• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

MDSLKTR

Don't fuck with me eb, Ive been waiting 5 years for this and I took a week off work. Worst thing worst I get the digital version tuesday idgaf

Gastone

Don't fuck with me eb, Ive been waiting 5 years for this and I took a week off work. Worst thing worst I get the digital version tuesday idgaf

My man! I got over a weeks worth of overtime in my bank. Seriously thinking about using it for MGS 5

Hasney

Yeah, if mine don't come Tuesday, I'm grabbing a PC code and playing it on that until my CE comes. I don't give a fuck if I replay a few days on PS4, I'm not waiting anymore and wasting this week off.

Ralemont

not me
BB still says backordered. What the fuck is the point of preordering if it doesn't guarantee you a copy on release day.

BB still says backordered. What the fuck is the point of preordering if it doesn't guarantee you a copy on release day.

Just wait. Other people's have switched back after saying backordered. There's no point in obsessing over it at this point because nothing you can do will change anything.

Checking once a day and being annoyed isn't "obsessing."

It is because any real significant change isn't going to happen until Sunday at the earliest, and most likely on Monday. Looking at it now is pointless. What does it accomplish? You getting annoyed possibly over nothing.

Ralemont

not me
It is because any real significant change isn't going to happen until Sunday at the earliest, and most likely on Monday. Looking at it now is pointless. What does it accomplish? You getting annoyed possibly over nothing.

Uh, other people's orders changed today. Obviously it can still change before release, but it's perfectly valid to express frustration that this happened at all.

Edit: BB posted this on their forums an hour ago, for anyone else checking:

Everyone seems pretty excited about the release of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain so I can understand why you would be concerned regarding your pre-order. We currently have no reason to anticipate any backorder issues, so I would anticipate your pre-order to process normally, barring any unforeseen circumstances. If you should have any questions regarding your pre-order as the release date nears, please feel welcome to reach out to us!

So all should be good.

Uh, other people's orders changed today. Obviously it can still change before release, but it's perfectly valid to express frustration that this happened at all.

So all should be good.

So again, like I said, you're getting annoyed over nothing because you're obsessively checking it rather than just letting it proceed.

Ralemont

not me
So again, like I said, you're getting annoyed over nothing because you're obsessively checking it rather than just letting it proceed.

I didn't know it was over nothing until I checked their forum today, because other people have had problems getting their BB order on release day before, so it wasn't an unfounded worry.

Now please stop "obsessively" responding to me.

Hasney

What extra content does the CE have?

MGS_PS4.jpg

So all should be good.

Thank you for the update. Gonna stop bugging out about my BB order now.

...Still going to pre order in store because fuck that I'm playing tuesday.

I'm correct in saying that everyone who preordered from BB still show it as being "Processing"?

I wish mine only says Pre-Ordered....

Thank you for the update. Gonna stop bugging out about my BB order now.

...Still going to pre order in store because fuck that I'm playing tuesday.

I wish mine only says Pre-Ordered....

I didn't see that news at first about the BB forum post...takes a load off. Damn though, sucks that your's isn't even showing up as pre-ordered.

Error1355

I'm still waiting for my PS4 Best Buy CE to ship, and my Xbox One GameStop CE order to ship.

I'm glad I also have it preordered on Steam so I can play it even if these fail to go through somehow. >_>

I swear if nothing happens by the end of the night I'm gonna flip. Still just says preorder on Best Buy. I preordered this thing on March 19th.

ah cool thank you! reading that though, it just feels like a blanket "everything is fine, i have no idea if everything is fine but i'm just gonna say everything is fine" post lol. still, fingers crossed.

Ya, that's why I think it's pointless to worry about it now. Worry about it on Monday.

thebigword

Neo Member
Preordered mine from Best Buy on July 31 with the GCU deal. Yesterday it showed backordered, today it shows preparing for shipment...no worries

Iorv3th

Same, I wonder why orders after ours are shipping?

Because they ship based on delivery. People that live further away from a distribution center are going to get theirs shipped early so they get them on launch day. You may live closer and yours might ship tomorrow/monday and still be there the same time.

Scotia

Banned
God-fucking-dammit! Amazon UK has told me that my copy of Phantom Pain has been delayed due to a processing error. Anyone else been told this?

tsunam1

Neo Member
Did you do a chat session? I've literally never had a problem getting a response from them on there.

Oh yea ive got a response from them. They're contradicting eachother cause they have no clue. They should be able to tell you if they gonna have a problem shipping or when they expect to ship it. Right now they're clueless.

Cancelled my CE...the hand just looks cheap and I've never had digital bonuses worth paying the extra money for. I'd rather play it the second it comes out on PSN and save $40.

darthbob

Cancelled my CE...the hand just looks cheap and I've never had digital bonuses worth paying the extra money for. I'd rather play it the second it comes out on PSN and save $40.

Well, you could've re-sold it for profit but good on you for not being one of those people.

Oh yea ive got a response from them. They're contradicting eachother cause they have no clue. They should be able to tell you if they gonna have a problem shipping or when they expect to ship it. Right now they're clueless.

Yep I talked to customer service yesterday and they guaranteed my order will arrive by Sept 1 yet I see other people posting emails from them saying they have no idea when more copies will come in and they're waiting on a second print

SOMEONE ISNT TELLING THE TRUTH

Top Bottom