• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Amazon is still showing my order as good, but I'm probably going to go pre-order a SE at gamestop tomorrow just in case they decide to give mine to someone else.

Predwolf

PSY・S;176756175 said:
Cause

1. Big Boss' arm is cool as heck
2. Kojima would want me to have it and also thinks it's cool as heck
3. it's cool as fuck i want it. even if it's the inferior arm. also, what? the larger arm edition is way more expensive.
4. only $40 extra and includes everything else

Just because it's the inferior version doesn't mean it's worse.

We should all know this by now.

leng jai

PSY・S;176756175 said:
Cause

1. Big Boss' arm is cool as heck
2. Kojima would want me to have it and also thinks it's cool as heck
3. it's cool as fuck i want it. even if it's the inferior arm. also, what? the larger arm edition is way more expensive.
4. only $40 extra and includes everything else

Disagree that it's cool as heck. I wasn't talking about the arm (both versions are terrible) but the steelbook. In Australia the street price of the standard game will be $69-$79 while the CE goes for $250 so pretty much one of the worst deals I've ever seen.

By all means get it you want. I'm just saying it's a terrible effort for a CE in my opinion for one of the biggest franchises around. I'm getting the MGS5 console and pissed that they didn't include the silver steelbook with it.

Boke1879

Yeah I ordered mine during the Best Buy restock on July 31, am I pretty much screwed?

Thank god my copy for Konami is on its way.

Yea I ordered mine on the restock and I haven't gotten charged for payment yet. It still says processing. I sent BB an email tonight.

If it comes in late I may just cancel and preorder on PSN. I really wanted that Blu Ray documentary. Hopefully if it doesn't pan out I can buy this down the line.

Artex

Banned
A Google search away: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep8lMiu0k2o

edit: To really get turned on watch the unboxing of the CE console: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOACApi-Qe4 - Warning, slight map spoilers.

0HLIhZ0.jpg

fritzo

I don't get the hate for the arm in the CE. If it were the full scale arm 1) there would be less of them and 2) it cost way more. With a smaller cheaper arm more fans can get it. Or maybe they should've made a working idroid, kinda like the pip boy.

D-Stubbs

Right now I got two CE's preordered. One from Best Buy and one from Amazon. Best Buy one is still on "processing" with a Sept. 1st release date while my Amazon one says estimated date of Sept. 7th - 8th. Got two in case one fails and if I wound up with two my roommate was gonna buy the other. Now I'm worried for both of them. Ugh can't be easy can it.

I don't get the hate for the arm in the CE. If it were the full scale arm 1) there would be less of them and 2) it cost way more. With a smaller cheaper arm more fans can get it. Or maybe they should've made a working idroid, kinda like the pip boy.
They made a full scale arm for the Japanese release though. I would have preferred that. It's an awesome Dual Shock 4 holder.

Sushigod7

My Amazon order still good to go I just want the game Tuesday so will get SE from retail if I have too. Also baby bionic arm FTW !!!

Ridley327

They made a full scale arm for the Japanese release though. I would have preferred that. It's an awesome Dual Shock 4 holder.

It does come at a rather high cost, literally. As awesome as it looks, I don't think I could ever see myself parting with ~$400 for it.

RootCause

Me either. It's a pretty cool looking LE. What I don't get is the multiple Steelbooks, as a collector, I want to get them all. :p

//ARCANUM

My July 31st BB preorder is STILL not back ordered.... There's no method to this madness. Just rip off the bandaid already please.

Reule

I got an email yesterday saying it was shipped. (PS4 CE) The tracking number they gave me is bogus due to some technical glitch according to the chat representative. It says UPS. I have the same estimated delivery date as you too.
That is weird. I'll have to check my e-mail to see if I have anything. I'm hoping that estimated delivery is just to be safe and a good chance it could come Tuesday. I haven't ordered anything from Target.com as far as games go so this will be my first and last time if it doesn't work out. That wouldn't be too fair since it seems this CE might be some trouble.

That is weird. I'll have to check my e-mail to see if I have anything. I'm hoping that estimated delivery is just to be safe and a good chance it could come Tuesday. I haven't ordered anything from Target.com as far as games go so this will be my first and last time if it doesn't work out. That wouldn't be too fair since it seems this CE might be some trouble.

I have ordered a couple things from Target.com without issue. I was hoping since it shipped out yesterday that it would be here before release day. I'm more concerned about the missing DLC codes that others are talking about in this thread.

My July 31st BB preorder is STILL not back ordered.... There's no method to this madness. Just rip off the bandaid already please.

Is there a chance they are holding the PS4 preorders until Konami sends codes over for DLC?

Has anyone ordered from Best Buy for XB1? If so any updates to share?

Gaffi

Anyone from Amazon US with Prime shipping have there's ship yet? Mine is still preparing shipment... I imagine it'll ship out Fri/Sat though.

Broank

Honestly all I care about is the Behind the scenes Blu-ray and the bionic arm to hold my earbuds on my desk.

I'll probably get the xbox one version of the game too if my PS4 CE isn't delivered on the release day. That way I can play while I'm waiting and later on do some multiplayer with a couple friends who are on xbox when that comes out. I'm sure I'll also get the Steam version too when it goes on sale. lol

In Australia the street price of the standard game will be $69-$79 while the CE goes for $250 so pretty much one of the worst deals I've ever seen.

Holy Hell! I feel for you guys. I got the CE for $80 with Best Buy GCU. lol

Hydra632

Are any physical stores going to be carrying stock of the CE for non preorders? Missed the boat and am hoping I can find some store to camp to get my hands on this.

I had 6 pre ordered at one time for friends but they backed out since they thought the arm was a 1:1 scale lol, I wish we got that version :(

Wonder if they will be super rare now
All I have is my xbox one pre order so I might just keep it sealed and play the ps4 copy I'm getting with my system :3

Are any physical stores going to be carrying stock of the CE for non preorders? Missed the boat and am hoping I can find some store to camp to get my hands on this.

On Sunday or Monday you should check amazon since they will cancel orders if someone doesn't have the funds to pay for it
Usually people just pre order with no intention of buying on amazon or they just don't have the cash and the order gets cancelled
Amazon then puts the cancelled orders for sale

Loakum

Banned
I'm starting to feel a bit miffed. I see everyone who pre ordered it on March 9th (from Amazon USA) are getting it delivered on the game's launch, even if they're not prime members. I pre ordered mine on March 9th as well, but it says delivery estimate is between Sept 7 - Sept 11. :/

I never buy any CE i think they are a scam. But I only bought this one because i love MGS and Kojima. And wanted to have the CE of very last MGS game. Hopefully amazon don't mess up my order if so I will cancel it and just get it from best buy. Even though I have GCU i still bought from amazon because CE sold out on bestbuy.

I never buy any CE i think they are a scam. But I only bought this one because i love MGS and Kojima. And wanted to have the CE of very last MGS game. Hopefully amazon don't mess up my order if so I will cancel it and just get it from best buy. Even though I have GCU i still bought from amazon because CE sold out on bestbuy.

Same thing here.

I was going back and forth on canceling my CE, but then I thought what if that hand can hold up my Dualshock 4. It would look nice on my desk!😍😍

I ordered my PS4 CE ($99) from Amazon.com on August 10th, and the status is Tuesday by 8pm. Can't believe others who ordered way earlier are having such trouble.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So I ordered my CE from Best Buy on July 31st and there's still no progress on my order, still says "processing". Is there any hope? I just don't see how anyone who ordered before me could get "back ordered" while I'd still receive mine. Anyone have any clue as to what the hell is going on, or is this thread still in confusion and chaos?

Top Bottom