• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers Microsoft-Sony.com and Sony-Microsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
V_Ben said:
Well, Sony Ericsson was one of the top 10 brands to disappear this year. So maybe Sony is folding them in, and just rebranding their phones "Sony".

...either that or new laptops / tablets / dinghies.
Oh I see.

Acosta

uLCdO.png

Stage On

I'd be happy if they joined forces. One less console to buy in order to have access to all the exclusive games that where more spread out before can only be a good thing.

Ark

spats said:
Why dilute a brand like GT with Forza?

PD can just outsource the cars and tracks to Turn10.

A Sony/Microsoft merger/collaboration would make my head implode whilst exploding.

Derrick01

Banned
Also, we'll finally be able to get a reliable system that doesn't need constant firmware updates that take forever to download/install and doesn't have painfully slow game downloads.

Make it happen guys!

Anteater

Snuggler said:
Wow, I'm guessing this means Sony is going third party and will be acquired by Microsoft. Big news.

I hope I could unlock and play as master chief in the inevitable Uncharted 360, or Marcus, if MS owns that character.

Satchel

Banned
I know this is nothing, but I really would love a console designed and built by Sony, who know their hardware, but have MS completely run the software side.

Would be spectacular.

kingkaiser said:
Ok, but who is starfleet then?

The developers, unable to compete with Nintendo's first party franchises (changeling infiltrators) and immense advertising power (superior weapons), and they can't even port their HD games over (establish diplomatic relations).

Yes.

zomgbbqftw said:

Sega are The Gorn. A heavyweight back in the day, but unable to ever step out of the shadow of their history (the famous, visceral battle with Kirk being analagous to the Sega vs Nintendo glory days).

Mrbob

No wonder MS doesn't care much about their first party output anymore. They are about to get all of Sony's internal first part development. :p

SykoTech

Bah, this does nothing for me. I pretty much stick with Nintendo and Sony anyway. Now if they merged, that would be great! Or if Nintendo just went 3rd party. That would work too.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i think im more inclined to think this some sort of Vaio or (a stretch) cell phone promotion partnership than gaming related.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Mrbob said:
No wonder MS doesn't care much about their first party output anymore. They are about to get all of Sony's internal first part development. :p

Team Never to only make Kinect games will be sweet.

slider

Best of both worlds? Yeah, I reckon they heavily outweigh any potential downsides.

Of course monopolies take a while to start strangling the life out of folk so I'll only regret this statement in 10 years or so.

All that said I think I'm jumping ahead.

If I took a guess this would probably something boring like cross patent agreements and maybe sony make some of the hardware in up coming MS devices like tablets and stuff.

Theman2k

Mrbob said:
I think so as well. Outside of consoles the two companies do work together.

It's sad, but you right.
A merger of consoles would be a dream.
Sony on the Hardware and MS on the Software would make it the best thing ever.

Mikey Jr. said:
Is someone getting "Carnival of Stupid" ready?

I think its apparent that we're mostly responding ironically.

No one really believes that Sony and Microsoft are covertly forming an secret uberconsole which will eclipse The Sun in raw power and software lineup.

I wouldn't be opposed to such a development I might add, but yeah I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom