• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

schick85

Kojima-Station-34-Bionic-Arms.jpg
Woah, where did that big arm come from? Are both made out of plastic? The little one is from the CE, I presume.

jimflox

Neo Member
The large (full scale) arm was included in the Japan only Premium Package.

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Premium-Package.jpg

You can snag one on ebay for anywhere from $320-500+. I have a friend who pre-bought one on ebay a number of months ago for $400-ish. He lives and dies Metal Gear.

Gastone

Picked up my PS4 CE yesterday at my local Gamestop here in Norway. Nothing missing. DLC codes and Magnet was all there.

What's in the Day One code? Guess I'll wait and see if Amazon comes through with that later.

https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/01/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-day-1-edition-video/ said:
This edition of the game contains the detailed Wetland Cardboard, Blue Urban Fatigues for Snake, a Personal Ballistic Shield, and the Adam-ska Special weapon.

Looks like the CE does come with the same stuff.

LiK

It would have been nice if Konami had out-and-out said what was included in the CE and in the Day One editions, but ah well.

Also, does anyone else have their download list look like this?

Only somethings can be downloaded.

Don't worry about that list. Go to the game app page and check Add Ons. It will say everything is installed. Restart the game app and it'll register your DLC in the menu on screen.

Don't worry about that list. Go to the game app page and check Add Ons. It will say everything is installed. Restart the game app and it'll register your DLC in the menu on screen.

Cool. I'll check it tomorrow. i've been having issues where the Playstation Store on my PS doesn't load up at all. Even if I click on something in my Library.

Ashler

Just started playing last night. The game is so good, was amazed from the start.

So... I said fuck it, went all in and got the Japanese Konami Limited edition with the 1:1 scale Bionic arm. Can't wait to get it!

Just started playing last night. The game is so good, was amazed from the start.

So... I said fuck it, went all in and got the Japanese Konami Limited edition with the 1:1 scale Bionic arm. Can't wait to get it!

Wait, where? I thought they were all sold out.

Grady

What mgo code are people talking about? The xp boost? I only recieved 1 code from amazon and it was only for random tools that can be built. Was i suppose to get a second code?

Loakum

Banned
What mgo code are people talking about? The xp boost? I only recieved 1 code from amazon and it was only for random tools that can be built. Was i suppose to get a second code?

I think the day one edition codes are different from the CE codes. We only get the CE codes (via email, since they didn't even bother to put that in the box).

Hasney

So the DLC is a mess. Not sure what the US should have, but there's two codes in the UK:

Day One card that also adds in the CE DLC for the single player and a Metal Gear ONline code that cannot be redeemed yet.

I'm assuming it's the same in the US, but it's a bit murkier without the codes in place.

Ran rp

So the DLC is a mess. Not sure what the US should have, but there's two codes in the UK:

Day One card that also adds in the CE DLC for the single player and a !!!AVOID!!! ONline code that cannot be redeemed yet.

I'm assuming it's the same in the US, but it's a bit murkier without the codes in place.

My single code from Amazon (US) gave me all of this.

NkyJNE.png
5dl0nK.png
32cYrK.png

Reule

That CE code doesn't seem to be including the MGO content. I know that whoever does have an MGO code can't redeem it yet but it might be something to worry about having later for those of us who only had this one code sent.

I'll be mad if I can't wear Metal Gear Rex on my head. :E

That CE code doesn't seem to be including the MGO content. I know that whoever does have an MGO code can't redeem it yet but it might be something to worry about having later for those of us who only had this one code sent.

I'll be mad if I can't wear Metal Gear Rex on my head. :E
Wait so we are missing the MGO stuff now? What in the holy hell is going on with this game!

LiK

MGSDLC.jpg

The stuff at the top is the Collectors Day one DLC and the bottom ones are the MGO items (gold guns rex helmet etc)

hrm, I didn't get those. supposed to be included with CE? might need to contact Konami if Amazon doesn't send me another code by tonight.

ups Delivered around 7 pm yesterday, 2 hours after I got off from work.
At least I got to play....not much because that prologue is long (and I didnt even finish it)

One thing I haven't thought too much about is that the MGO dlc wasn't on the list of emailed codes. If I recall correctly, multiplayer for any game doesn't to be active in order for it to be dl-ed at the very least. Maybe I'm wrong?

ups Delivered around 7 pm yesterday, 2 hours after I got off from work.
At least I got to play....not much because that prologue is long (and I didnt even finish it)

Took me an hour twenty to get through it, but it was generous enough to give me an S-rank eventhough I got killed a bunch of times, which is weird because it didn't show up on my final score screen. I just hope the endings for episodes aren't constantly the intros for following missions. That's going to get annoying quick.

LiK

Took me an hour twenty to get through it, but it was generous enough to give me an S-rank eventhough I got killed a bunch of times, which is weird because it didn't show up on my final score screen. I just hope the endings for episodes aren't constantly the intros for following missions. That's going to get annoying quick.

not sure what I did wrong but I was discovered 4 times and I got an A grade. might just replay it so I don't feel like a scrub.

One thing I haven't thought too much about is that the MGO dlc wasn't on the list of emailed codes. If I recall correctly, multiplayer for any game doesn't to be active in order for it to be dl-ed at the very least. Maybe I'm wrong?

Yep an 1h,20 here too. S-Ranked. After I got the pistol I just killed everybody, got spotted once but took them both down in reflex mode.

Last thing I did was learn mother base and throw my people around with the chain throw. I miss Boss saying "next!" when he went from one throw to the next :(

eloxx

Still no shipping confirmation from EB Games in Canada for the PS4 CE. :((((((((((

Any other canucks in the same boat?

not from canada, but i too have not gotten my ps4 CE yet. i live in switzerland and they are shipping the CEs from poland apparently. they also cut the quantity by 30%.

Ban Puncher

It just past midnight here and after trying throughout the night, I was finally able to redeem my GZ code (PAL version).

Go go go.

MGO code still not working, probably won't until Online is actually up.

Top Bottom