• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft needs more exclusives throughout the year

Boke1879

The Uncharted game is not DLC. It is a stand alone game as long as the original Uncharted, but fair even removing the DLC do you think Tacoma and Super Lucky's Tale push Xbox over? Those two game don't like anything special and might be shorter than those DLCs you removed.

And what do you mean about Destiny 2? Bungie already said there is no special performance improvements for the XOX and Sony has an exclusivity deal for more content inlcuding Strikes, so PS4 is the place to go.

How can you say nothing Sony has will make you turn it on when MS has games that are almost of the same quality if not worse? How can you say they dropped the ball when MS is the one with the new console and only Forza and Crackdown to show for it.

That in a year where Sony has already released some of the best games of the gen and MS has done nothing of real note.

Be realistic.

You know what they are trying to do

ch4fx_

Bloodborne is not for everyone, far from it. If one for example hates Souls games this won't be for him/her. It's a great game though like the Souls games.

Totally agree with this, they sadly aren't for everyone. However, the poster I quoted made an obnoxious statement, I was just pointing out that his statement was 100% wrong.

Hedon

Banned
Totally agree with this, they sadly aren't for everyone. However, the poster I quoted made an obnoxious statement, I was just pointing out that his statement was 100% wrong.

That seems pretty selective. Why didn't you point out the previous statement stating the opposite was also wrong. (no need to answer that, we know why).

Definitely true yeah. I mean I loved Uncharted 4 personally, Ratchet is great, Horizon too and so on. So with that in mind someone would definitely be missing out on some quality games, it wouldn't be the end of the world but that's a different thing altogether. :)

As for Ni No Kuni 2, yep I clearly meant as console exclusive. I know it's coming to PC and I would assume porting it to Xbox wouldn't be too hard but I guess more things come into play here.

Luckydog

I think it wasn't, because your opinion is subjective, and MC score is not.

Also, it's like saying that I should skip Super Mario Odyssey because Knack was released 4 years ago :)

A metacritic score isnt subjective? It is an actual group of subjective opinions. In some cases its a metric assigned to a subjective score. But this is off the point, believe what makes you happy.

No worries man, we have noted your opinion. Just because not everyone agrees with you, there is no need to get upset. BTW, source as to where Bungie stated that X1X will not get ANY enhancements over the PS Pro version.

Find someone that can prove to me how Tacoma and Super Lucky's Tale will make XOX a system seller over PS4 Pro and I'll eat a hat. I sure Knack 2 will sell better than those two and that game is not even that great.

It's not only about opinion when a majority of people notice the drought and even make threads about it.

And if you do a quick search on google you'll see that Bungie has no specifics planned for Destiny 2 and XOX at the moment. I never said they will never have"will not get ANY enhancements over the PS Pro version" so stop making shit up. Even then any real fan of Destiny would not wait until November to get the system to see if it performs better on XOX when you have the PC version coming sooner. On top of Sony having exclusive content.

DrArchon

At the very least Microsoft should allow some of its studios to make more brand new IPs. Sea of Thieves looks fantastic, but look at Microsoft's other studios. 343 is going to be making Halo games until the heat death of the universe, The Coalition isn't going to stop making Gears of War games ever, and Turn 10 will only ever make various Forza games. Hell, two of these studios were created to make these specific series go on forever, and you know this because they were NAMED after stuff in those games.

Compare this to Nintendo, who allowed the Mario Kart team to make Arms. They could have very easily said "Nah, we actually want a new Mario Kart for Switch instead of a port of the Wii U version" and it probably would've sold way more than Arms, but they still let them go out on a limb and make a brand new IP in a genre that Nintendo really doesn't have a lot of experience with. I could never see Microsoft doing something like that.

Getting some more new IP blood in their veins wouldn't necessarily solve their problem of not having a lot of exclusive titles, but for someone that's fallen away from Halo and Gears and doesn't really see a reason to go back, it'd do a lot to make Microsoft's platform look a lot more interesting.

MrS

Banned
But it is true though.

• Knack 2
  • GT Sport
  • All multiplatform games

Remaining 2017 PS4 console exclusives still to release as of last week:

Patapon Remastered
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
LawBreakers
Everybody's Golf
Matterfall
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Windjammers
Yakuza Kiwami
Knack 2
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
GT Sport

Not a bad list of games. Consider the games that have already released on PS4 this year and it's been an amazing year.

64bitbros

But we know that is not true, because not all Xbox games are on PC, and not all Xbox games will be on PC. So that debunked your claim.

So THAT is a weird thing to say.

Which games are exclusive to the Xbox console that are not also available on PC? Everything on your fall wishlist that you posted a few pages earlier i can buy on PC and most not even on Windows 10 store. You cannot buy Uncharted: LL, Matterfall, GT Sports, Knack 2, Everybody's golf on PC. This is a fact.

So its not actually a wierd thing to say.

Hedon

Banned
Find someone that can prove to me how Tacoma and Super Lucky's Tale will make XOX a system seller over PS4 Pro and I'll eat a hat. I sure Knack 2 will sell better than those two and that game is not even that great.

It's not only about opinion when a majority of people notice the drought and even make threads about it.

And if you do a quick search on google you'll see that Bungie has no specifics planned for Destiny 2 and XOX at the moment. I never said they will never have"will not get ANY enhancements over the PS Pro version" so stop making shit up. Even then any real fan of Destiny would not wait until November to get the system to see if it performs better on XOX when you have the PC version coming sooner. On top of Sony having exclusive content.

You tell me not to make shit up, and in the same post you talk about Tacoma bringing up Xbox sales, as well as Super Lucky Tale? I never claimed it would increase sales. So yeah, stop making shit up.

Sony's exclusive content is timed exclusive. And I will take better graphics and performance over some timed strikes or raids. Am I not allowed to have a preference?

Remaining 2017 PS4 console exclusives still to release as of last week:

Patapon Remastered
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
LawBreakers
Everybody's Golf
Cities: Skylines
Matterfall
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Windjammers
Yakuza Kiwami
Knack 2
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
GT Sport
Cities: Skylines came out on Xbox One ages ago...

Guymelef

You are underestimating Tacoma it has sold like 8000 copies on steam on its first 10 days!!!

Yeah, PS4's console exclusive lineup in the first half of 2017 is nothing short of insane:

- Gravity Rush 2
- Yakuza 0
- Nioh
- Nier Automata
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Persona 5
- Crash Bandicoot
- Nex Machina
- Pyre
- Hellblade

Vs. the following on Xbox
- Halo Wars 2
- Tacoma

Crash Bandicoot isn't a console exclusive. It's only a timed exclusive for Sony.

Oh yay, another MS concern thread along with lists.

PS4 output from third parties, while refreshingly amazing, is the anomaly. Or do you all have extremely short term memories to not remember how crappy Sony's output was last year?

Or are you expecting another Persona, Horizon, and Nioh to grace your shelves in the first quarter next year?

First half of 2018 looks pretty exciting, but even then, first half of 2016 was fantastic for the PS4.

Funny thing about your list.

Sony themselves only made 2 games there.

Microsoft none.

For all the first party output talk that goes on, Sony doesn't actually output that much more than Microsoft when all is said and done.

Ironically Nintendo probably puts out more than both combined. Just not on the console everyone wants them to.

Sony's output is significantly more than MS's, and that's not really up for debate.

This is all of 2017 for MS:

Crackdown 3
Fable Fortune
Forza Motorsport 7
Halo Wars 2
Phantom Dust
Super Lucky's Tale
Vodoo Vince: Remastered

This is all of 2017 for Sony:

Drawn to Death
Everybody's Golf
Farpoint
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
Hidden Agenda
Horizon Zero Dawn
Locoroco Remastered
Locoroco 2 Remastered
Knack 2
Knowledge is Power
Malicious Fallen (Published by Sony Interactive Entertainment in North America)
Matterfall
MLB The Show 17
Nioh (Worldwide except Japan)
Parappa the Rapper Remastered
Patapon Remastered
SingStar Celebration
StarBlood Arena
Stifled
That's You!
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Wipeout Omega Collection

Compare that to 2014 when both had around the same amount of games, and MS's quality was better overall compared to where it is now.

Rncewind

whats the sense in this topic anyways? To exclaim that microsoft "needs" more exclusives you must show proof this is the problem. If exclusives where the make all of a plattform so many would have not flopped.

Probably because Sony has more exclusives then any other console right now.

dont feed the troll

You tell me not to make shit up, and in the same post you talk about Tacoma bringing up Xbox sales, as well as Super Lucky Tale? I never claimed it would increase sales. So yeah, stop making shit up.

Sony's exclusive content is timed exclusive. And I will take better graphics and performance over some timed strikes or raids. Am I not allowed to have a preference?

It's not about having a preference. It's about people saying MS has a great line up that leaves Sony's fall lineup in shame.

I don't see it and a lot of people don't see it. Those two games, Tacoma and Super Lucky's Tale, seem to be the only 2 titles that make a real difference in how those lineups look and they don't seem like really amazing games at all so there is a bit of hyperbole there.

Sony's exlcusive content is for one year. A raid or strike make all the difference, have you played Destiny? because you'd know how much of a difference it makes. You are allowed to have a preference, but that doesn't mean that preference is better when PS4 will have more content earlier and PC will have the better graphics and performance still earlier than XOX.

I actually tried to make my PC like my PS4 last night but my hdmi cord was not long enough and I will need to get a wireless dongle too haha but still, I think the Switch can match PS4 later on if it can get more wii U games on there with extra content like they did with MK8 so in the end you may not need to get a wii U to play its games, just wait for now. My PC is mainly used for school and tutoring so it doesnt have expensive hardware in there but also because I couldnt really afford it but I can play my favourite classics like age of empires and old starwars games and indies that haven't come to PS4 and lots of other games I didn't know about before I found on Steam reccomendations. I really like the Switch for its portability too but I still think PS4 is a little better edge simply because it has lots of games right now, I'm just glad I am lucky enough to have all these gaming platforms but it also makes me wonder about Xbox which is why I came to this thread lol.

:)

Cool you entered a new world.

By the way you can buy really long and great HDMI cables not that expensive actually all the way up to 10 meters works. I wouldn't recommend trying to go at it wireless streaming.

Don't forget good old games GOG for old titles you might have missed out on for PC.

Ponn

Banned
Probably because Sony has more exclusives then any other console right now.

Not exactly true, 3DS and Switch have more exclusives I'm playing this year. PS4 has been right there but truthfully they don't have anything this holiday I'm interested in. To be fair holidays are usually dry for me because everyone drops their shooter sequels which I don't give a shit about.

This gen has been underwhelming from MS imo and 2017 has the been the biggest example of it for me. I knew, as soon that E3 2017 conference finished, there would be people saying "wait till E3 2018" and there was. It says a lot when the biggest cheer of your presser is for more backwards compatibility.

It's come to a point where i won't read Spencer's tweets, read or watch any of his interviews with the press. I don't dislike him but I'm not a fan either, how long is he going to ride on that backwards compatibility train? You would think backwards compatibility was never implemented into a console before, the way some fellow fans go on about it!

We are four years into this generation and the consoles should be really hitting their stride and delivering, one is, the other one is stuttering but all I see is pleads to play yet another waiting game into its fifth year.

Of course someone is losing. Less XB games = a loss for XB gamers. And read the thread title. Sure the majority here have all consoles so it's not a big deal but those who only own an XB1 obviously lose if a previous XB1 dev "jump from work with MS to Sony then back to MS then back to Sony and loop and maybe even start work with Nintendo" since several of those games in those scenarios would go to a console those people don't own.

That's their problem, not mine, sorry about that.

Guymelef

Not exactly true, 3DS and Switch have more exclusives I'm playing this year. PS4 has been right there but truthfully they don't have anything this holiday I'm interested in. To be fair holidays are usually dry for me because everyone drops their shooter sequels which I don't give a shit about.

"I'm" isn't a fact.

Sony and Nintendo are killing MS atm. When I said that in the August Releases thread, man I was hammered to death by some fanboys, but I feel exactly like OP.

Right now I regret having sold my PS4 and glad I grabbed a Switch, because Xbox is just collecting dust ... alright I turned it on yesterday to install Spotify. Nice addition.

Top Bottom