understand those complains, what if she would lie the other way around? would you complain about her other parts being shown?

The first pose on her back I don't mind, but the second pose, on her belly looking directly into Big Boss Souls and waving with her legs, that was too much for me.

The first pose on her back I don't mind, but the second pose, on her belly looking directly into Big Boss Souls and waving with her legs, that was too much for me.

What? So, as long as she turns her head and looks out the window, then you're cool with it? Talk about arbitrary. Good news for you guys is that she is optional. Sure, you'll miss out on what will probably be an amazing story, but it beats having to complain about her at every single turn, doesn't it?

What? So, as long as she turns her head and looks out the window, then you're cool with it? Talk about arbitrary. Good news for you guys is that she is optional. Sure, you'll miss out on what will probably be an amazing story, but it beats having to complain about her at every single turn, doesn't it?

I am complaining about this one pose man, calm down. I will experience her story. I am entitled to my opinion.

Genryu

Banned
Did anyone else notice that when Quiet was jumping into the helicopter, her skin was missing for a brief instant?

Was that just the game bugging out or is that just her coming out of some sort of invisibility?

Top Bottom