• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

LiK

I contacted Konami directly about the MGO code and this was the response:

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support.

For PS4 the Metal Gear Online DLC from the Collector’s Edition will not be available until October 6, 2015. It will not showing up before Metal Gear Online is available. There is not a separate code for the Metal Gear Online content.

Best regards,

Laura
Customer Support Representative
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
Hours of Operation: 8:30am—5:00pm PST/PDT (M—F)

So I guess CE includes MGO but it won't show up until the release. I guess we're okay.

I got my PS4 CE from amazon today!

... except its the XBOX ONE VERSION

FFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The box has a mislabelled PS4 amazon stock sticker on it. I bet I'm not the only one who got screwed over :/

Chatting with them now...

mf.luder

My CE for Ps4 from Amazon.ca showed up today.

I received an email tonight from them with a promo code. This is what I should've received in the CE? Or this is something else?

So I guess CE includes MGO but it won't show up until the release. I guess we're okay.

Sorry I still have my doubts. Hopefully your right. My worry is they pull some bullshit like oh it's to late now sorry.

1337Sauce

My CE for Ps4 from Amazon.ca showed up today.

I received an email tonight from them with a promo code. This is what I should've received in the CE? Or this is something else?

The code you received tonight is what should have been included in the CE box itself.

MrFixIt

I received my codes from Amazon tonight. Judging by the way things went for me, I have a feeling that my chat with them is what straightened the whole thing out.

Reule

Thanks for contacting Konami but that still sounds off. We can be angry with Konami if October 6th comes about and we don't see MGO content in our Add-Ons.

LiK

Thanks for contacting Konami but that still sounds off. We can be angry with Konami if October 6th comes about and we don't see MGO content in our Add-Ons.

I can or someone else can ask Toshiro in GAF about it. he works for Konami. i'll do that later and hope his response is similar to CSR.

Same response I got....
Still iffy to me but until October 6th I'll just enjoy MGS5

Canucked

So Amazon.ca has charged me for the game, and this morning the emailed me the missing code. But they haven't sent the game...

Time to call.

ViolentP

I was able to successfully redeem my CE code and received all items within that code successfully aside from the MGO items. But I assume it should all be on the same code which gives me confidence the dlc will ultimately roll out.

LiK

I'm guessing the DLC was so screwed up for us that maybe the MGO stuff will just be included with all CE code activations once it goes live. they won't need to give away more codes that way.

wiibomb

I got my PS4 CE from amazon today!

... except its the XBOX ONE VERSION

FFUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The box has a mislabelled PS4 amazon stock sticker on it. I bet I'm not the only one who got screwed over :/

Chatting with them now...

who the hell can fuck up that? I mean.. they have even different color to differentiate them

amazon .ca or .com?

Well, I found it. http://www.vpd.fi/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-steelbook.html
Don't know why I didn't see it on my first try.

Just to confirm i amd from uk and just recieved my steelbook from the site. I paid by paypal and wrote a littlw note saying could it be possible to send to uk. Just paid normal postage too

OUmwcgO.jpg

Just to confirm i amd from uk and just recieved my steelbook from the site. I paid by paypal and wrote a littlw note saying could it be possible to send to uk. Just paid normal postage too

img]http://i.imgur.com/OUmwcgO.jpg[/img]

Interesting. my paypal address added Finland to the bottom of my address so I ended up not ordering 1 plus I am from the US.

RootCause

UPS lost my package!

I am cry
hope you're kidding. :(
That sucks!

Amazon didn't send me the dlc code. I want to contact them, but I feel like I'm bugging them too much. Should I contact them again?

Also, the Konami representative told me that they would help me out with the GZ dlc, but they're getting a ton of emails, it could be a while.

223hzy

Neo Member
Kevin: Thanks for the information Joseph, in regards to your question, if you are trying to add content that is not available on PS Store via voucher, you can go ahead and redeem it, however, the content will be available on your download list as soon as it is available on PS Store
Kevin: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: So although I don't see the items at the time I redeem my code, they will become available on my download list as soon as it is available on PS Store?
Kevin: That is correct Joseph, this content will become available as soon as it is released on PS Store.

So the PS support can support what Konami support said

fourstorks

Neo Member
Sorry if this question has been asked constantly but it's a thorn at my side at this point so I have to ask.

Has anyone successfully gotten the Mother Base staff DLC? The soldiers with the tattoos on their faces? I haven't gotten them yet, it's not in my PSN extras/DLC section. Are they gated by story progress or something?

You should also know, I never got a code to punch into the Konami Core website as I bought GZ day 1 digitally and I bought the Phantom Pain digitally.

Thanks. :\

OUmwcgO.jpg

Google translate only translates some things for me, none of the stuff about payment or shipping. Could you please write some kind of step by step instructions on this? I emailed them a few days before the game's release and haven't gotten a reply and that was ehat some people here in this thread had thought would be the best way to get international shipping.

Edit:

Sorry if this question has been asked constantly but it's a thorn at my side at this point so I have to ask.

Has anyone successfully gotten the Mother Base staff DLC? The soldiers with the tattoos on their faces? I haven't gotten them yet, it's not in my PSN extras/DLC section. Are they gated by story progress or something?

You should also know, I never got a code to punch into the Konami Core website as I bought GZ day 1 digitally and I bought the Phantom Pain digitally.

Thanks. :

I haven't gotten it to work, I have a physical disc with a launch code new I think, but since GZ came on PS+ I didn't bother entering it since I think I remember codes being automatically applied to digital copies.

The staff probably aren't even worth bothering with, the main joy of the GZ stuff was transferring all the POWs I saved and finally getting to see their faces even if they didn't play a big role or didn't have great stats. I think they are all automatically put on a "direct contract" so they can't be fired until you undo it. Unfortunately I think I didn't notice that until after firing a few, oh well. At least they were saved, huh?

Also, I think that I noticed someone say this before, but I think Glaz and Palitz, the "eye" and the "finger" had their code names switched in TPP, oh well, minor error I guess. Also, I think the guy formerly known as the finger doesn't have a wooden finger like the Kaz says in GZ, but that wasn't shown in that game either I don't think, so whatever, no big deal.

wiibomb

Google translate only translates some things for me, none of the stuff about payment or shipping. Could you please write some kind of step by step instructions on this? I emailed them a few days before the game's release and haven't gotten a reply and that was ehat some people here in this thread had thought would be the best way to get international shipping.

I've been trying to get info about the shipping too, I want to ship one to US, but there is nothing about it on site and none of the shipping options let me chose a country.

This is the only place I found with the steelbook

webkatt

hope you're kidding. :(
That sucks!

Amazon didn't send me the dlc code. I want to contact them, but I feel like I'm bugging them too much. Should I contact them again?

Also, the Konami representative told me that they would help me out with the GZ dlc, but they're getting a ton of emails, it could be a while.

Nope :-(

Sw15ImW.png

LaneDS

Any recommendations on where to find the Premium version? I realize I'll be, uh, paying a premium but am curious if there are any options better than the eBay prices.

Any recommendations on where to find the Premium version? I realize I'll be, uh, paying a premium but am curious if there are any options better than the eBay prices.

The premium package price in Japan is crazy right now. It's 75,000yen on Nippon-Yasan (shipping worldwide).
I bought it from them for 39,000yen plus EMS, and it's around 60,000 - 70,000yen in Amazon Japan.
There's also a R3 Asia region version but I don't know the price. It's very limited.

Top Bottom