• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Boke1879

Has anyone's BB pre order moved to the stage processing yet? I am getting worried about it...Its still under Pre Ordered for me.

Status still says preordered and still says processing. Ordered during the supposed restock on July 31st.

I'll give it another day. If I see no movement I'll just cancel and preorder digitally and then just try my luck another time.

HOLY SHIT

On a whim I changed 2 day express shipping to 1 day priority and my order went from no estimated delivery date to September 1!

fcnFGJ0.png

I tried changing shipping speeds several times in the past week and it didn't make a difference so I have no idea what's going on

Edit: do not do what I did, apparently

BTails

Well, at least Amazon is "preparing my shipment" for Daganronpa Another Episode...

I'm only halfway through Daganronpa 2 though /cries

HOLY SHIT

On a whim I changed 2 day express shipping to 1 day priority and my order went from no estimated delivery date to September 1!

fcnFGJ0.png

I tried changing shipping speeds several times in the past week and it didn't make a difference so I have no idea what's going on

Haha, good for you man! You seem to having some bad luck. Hopefully things go well :)

HOLY SHIT

fcnFGJ0.png

Ugh don't do that. Changing stuff like that on Amazon changes your position in the queue. Everyone really needs to just sit tight. Amazon is going to ship all these to arrive on release date regardless if you have 2 or 1 day shipping.

Uhh bestbuy status still hasnt changed.

Shouldn't it have shipped today to reach me by Tuesday?

Bestbuy (and Amazon) regularly ship as late as Monday and it'll still get to you on Tuesday.
I just had a bestbuy order for Until Dawn that shipped Monday morning and got to me the next day.

tsunam1

Neo Member
What the fuck!!! Just got this fron amazon, Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on March 09, 2015 . We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition"
Estimated arrival date: September 07, 2015 - September 08, 2015

For more details, please visit the "Your Account" section of our web site (http://www.amazon.ca/your-account).

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

JohngPR

HOLY SHIT

fcnFGJ0.png

That's ballsy, I've heard of people doing that with shipments and losing their place in line, so to speak.

Ugh don't do that. Changing stuff like that on Amazon changes your position in the queue. Everyone really needs to just sit tight. Amazon is going to ship all these to arrive on release date regardless if you have 2 or 1 day shipping.

Really? Wouldn't the queue be based on the order date?

//ARCANUM

Not on Amazon. Making some changes puts you into the back of the line because it's been updated, it's almost like a new order in a way.

yeah exactly, i make it a rule to never tough an order again for any site after i've placed it (if it's for something rare like a CE that is).

Yep, and if there is a shortage, you may have just screwed yourself out of one since you're now at the back of the line.

Not on Amazon. Making some changes puts you into the back of the line because it's been updated. It's almost like a new order in a way.

That's messed up. Amazon are the ones who told me to change my shipping speed in the first place. Originally I had a delivery date of Sept 4-8 and they told me to go and change it to 1 day shipping instead, which is what caused my order to lose its delivery estimate in the first place.

That's messed up. Amazon are the ones who told me to change my shipping speed in the first place. Originally I had a delivery date of Sept 4-8 and they told me to go and change it to 1 day shipping instead, which is what caused my order to lose its delivery estimate in the first place.

In general, that would be true for any regular normal item which they'd have plenty of stock of. You don't mess with it if it's time sensitive and/or limited because of that. Amazon is telling you the general case. This is a specific scenario that doesn't match that case.

In general, that would be true for any regular normal item which they'd have plenty of stock of. You don't mess with it if it's time sensitive and/or limited because of that. Amazon is telling you the general case. This is a specific scenario that doesn't match that case.

Still, they should be aware of how their own orders work and not give that advice out then.

So I was just thinking about wether my CE would get delayed, cancelled or whatever, when I suddenly got an email... So apparently my CE has been shipped and is getting delivered tomorrow! That's the last thing I expected to happen.

Yay my Xbox One CE shipped today from BB Canada. :)

Do you know when the estimated delivery time is? I had the regular edition preordered but my new credit card never got entered so it failed to process, I think I would have had it Monday...............Now it won't be here til Wednesday most likely.

On an unrelated note, if I buy the Xbone CE, can I swap out the game with the PS4 version and everything else will be identical? Excluding the download codes of course. i don't want an Xbone branding on the Steelbook, maps, front casing etc.

KevinG

I had to change the address for my CE order on Amazon.com because I moved last month. Better not "lose my place in line" for something I could not control.

I had to change the address for my CE order on Amazon.com because I moved last month. Better not "lose my place in line" for something I could not control.

I think this does alter it. There were a lot of people who got delayed by a day or so when the PS4 launched which is how it became known that making changes to your order can alter your place in line.

SJRB

Gold Member
Holy shit I just got a shipping confirmation for the CE. My blood pressure just skyrocketed at the chance that it'll actually arrive tomorrow.

Pray for me, brothers in arms.

poodpick

Same here I changed my shipping address on 7/18 on amazon.ca. Its bullshit if it delays my order because I pre-ordered on 3/9 when it was first listed.

Grady

HOLY SHIT

fcnFGJ0.png

Edit: do not do what I did, apparently

you are very lucky you didn't lose it. I did that when blood borne was coming out for the ce edition. My date changed 2 months back. I did it at the recommendation of an amazon employee, lol. I called amazon customer care and they couldn't help me even though it was their employee that told me to do it to get it on release day. Evil.

Lyonaz

bol.com has shipped my CE, ETA is 29-8-2015 between 15:00 and 19:30.

OMFG I'M FREAKING OUT!!! IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Holy shit, I think I'll play Diablo 3 and SFV beta until MGSV is in my hands.

sjay1994

Holy shit I just got a shipping confirmation for the CE. My blood pressure just skyrocketed at the chance that it'll actually arrive tomorrow.

Pray for me, brothers in arms.

WHAT STORE!

WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM!

I NEED THESE ANSWERS!

sjay1994

Shit, when I asked about where the CE's were an amazon rep "upgraded" my express to priority for free

I hope that didn't fuck me over

you are very lucky you didn't lose it. I did that when blood borne was coming out for the ce edition. My date changed 2 months back. I did it at the recommendation of an amazon employee, lol. I called amazon customer care and they couldn't help me even though it was their employee that told me to do it to get it on release day. Evil.

Haha yeah this was also done at the instruction of an Amazon rep. Oh well. Now I know better
better

Shit, when I asked about where the CE's were an amazon rep "upgraded" my express to priority for free

I hope that didn't fuck me over

This is exactly what happened to me and why I didn't think twice about messing with the delivery speed

Checked my Gamestop order and it is still "Open" status. Card was charged on Wednesday so they already have my money tied up. Knowing them they will ship it out on Tuesday and I won't get it until Friday. Couldn't get a pre-order in anywhere else in time though :(

sjay1994

Checked my Gamestop order and it is still "Open" status. Card was charged on Wednesday so they already have my money tied up. Knowing them they will ship it out on Tuesday and I won't get it until Friday. Couldn't get a pre-order in anywhere else in time though :(

ebgames/gamestop are probably the worst when it comes down to online shopping

Maddocks

Same, I got next day shipping so I hope they are like amazon and ship it out on Monday so I can get it on Tuesday. But who knows, for all I know they will ship it out on Tuesday and it will show up on wens.

ebgames/gamestop are probably the worst when it comes down to online shopping

Agreed I missed out on Best Buy and Amazon pre-orders unfortunately and could only get one in at GameStop. Have been on fence about pre-ordering at Best Buy to play day one and keeping the CE sealed whenever it decides to show up.

Moog_

Neo Member

My GameStop order hasn't shipped yet, although customer service told me if I paid for one-day shipping (which I did) then I should get it ont 9/1.

sjay1994

Agreed I missed out on Best Buy and Amazon pre-orders unfortunately and could only get one in at GameStop. Have been on fence about pre-ordering at Best Buy to play day one and keeping the CE sealed whenever it decides to show up.

The fact there is no ability to cancel your order by yourself on ebgames.ca is ridiculous

Top Bottom