• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers Microsoft-Sony.com and Sony-Microsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
PetriP-TNT said:
pretty sure it's just WP7 phones :/
It makes sense if this were the case. RIM, Apple, MS, Sony and EMC just screwed Google out of a bunch of mobile phone related patents. So I would think Sony's relationship with Google isn't the best, which means they'd probably want to switch their phones over to a competitor. Only real serious alternative to Android now for companies that don't have their own OS is WP7.

SykoTech

Anteater said:
They should all merge and embrace the 1 console future

MS could work on the hardware
Sony could do the firmware
Nintendo could do the online portion
Valve spearheading launch titles such as HL3

With Backcone working on ports remasters.
And Sega doing the software....modern Sega.

PetriP-TNT said:
pretty sure it's just WP7 phones :/

If it's either cell phones, game systems or Vaios, I don't see why they would register this particular name. Wouldn't they use the products brand names instead?

Vamphuntr

Perfect for this thread.

2HWmD.jpg

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Some sort of collaboration between Sony and Microsoft makes sense. Similar console strategy, Sony brand could be used in Japan, Microsoft can leverage PSP to enter the portable market, Microsoft brings funding/stability, Sony also helps Microsoft's efforts in the consumer market (phones, tablets, etc).

hawkshockey11 said:
*ehem*

sony-vaio-ns-1.jpg

/thread

Still doesn't make any sense to name the website sony-microsoft. Why not Windows-Vaio? Or better yet, just use the existing sites to advertise. sony-microsoft is so vague.

teh_pwn said:
Some sort of collaboration between Sony and Microsoft makes sense. Similar console strategy, Sony brand could be used in Japan, Microsoft can leverage PSP to enter the portable market, Microsoft brings funding/stability, Sony also helps Microsoft's efforts in the consumer market (phones, tablets, etc).
This is the kind of thing I thought MS should have done with Sega a long time ago.

24FrameDaVinci said:
Uncharted, Halo, Gears, God of War on the same console with Xbox Live?

Sign me the fuck up.

Fixed. Seriously, I wouldn't mind this one bit.

Not gonna happen though. Like others have said, the domains might not be game-related... unfortunately.

BigMack

Anteater said:
They should all merge and embrace the 1 console future

MS could work on the hardware
Sony could do the firmware
Nintendo could do the online portion
Valve spearheading launch titles such as HL3

Great. A console that will Red Ring before I even get my first Friend Code typed in :p

Tagg9

Microsoft and Sony have worked together plenty of times (Vaio and Windows). There's no way that a merger is coming, though.

Also, for those saying it's just a Vaio thing, don't the Vaio's have Windows 7 already? What other OS would they be using?

Kusagari

SykoTech said:
With Backcone working on ports remasters.
And Sega doing the software....modern Sega.

No we need Square-Enix to do the software. You think the Wii is a wasteland? You ain't seen nothing yet!

cnizzle06

Banned
I'm gonna set the record straight right now: Playstation X titles that also come to Microny Windy are not considered exclusive titles.

DoctorWho said:
Still doesn't make any sense to name the website sony-microsoft. Why not Windows-Vaio? Or better yet, just use the existing sites to advertise. sony-microsoft is so vague.

I remember some of the older windows 7 commercials really pushed the whole sony+microsoft vibe.

edit: not the one I was thinking of but kind of shows it.
http://www.channelapa.com/2009/11/kylie-in-sony-vaio-commercial.html
has the girl from the windows 7 commercial and everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Aknw-PFbkE

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I think this at least proves a buyout or most likely a merger has been on the table. I can't see Microsoft registering the name just to troll.

U2NUMB

Satchel said:
I know this is nothing, but I really would love a console designed and built by Sony, who know their hardware, but have MS completely run the software side.

Would be spectacular.

Close but I would go

Hardware - Sony
Dashboard, sofware tools - MS
Game Software First Party - Sony with a little MS sprinkled in
Marketing - MS all over my face
Monthly NPD PR letter - Sony

Game set match!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's clearly Microsoft's entry into the handheld market. The Son Y handheld shall be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom