• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers Microsoft-Sony.com and Sony-Microsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Even for WP 7, 8 phones its odd seeing as how Sony phones are tied to Playstation things. Either that controller phone or having Playstation Mobile on their phones.

Maybe MS really is thinking aout selling the Xbox division.

Steel

Banned
Wow, this is big news! These two nemesis are merging right before our eyes.

No more merging than when Sony made the Vaio.

I think thoughts of a merger would have more to do with the fact that Microsoft needs more software on windows mobile to be competitive with IOS and Android, and Sony needs a place where its software wouldn't be instantly buried by a much larger selection(Since, you know, PS mobile was an abyssmal failure.

That being said, I'm not sure this will happen. Rumors like these aren't uncommon.

Cube

Sony/Microsoft, $999.99

$15/m online services.

That's what would happen I hate to be such a cynic, but competition is what is keeping prices at the "Kind of crazy" level instead of "**** me, I have no choice" level. And we know that the base console market wouldn't move to pc's.

Frenden

Banned
It has a higher likelihood of being part of an awful ad campaign than it does of a merger.

Jokey anti-playstation ads with a corresponding landing page'd be my guess. Or they just bought the domain to keep anyone else from registering it with no plans whatsoever.

I am still a dinosaur who has a feature phone but I do have to admit that when I'll buy a smartphone, it'll probably be a Windows Phone. And I hate Windows.

back2future.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom