• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Official notice from the Facebook page:

Notice to all customers purchasing the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:
Please be aware, the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain code for DLC was not included within the physical package during manufacturing. This issue does not affect the Day One Edition product or any other platforms. All customers who purchase the PS4 Collector's Edition through the following retailers will automatically receive the DLC codes at the time of purchase on receipt or via email: Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, EB Games, Game Planet. For all other customers, voucher codes may be obtained by contacting KONAMI customer support at https://konami.parature.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp with proof of purchase.

Added to the OP

Stiler

So, I pre ordered this months ago at gamestop (online) with the free shipping.

I do not recall but is Gamestop similar to Amazon in terms of release-date delivery? Or do they wait and ship orders on release day?

My order still says "open" but I see the authorization on my paypal for the CE.

Ridill

Not really panicking myself. Amazon always bills and ships the night before release. Let us all chillax. :D

Oh, and let us not blame Amazon, as it is up to Konami to fill up allocations. Or even if there is a manufacturing error.

Iorv3th

So, I pre ordered this months ago at gamestop (online) with the free shipping.

I do not recall but is Gamestop similar to Amazon in terms of release-date delivery? Or do they wait and ship orders on release day?

My order still says "open" but I see the authorization on my paypal for the CE.

I don't think its release date delivery if you went the free option. But will probably ship on Monday.

Cade

Amazon US shipped mine. I was gonna end up cancelling and buying digitally if it was delayed, but it's on track to get here when it's supposed to, so woo

Ran rp

See, now I can't even think of any use for it. Life is hard.

LlR9DVo.gif

maltrain

Official notice from the Facebook page:

Notice to all customers purchasing the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:
Please be aware, the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain code for DLC was not included within the physical package during manufacturing. This issue does not affect the Day One Edition product or any other platforms. All customers who purchase the PS4 Collector's Edition through the following retailers will automatically receive the DLC codes at the time of purchase on receipt or via email: Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, EB Games, Game Planet. For all other customers, voucher codes may be obtained by contacting KONAMI customer support at https://konami.parature.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp with proof of purchase.

Well, I told this two days ago...

O.N.U.S.

Neo Member
My best buy order, placed on 03/19, just got placed on back order status. I have an amazon pre-order also. Should I just cancel best buy or are they actually going to get more in Stock?

Hey sweet my order from best buy from March 19th just updated to backordered. Yay!

Same here. Smh

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My BBY order, placed minutes after the page went live, is now backordered.

Ridley327

I suspect that Best Buy put every CE pre-order on backorder to be safe while they're sorting through their stock. If it's still looking bad by the end of Sunday, I would start worrying then.

Hey sweet my order from best buy from March 19th just updated to backordered. Yay!

My BBY order, placed minutes after the page went live, is now backordered.

well, my Best Buy pre-order is backordered and I placed it on 3/19 too...this kind of sucks.

It's just a glitch with the site so don't worry to much, it routinely happens to preorders of games , movies and cd's.

I have had my 2 avenger steelbooks get backordered about 5 times now.

Loakum

Banned
My Shinkawa Steelbook Edition shipped (from ebay UK) , but my collector's edition still haven't shipped on amazon (usa).

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Im convinced EVERYBODY has stock issues. Theres been people complaining on Best Buy that they were back ordered on CE Pre-Orders. Fuck that.

Im ordering myself a regular edition and wait for my Best Buy CE to come eventually. I am playing this on FUCKING TUESDAY! YOU HEAR ME KONAMI!?

You made your bed when you pre-ordered a CE at Best Buy. They are notorious for taking on more orders than they get.

Kolma

Using standard/free shipping from Target
Got my shipping confirmation this morning with an estimation of 09/03/2015 - 09/09/2015
That said.. tracking the UPS number doesn't find anything; they gave me an 8 digit number ...

Also I can't check my order statuses on Target.com

Vanguard

Just had this from DPD for GAME...

"We were expecting to deliver a parcel to you today; however, we have not yet received this parcel from Game. As soon as we get your parcel, we will send you an email with your new delivery details. Until then, please contact the sender for more information."

Although they said delivery would be Tuesday anyway... the hell is going on now!?

Hasney

7.5 hours of waiting for the 1% chance Hermes knock on my door today. Ughhhh.

Just had this from DPD for GAME...

"We were expecting to deliver a parcel to you today; however, we have not yet received this parcel from Game. As soon as we get your parcel, we will send you an email with your new delivery details. Until then, please contact the sender for more information."

Although they said delivery would be Tuesday anyway... the hell is going on now!?

I wouldn't worry about it as Game have probably told them to deliver Tuesday, but they could have delivered today so it probably triggered a text. Hope it all works.

Vanguard

7.5 hours of waiting for the 1% chance Hermes knock on my door today. Ughhhh.

I wouldn't worry about it as Game have probably told them to deliver Tuesday, but they could have delivered today so it probably triggered a text. Hope it all works.

Yeah, but even in those scenarios in previous orders I've not had that before :\ Weird. Ah well, wasn't expecting it till Tuesday so nothing lost/gained w/e.

aradikus

Changed to two-day shipping last week so I could get it on release day. I'm hoping that it didn't push me too far back in the queue then. Am I safe? I know it says Tuesday but I'm scared at this point since the payment hasn't posted yet.

0A0ZVKx.png
I wouldn't worry. This afternoon my preorder for Steins;Gate for Vita went from unpaid & no estimated ship date to paid, payment posted, shipped and expected Monday (release day) by 8pm all in the span of maybe 2 hours. MGSV will almost certainly ship out first thing Monday for delivery Tuesday.

"Try to relax, you've been awaiting this order for... Quite some time..."

Just wait three more days :)

cVyaPJql.jpg

Still no word on my CE from Game though, got a dispatch email on Wednesday but haven't even got a message from DPD or Game since :\

7/31 Best Buy order is now listed as "Preparing for Shipping." Looks like it might be happening after all.

(Meanwhile my Danganronpa:UDG preorder went from "Preparing" to "Backorder." Never should have replaced the order just so I could use Reward Zone certificates. Lesson learned.)

Chinner

Banned
Just had this email. I'm assuming that just means they can't deliver it until Tuesday right?

DCrRAqP.jpg

i'm currently twittering game and dpd about this.

game are claiming they've sent it but dpd are saying they have not received anything. obviously a little contradictory and frustrating. tuesday isn't looking so good.

wrowa

Do we know whether all PS4 CEs will come without the DLC codes or is the problem limited to American copies of the CE?

Ban Puncher

I talked to some mates who manage different game stores today. They all had their stock, ready to sell and all the PS4 CE's had the Diamond Dog tag on them so maybe no missing codes here in Australia? Will find out on Tuesday.

Vanguard

i'm currently twittering game and dpd about this.

game are claiming they've sent it but dpd are saying they have not received anything. obviously a little contradictory and frustrating. tuesday isn't looking so good.

Remember when the trucks carrying Splatoon for GAME were hijacked... I'm having flashbacks.

Please god no D:

Obviously a joke... but still.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
cVyaPJql.jpg

Still no word on my CE from Game though, got a dispatch email on Wednesday but haven't even got a message from DPD or Game since :\

Hnngh, can't wait. But how I know amazon.de, they'll ship Monday night at the earliest :eek:

Justinh

Best Buy is preparing my shipment and charged my account! Now here's hoping I get it on the first

Same here, but now I have to worry about bad weather from Tropical Storm Erika delaying my delivery.

edit: in case anyone was wondering, I'm a dirty 31 Julyer for an XONE version

Top Bottom