• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

r93PqfG.png

I pre-ordered on July 31st when they re-opened it to get the GCU discount. I don't wanna have to go grab a second copy. If some people are already getting backorder notices I feel like I'm screwed! haha

malfcn

PSY・S;176732447 said:
It moved! Mine was further back earlier today. Fingers crossed.

lfjnrS.png

March 9th? I got mine in the 19th - I thought that was the first day on BBY site.

Mine still processing.

Toparaman

Banned
How do they just forget to put in DLC codes?

I didn't buy the CE for the DLC, but I will be pissed if any of the physical items are missing or messed up.

Right now Amazon.com is saying my collector's edition is processing but it won't be in my hands till a week later because I live overseas. It doesn't bother me though because I have the digital version to play till then.

//ARCANUM

r93PqfG.png

I pre-ordered on July 31st when they re-opened it to get the GCU discount. I don't wanna have to go grab a second copy. If some people are already getting backorder notices I feel like I'm screwed! haha

I have a gut feeling that they have a system that systematically goes through and changes order status 1 by 1 in order of purchase. If people who purchased on day 1 are getting moved to backordered, I think it's only a matter of time until us July 31sters get put there too. :/

Caode

Well thankfully mine is sitting in the store room of the local GAME ready to be collected on Tuesday morning.

Pretty bad fuck up on Konami's behalf, although I would expect nothing less of them at this stage.

robotrock

Banned
Amazon US said my copy of Ground Zeroes was coming on release date until the day of release, when they then updated the delivery estimate to the next day. I was an Amazon prime member at the time and had picked release date shipping so I was kinda pissed!

I just got off the chat with an Amazon.ca rep and they said that people in Toronto should be guaranteed release-day arrival if you ordered the 1 or 2 day shipping option. My order page updated to reflect this information shortly afterwards, so I guess Torontonians are safe at least?

I just got off the chat with an Amazon.ca rep and they said that people in Toronto should be guaranteed release-day arrival if you ordered the 1 or 2 day shipping option. My order page updated to reflect this information shortly afterwards, so I guess Torontonians are safe at least?

Im in Edmonton and the rep I spoke to said there is supply issues but that my order will arrive by Sept 1

Lol. Sure.

Rndm

I hope that this won't effect Europe (amazon in particular) but if it will I hope that they will handle it like WB handled the situation when the CE for Arkham Knight got delayed and everyone got a code for the digitial copy of the game and the pre-order codes as well as a 10€ voucher for the games section on amazon even before the release date.

Communication is key now!

Oh damn, it's Konami.. well. Good luck to us.

FStop7

Banned
I managed to get a pre-order in for a copy of the Xbone version of the CE from Amazon. Now I'm wondering if I should just cancel it. If it's fucked up I don't even want it. I'll just cancel it and get the PS4 digital version.

Things have fallen to the point where not only are the games a buggy mess at launch, so is the packaging.

Best Buy order says "In-Progress" and the status is "Preordered". Ordered on Mar 19! As long as it doesn't say "Backordered" I'm good, right?

-Stryder-

The bar has moved and it says "Not shipped yet"
I'm able to change my shipping address still.

It hasn't shipped yet guys

sjay1994

I'm in toronoto. And I am a prime member. They told me it won't arrive until september 14th

Maddocks

Anyone order from gamestop in the US and get shipping info or updates? I called them and they said everything is shipping on schedule. Just want to make sure I'm not getting played like a fiddle.

Anyone order from gamestop in the US and get shipping info or updates? I called them and they said everything is shipping on schedule. Just want to make sure I'm not getting played like a fiddle.

Haven't gotten any shipping update or info from my order. Credit card was charged yesterday but the order still shows "Open' under the status.

Just checked my in-store order through GameStop and it's still sitting at an "open" status for the time being. Made the purchase back on March 13th so I'm deeply hoping that it'll arrive on the release date after dishing out the extra coin for one-day shipping. In regard to all the missing DLC concerns, how has this issue been resolved in past cases?

Just checked my in-store order through GameStop and it's still sitting at an "open" status for the time being. Made the purchase back on March 13th so I'm deeply hoping that it'll arrive on the release date after dishing out the extra coin for one-day shipping. In regard to all the missing DLC concerns, how has this issue been resolved in past cases?

Codes are usually sent in an email to the people that ordered collector's editions.

Same here. They probably won't ship until saturday or monday though.

Yeah I am going to keep an eye out though just in case any issues pop up this weekend.

maltrain

OK. So we made the unboxing of the Collector's Edition on YouTube yesterday and we noticed they didn't have DLC codes anywhere.

We talked to Konami and they gave us an answer: because of an error on the process, PS4 editions don't have DLC codes on the box. Xbox One editions have them.

Next week, Konami will send us the DLC codes for giving them to our clients. I suppose this will happen on every retailer.

So... GREAT NEWS. :)

Revan

OK. So we made the unboxing of the Collector's Edition on YouTube yesterday and we noticed they didn't have DLC codes anywhere.

We talked to Konami and they gave us an answer: because of an error on the process, PS4 editions don't have DLC codes on the box. Xbox One editions have them.

Next week, Konami will send us the DLC codes for giving them to our clients. I suppose this will happen on every retailer.

So... GREAT NEWS. :)

So what you are saying is that I'll get the codes from my retailer on my receipt then instead of in the box?

Top Bottom