• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So, I got my CE from Amazon yesterday and there are no codes. What should I do? Chat them and ask for them? Didn't get any emails.

So, I got my CE from Amazon yesterday and there are no codes. What should I do? Chat them and ask for them? Didn't get any emails.

I got my CE launch day from Amazon Canada and only today did they respond to my email asking for the codes. Still don't have one, but I'd email customer service.

Nattan

Just to confirm i amd from uk and just recieved my steelbook from the site. I paid by paypal and wrote a little note saying could it be possible to send to uk. Just paid normal postage too

Great that you got it! Can you give some more info about your order. What delivery option did you choose? The list from you can choose are all for domestic use.

Google translate only translates some things for me, none of the stuff about payment or shipping. Could you please write some kind of step by step instructions on this? I emailed them a few days before the game's release and haven't gotten a reply and that was ehat some people here in this thread had thought would be the best way to get international shipping.
They haven't responded to you? That's a bummer. I was pretty sure they would, because that is what they are telling to do, if you want to make an international order.

How about others who have tried to email them? I have been playing the game a LOT and haven't really followed this thread since the release date.

the3ye

Great that you got it! Can you give some more info about your order. What delivery option did you choose? The list from you can choose are all for domestic use.

They haven't responded to you? That's a bummer. I was pretty sure they would, because that is what they are telling to do, if you want to make an international order.

How about others who have tried to email them? I have been playing the game a LOT and haven't really followed this thread since the release date.
I just ordered straight to Canada, first shipping option €9.99 (this one is the only postal service, rest is some Finnish stuff). Address fields on the left filled with my Canadian address, no issues. Comment in checkout and paypal to ship it to Canada. Order confirmation says blablabla, address, my postal code, Canada, Suomi (Finland). If they email me on Monday, I'll post an update here.

I just used the standard post. Just make sure you add a note on your order before you pay...think thats quite important

Just roasted an Amazon rep, so at least I feel slightly better now:

Me: Then how do I receive my codes? I know for a fact through reading several different online forums that customers who bought their games from other online retailers have already received their codes via email. Best Buy customers have already received their codes via email. Gamestop customers have already received their codes via email.
And here I am, dealing with Amazon customer service on three separate occasions, and not a single Amazon representative has any clue what's going on with the codes.

Rep: I have forwarded your information over to Marketing and Promotions for you, so you can expect a response from them within 1 business day with the details of those codes.
Is there anything else I can check on for you today?

Me: Yes, could you check on why Amazon's customer service team doesn't know anything about the codes while apparently Amazon's direct competitors have already sent the codes to their customers?

The premium package price in Japan is crazy right now. It's 75,000yen on Nippon-Yasan (shipping worldwide).
I bought it from them for 39,000yen plus EMS, and it's around 60,000 - 70,000yen in Amazon Japan.
There's also a R3 Asia region version but I don't know the price. It's very limited.

Man that's insane. Glad I preordered mine came out to roughly $360~ with shipping all together from the Konami Store then shipped through White Rabbit.

Savitar

I got my collectors edition today and didn't see any codes. How do I get my codes if I ordered from Amazon?

They sent me a code last week.

Probably because I chewed them out due to the game not releasing when it should and if I would even get a copy.

So to get this straight for me, how many codes should be included and which? My CE (Dutch) came with two codes. Namely the 'day one additional content' and 'metal gear online additional content' codes. Is that all that should be included? If not, what am I missing?

Hasney

So to get this straight for me, how many codes should be included and which? My CE (Dutch) came with two codes. Namely the 'day one additional content' and 'metal gear online additional content' codes. Is that all that should be included? If not, what am I missing?

Yup, that's all of it

I just ordered straight to Canada, first shipping option €9.99 (this one is the only postal service, rest is some Finnish stuff). Address fields on the left filled with my Canadian address, no issues. Comment in checkout and paypal to ship it to Canada. Order confirmation says blablabla, address, my postal code, Canada, Suomi (Finland). If they email me on Monday, I'll post an update here.

I ordered Sunday, added a not specifying New York, USA but I haven't gotten a response. Have you?

nemisis0

Your good, the day one edition code has all of the collectors edition DLC and the day one DLC.

What is the best way to get in contact with Best Buy about this? I never got my code. I contacted Konami support (via email ticket) and they told me to talk to Best Buy, but I'm not finding an online support page.

With a pm from Valkyri von Thanatos asking about the steelbook situation on that finnish website i will go over the steps on how i obtained it

1. Putting it in basket and go to checkout

2. Make sure you choose economy shipping (standard shipping). Since i did not see international shipping i just selected the standard.

3. Pay by paypal and write a note explaining that you would it be possible for international shipping

4. Wait for delivery

Bear in mind i did not send any previous emails asking if all this would be possible i just went and done it blind.

Hope this all makes sense for anyone who wants steelbook and good luck!

wiibomb

With a pm from Valkyri von Thanatos asking about the steelbook situation on that finnish website i will go over the steps on how i obtained it

2. Make sure you choose economy shipping (standard shipping). Since i did not see international shipping i just selected the standard.

3. Pay by paypal and write a note explaining that you would it be possible for international shipping

4. Wait for delivery

Bear in mind i did not send any previous emails asking if all this would be possible i just went and done it blind.

nice to know, thanks

did anyone on US order it this way?

Hasney

Did anyone else that ordered from Game get a poster delivered recently? Just got this today.

lf9h3tJ.jpg

Don't know if it was an apology for all the cock ups with me or if everyone's getting them

Vanguard

Did anyone else that ordered from Game get a poster delivered recently? Just got this today.

Don't know if it was an apology for all the cock ups with me or if everyone's getting them

It was a preorder bonus.

My poster also arrived today... "Please do not bend", seems reasonable.

SM3Bsd4h.jpg

nskuaoTh.jpg

It's probably fine (not opened it yet)... just, I'm amused and bewildered.

It was a preorder bonus.

My poster also arrived today... "Please do not bend", seems reasonable.

SM3Bsd4h.jpg

nskuaoTh.jpg

It's probably fine (not opened it yet)... just, I'm amused and bewildered.

*sigh* This was my biggest worry with it, but I'm stunned that mine arrived pristine (sorry). It helped that my postie didn't attempt to jam it through the letterbox, in fact he had to drop it off at a neighbour's house instead because I had my headphones on, playing MGSV and was too distracted to hear the door knock!

Vaga

4. Wait for delivery

Is economy the first one one from the list?

gfkbbvsahn.png

Also did you complete your address when checking out? There is no box to specify country.

Nattan

Is economy the first one one from the list?

Also did you complete your address when checking out? There is no box to specify country.
Yes, the first one is the most basic. You should mention your country and the international shipping thing in the comment box.

goldenpp72

So I just opened up my CE for the first time (was debating if I wanted to keep it) and there are no codes. I got it from Bestbuy (online) so what is missing and what can I do about it? Sorry if this is answered, just kinda annoying to sink 80 bucks on something and not have it all be there :/

On Demand

Banned
So I just opened up my CE for the first time (was debating if I wanted to keep it) and there are no codes. I got it from Bestbuy (online) so what is missing and what can I do about it? Sorry if this is answered, just kinda annoying to sink 80 bucks on something and not have it all be there :/

The code is sent to your email.

Those who got a normal edition from Amazon UK might want to check how much they were charged. I was charged £50, when it was being sold at £42 on release. So I've phoned up to make sure I got my £8 back! I probably could have caused a stink to get Amazon Credit too, but I didn't.

So Metal Gear Online is out and I'm not seeing any of the CE DLC items, can anyone confirm that the codes sent from Amazon or Best Buy had the Metal Gear Online DLC included or are with SOL when it comes to those.

Top Bottom