• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
OK. So we made the unboxing of the Collector's Edition on YouTube yesterday and we noticed they didn't have DLC codes anywhere.

We talked to Konami and they gave us an answer: because of an error on the process, PS4 editions don't have DLC codes on the box. Xbox One editions have them.

Next week, Konami will send us the DLC codes for giving them to our clients. I suppose this will happen on every retailer.

So... GREAT NEWS. :)

Thanks for the update.

The PS4 CE did have the map though, correct? It was just the codes.

OK. So we made the unboxing of the Collector's Edition on YouTube yesterday and we noticed they didn't have DLC codes anywhere.

We talked to Konami and they gave us an answer: because of an error on the process, PS4 editions don't have DLC codes on the box. Xbox One editions have them.

Next week, Konami will send us the DLC codes for giving them to our clients. I suppose this will happen on every retailer.

Thanks. Added to the OP

Raziel

Did you ever open the acutal game case?

tsunam1

Neo Member
AMAZON.CA

Reshma: I have checked with this and I see that the order status is till Pending Fulfillment .
In this case, you should receive the order once it is released.
Me: So this mean there's no problem with the stocks?
Reshma: No. As there is no update on this order.
Me: Are you usually prompt to notify us if you have any problem with stocks?
are you in a position to verify if there's a problem with a distribution center.
or tell me where its gonna be sent from
Reshma: Right now this item is not in stock. < --- you can start to panic.
However, you have already placed the order. So you shouldn't have any problem.
Me: My problem would only be if amazon doesn't receive the item from the supplier. We're getting close to release and you should have it in stock right now so that's what is getting me worried.
Reshma: In this case, I'll add notes on this order to ship this item at any cost.
Would this be fine for you?
Me: what will happen in this case?
Reshma: Our inventory department would be able to look into this and procure the item for you.
Me: That would be great Reshma, would appreciate it alot to be in the known about the stock. I'm still a faithful customer.
when would i get a response?
Reshma: I really wish you receive the order at the earliest.
You'd receive an email confirmation once it is shipped.
Me: will they tell me if it happens they're still waiting after the supplier?
Reshma: I'm afraid no. You wouldn't receive any such email as our inventory department don't have customer support.

That's the best i could get out of amazon chat atm. Not reassuring....

Caja 117

My amazon preorder changed it says now "we are preparing your order and carrier information will be updated soon" I still have tuesday afternoon for delivery.

jackdoe

AMAZON.CA

Reshma: I have checked with this and I see that the order status is till Pending Fulfillment .
In this case, you should receive the order once it is released.
Me: So this mean there's no problem with the stocks?
Reshma: No. As there is no update on this order.
Me: Are you usually prompt to notify us if you have any problem with stocks?
are you in a position to verify if there's a problem with a distribution center.
or tell me where its gonna be sent from
Reshma: Right now this item is not in stock. < --- you can start to panic.
However, you have already placed the order. So you shouldn't have any problem.
Me: My problem would only be if amazon doesn't receive the item from the supplier. We're getting close to release and you should have it in stock right now so that's what is getting me worried.
Reshma: In this case, I'll add notes on this order to ship this item at any cost.
Would this be fine for you?
Me: what will happen in this case?
Reshma: Our inventory department would be able to look into this and procure the item for you.
Me: That would be great Reshma, would appreciate it alot to be in the known about the stock. I'm still a faithful customer.
when would i get a response?
Reshma: I really wish you receive the order at the earliest.
You'd receive an email confirmation once it is shipped.
Me: will they tell me if it happens they're still waiting after the supplier?
Reshma: I'm afraid no. You wouldn't receive any such email as our inventory department don't have customer support.

That's the best i could get out of amazon chat atm. Not reassuring....
You're talking to a customer service rep named Reshma. That alone should tell you that the chat has been outsourced and will probably not get you anywhere in terms of obtaining new information.

Here's my transcript from Amazon.ca

Here's a copy of the chat transcript you requested:

Initial Question: Shipping date question

01:45 PM PDT Amazon: Hello, my name is Vishal. I'll be happy to help you.
01:45 PM PDT Jeff Meier: Hi Vishal
01:45 PM PDT Amazon: Hi Jeff.
01:46 PM PDT Amazon: How may I assist you today?
01:46 PM PDT Jeff Meier: I have an item ordered that I have been told will ship out tomorrow to be delivered by Tuesday September 1
01:47 PM PDT Jeff Meier: However the order still has no estimated delivery date
I asked yesterday and they said they were forwarding my issue to the stock team but I haven't heard back
I am worried my item will not ship on time
01:47 PM PDT Amazon: There is no problem with your order.
01:48 PM PDT Amazon: We are expecting the delivery at September 1 for you.

01:48 PM PDT Jeff Meier: Is there a reason there is no delivery date then?
The rest of my orders all have date/time on them
This one says: Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
01:50 PM PDT Amazon: There was some stocking issue since it is a collectors edition but I am assuring you'll have it as soon as it releases.
01:50 PM PDT Jeff Meier: Ok, and release is September 1?
01:51 PM PDT Amazon: Yes,Jeff.

01:51 PM PDT Jeff Meier: Thanks very much
01:51 PM PDT Amazon: You're welcome.
is there anything else?
01:51 PM PDT Jeff Meier: That's all
01:52 PM PDT Amazon: It was a pleasure assisting you today! We look forward to seeing you again soon. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. Otherwise, you can click the *End Chat* button on the top right corner of this window.
Thank you.

wiibomb

as long as they do not delay this, I'll forgive them..
even when they had PLENTY of time to make this well

as long as I can play the game ASAP, I'm all good

SnowHawk

I know it's not the same game but Amazon still haven't shipped my One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Doflamango Edition and it's out tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure whomever created these collectors editions are having issues.

tsunam1

Neo Member
You're talking to a customer service rep named Reshma. That alone should tell you that the chat has been outsourced and will probably not get you anywhere in terms of obtaining new information.

Yes it was exactly my feeling that i was speaking with somebody from India. Oh well i was still hopeful. At least I got a note flagged on my order that might help.

Einhandr

So, I asked Amazon.ca again about it.

This time they said they have no idea when their supplier will give them CE's.

I'm not surprised. Essentially, as far as videogames go, all of Canada is supplied by the same distributor. They could possibly be juggling allocation around for their accounts.

What about the missing physical map?

Maybe one of those $20 credits I've been hearing about? ;)

My BB CE preorder still says in progress. Is that good? US btw

Ordered mine on March 19th, status is still "processing".

blueweltall

Neo Member

What about the missing physical map?

Servantes

Neo Member
I have a message back from the retailer here in The Netherlands where i have the CE ordered.
And that said the producer said they aint gonna ship out to the Benelux.
They where going to check if they could import or something extra with a normal version i hear the final answer about how they gonna handle it later this week.
Had it ordered since 15-3-2015 :(

sjay1994

I'm not surprised. Essentially, as far as videogames go, all of Canada is supplied by the same distributor. They could possibly be juggling allocation around for their accounts.

Maybe one of those $20 credits I've been hearing about? ;)

Its the second time I asked, the first time they said it would ship around Sept 14-21st

Reading other Gaffers story's, some reps are telling them there is no problem, and the game will ship on the 1st. Other stories they have no idea.

This is incredibly concerning.

Its the second time I asked, the first time they said it would ship around Sept 14-21st

Reading other Gaffers story's, some reps are telling them there is no problem, and the game will ship on the 1st. Other stories they have no idea.

This is incredibly concerning.

2 scenarios:

1. The Amazon reps know which orders are delayed (hence the 'dont know when we will receive supply ' and 'sept 14-21' answers) and which ones are shipping on time (which is why some are assured it will arrive on time

2. No one knows anything and are just bullshitting all of us

I'm going with option 2

sjay1994

2 scenarios:

1. The Amazon reps know which orders are delayed (hence the 'dont know when we will receive supply ' and 'sept 14-21' answers) and which ones are shipping on time (which is why some are assured it will arrive on time

2. No one knows anything and are just bullshitting all of us

I'm going with option 2

I just want to already be a demon :(

-Stryder-

If you're freaking out because your amazon package has not yet shipped -- it usually ships the day before when you pre-order a game. That's how every pre-order I ever got from amazon shipped and I always got it on time.

If you're freaking out because your amazon package has not yet shipped -- it usually ships the day before when you pre-order a game. That's how every pre-order I ever got from amazon shipped and I always got it on time.

I think it depends where you are. Mine ship on Friday for a Tuesday delivery.

But yeah it's too early to be checking shipping status yet. As long as you have a delivery date you should be fine

sjay1994

No, we are freaking out because Amazon sent us emails saying they have no idea where the CE's are.

Oni3298

Luckily my Amazon order says "Arriving Tuesday by 8pm" so I guess I lucked out. Sorry to anyone having to deal with stock issues or whatever. D:

Still annoying bout the codes, I'm assuming Amazon will just have to email them out.

My Tiny Arm Edition is still in processing (Best Buy, US, PS4, ordered 7/31).

I don't trust it, though, so I've got one ready for store pickup just in case. I tried ordering a regular Day One Edition for shipping...and it was immediately put on back order. So if any of you guys are in the US and want a back-up copy, might wanna hop to it.

My US BB preorder still says processing and expected release date is still 9/1... I swear I might just preorder on psn just to be safe.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What the fuck is going on with this game? Best Buy is sold out online of both PS4 and X1 editions of the regular game?
jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

Called CS and changed my payment method. They allowed me to change it to Store Pickup.

I had an order for a game a while back that didn't have an option for in store pick up called them to change it for me. On release day I went to pick it up they had it on their shipping log that they were receiving it and they never got it so they had to refund me 2 weeks after trying to get it in store.

I'd be wary if I were you.

Top Bottom