• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Bikram

Best Buy sent a dlc code to me. I am not sure what that is for as when I am trying to redeem store just errors out. Anyone having this issue?

Reule

Okay, Target sent me a code for my CE Content. Friend who just received his CE said he had no codes at all, which I'm sure will be the case for me. Is the code they sent a super code that has Day 1, CE, and MGO content? Just curious if they should be sending multiple codes or not.

Bikram

The code sent by BB worked. Kind of dissappointed with the CE. No magnet, steel book having only one blu ray groove and very ordinary packaging. :(

n1FygK9.jpg

Thinking about returning this CE due to the crooked DD logo. Is this fixable or no?

Is the server down for everyone? The game is amazing but it's pissing me off I can't connect my GZ save and I don't have any dlc Codes. WTF is Amazon doing?

Grady

Just got my amazon codes

Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing  "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain" Collector's Edition on PlayStation 4. Your purchase has qualified you for the collector's edition bonus DLC content.

How to redeem you code (See "Your promotional code" above):

Step 1: Create an online account on your internet and PlayStation Network-enabled PlayStation system (or use your existing account).

Step 2: Select PlayStation Store icon on the PS4 system Home Screen.

Step 3: On PlayStation Store, select 'Redeem Codes' at the bottom of the menu on PS4 system.

Step 4: Enter the Code. Please note that the code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

Step 5: Once the Code has been entered correctly, select 'Continue' on the dialog box from the PS4 system.

Step 6: Follow instructions to download.

Additional information on this offer can be found

micah

Just got my Amazon code.

Edit:

I ended up just taking the DD badge off my NA CE and attaching my own magnet. Though it is still basically cardboard.

Grady

My code didnt dl anything. It must be all stuff already on the disc. Theres also no mention of mp xp boost, so i dont know.

pmx7

Neo Member
My code didnt dl anything. It must be all stuff already on the disc. Theres also no mention of mp xp boost, so i dont know.

The items are already in the game from what I can tell.
Code just lets you develop them free of charge without using in game currency or waiting for it to develop.

RootCause

Ordered from Amazon, no magnet, no codes, no codes in email
My order hasn't even shipped, or at least it doesn't show as shipped. No emailed codes, The code I got from registering GZ doesn't work(apparently it was used, even though I tried redeeming the code as soon as I received it) So dissapointed with this release.

Toparaman

Banned
Does the Day One edition have reversible art? I was disappointed that the game box in the CE doesn't have Shinkawa art like Ground Zeroes did. Just controls.

Other than that, boy did I luck out compared to some of you. Everything's fine apart from the missing DLC code. The arm is a plastic toy, but whatever.

Ran rp

The box "leather" effect is impressive.

The magnetic closure on the US version is weak, a fridge magnet would have been cooler.

And what do we do if a finger has very little resistance?

No. The box even says do not remove the Diamond Dog logo.

wait.... we weren't supposed to rip that off?

:lol

oh well, Big Boss' arm is proudly displaying it.

edit: the back of it's a little ripped but it works like any other magnet. eh.

I got one code from Amazon, "Collector's Pack." Am I supposed to have more than that?

Also the game won't connect to the network so I can't retrive my GZ save.

Also got my Amazon code - hopefully it has everything that it should have and we don't have to hound someone to get everything that was supposed to be included in this CE.

Got my CE with thankfully no issues and the code arrived via e-mail earlier before that. The hand looks nice, though I really would've liked that Shinkawa steelbook case.

Amazon sent me my CE code but no Day One code. Anyone else get this?

Edit: looks like they didn't give us the Day One codes. Fucking Konami.

Darknight

Fuck guys, I accidentally ordered 2 of these copies from Amazon. (they were old orders I forgot to cancel) I have 2 CEs I never meant to buy here :(

SHould I try to flip (lol make like $5) on ebay or resend back? Thing is shipping is gonna be a bitch.

LiK

Amazon code worked fine.

FYI, it's just one code for the CE content. i got all the goodies in it. just had to restart the game app to get them to register.

so my friend got his xbox one copy from gamestop...he says its missing the codes, and some map. Havent really been following this whole thing, who does he contact?

//ARCANUM

Fuck guys, I accidentally ordered 2 of these copies from Amazon. (they were old orders I forgot to cancel) I have 2 CEs I never meant to buy here :(

SHould I try to flip (lol make like $5) on ebay or resend back? Thing is shipping is gonna be a bitch.

Sell them on the NeoGaf Buy/Sell/Trade thread! Help out some gaffers that missed out!

jimflox

Neo Member
Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but have we verified that the email is one code (I see several mentions of "codes") containing all the day one/CE edition DLC?

I've got an email from Best Buy and Target with one code each (bought one for a friend and one for myself). My friend is having a minor panic attack thinking he's getting shorted some codes. My copy from Target has not yet arrived, so I haven't been able to test out my code.

Top Bottom