• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

legacyzero

Banned
Same. I suspect that it might be an issue with permissions. I read that deleting user specific permissions solved the problem in some cases. But updating the addons should probably work too. We just have to wait until Ark gets some free time.
I checked last night, and there didn't seem to be an update yet =/

limlark

OOHHH!! And differnt wood types now have different colored planks!!!!! :

http://i.imgur.com/OyNb9.jpg
I whispered happy little swears at my computer when I saw this picture.

EDIT: Aren't they going to make the top and bottom ("interior") textures of logs different colors too?

EDIIT: Oh, and are these textures- ...you know what, I should just read the update itself.

*reads*

OH MY GOD THE CHAT FUNCTIONALITY EEEEEEEEEEE

Chuckpebble

I just want natural logs to grow bark on the bottom when exposed to air. They were able to do funny tricks with the mushroom blocks, why not that too?

Ramma2

I've been watching a few of the Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore videos... that looks like a ton of fun. Anyone know of a group that is running something like that?

Update said:
* Fixed falling off ledge corners while holding shift

Was that a bug introduced in the last update, or has it always existed? Shit, I've been on ledges working over lava the last 2 days, and I'm playing hardcore mode. Guess I must have been lucky.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Was that a bug introduced in the last update, or has it always existed? Shit, I've been on ledges working over lava the last 2 days, and I'm playing hardcore mode. Guess I must have been lucky.

Apparently it has always existed, and I'm sure I've been victim to it more than a few times. I always just chalked it up to my fingers slipping or lag or whatnot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKXJfKPn4MM

Kudos to MCLastUsername for documenting it so well and bringing it to the devs attention, Mojang had it fixed within a day of this video being posted.

defel

I've been watching a few of the Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore videos... that looks like a ton of fun. Anyone know of a group that is running something like that?

Nice, Ive just started watching one of these on youtube. Id love to give it a go.

Apparently it has always existed, and I'm sure I've been victim to it more than a few times. I always just chalked it up to my fingers slipping or lag or whatnot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKXJfKPn4MM

Kudos to MCLastUsername for documenting it so well and bringing it to the devs attention, Mojang had it fixed within a day of this video being posted.

Yeah nice catch MCLastUsername!

Now I think about it, I'm pretty sure I was a victim of that a couple of times last summer when I was building my ocean base. Like you, I probably just chalked it up to fingers slipping.

Or maybe too much beer.

-Minsc-

All right folk, now I'm starting to want 1.2. The height increase wasn't all that big a deal for. Additional textured blocks to work with, that's more up my alley.

I almost kind of wish they'd introduced another biome with the height increase - like, "EXTREME Extreme Hills", including mountains that generate into (albeit probably not to the top of) the newly added space, probably turning into a snow biome once it breaks a certain altitude.

I mean, yeah, it's nice that you can create your own structures into the upper stratosphere, but, well, I dunno about you, but I'm pretty bad at emulating the random nature of the generated terrain, so any mountains I create would be... rather unconvincing.

Ranger X

I almost kind of wish they'd introduced another biome with the height increase - like, "EXTREME Extreme Hills", including mountains that generate into (albeit probably not to the top of) the newly added space, probably turning into a snow biome once it breaks a certain altitude.

I mean, yeah, it's nice that you can create your own structures into the upper stratosphere, but, well, I dunno about you, but I'm pretty bad at emulating the random nature of the generated terrain, so any mountains I create would be... rather unconvincing.

What I would really like of an update would be to have more options about terrain generation when you create a world. Imagine you could chose the frequency of biomes, max height for terrain, % of mineshafts (I would put this down so much!!), etc.

Would be REALLY fucking awesome.

sippycup

Neo Member
I'm beginning to wonder whether bukkit is even going to release a recommended build before 1.3, when it's integrated into minecraft...maybe we should consider using a dev/beta build on our server until then? I've been using it on my own server for like a week now without any problems...

I have a lot of patience, but even I'm starting to get a little anxious for this server to friggin update already. Anyone else?

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
I'm beginning to wonder whether bukkit is even going to release a recommended build before 1.3, when it's integrated into minecraft...maybe we should consider using a dev/beta build on our server until then? I've been using it on my own server for like a week now without any problems...

I have a lot of patience, but even I'm starting to get a little anxious for this server to friggin update already. Anyone else?

The Beta builds (well, anyone after the very first release following a MC update) are typically very stable. There might be a small bug here and there, but nothing major.

defel

Okay now Im on the PvP videos and they are fantastic!

The rules are:
*Health doesnt regenerate
*Only golden apples or regen potions work to restore health
*No strip mining
*Last player alive wins

Its currently 8 people versus eachother. Its awesome! So intense, Im loving it. All eight players have their own POV recorded so you can watch each of their perspectives and compare how they tackle the challenge. This is Extreme Survival SAS style.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Any active GAF public servers??

We intended on launching ours today (well Friday because timezones could be different), but I must take the blame for a major error in one of the plugins I coded. All the major stuff is done including testing of almost 15 custom plugins, but I need to rewrite a big section of the most important one.

I should have it done late tomorrow, and we'll go live at some point Sunday after making sure it's functioning properly this time. Everyone from gaf will certainly be welcome on the server. I posted some details a few pages back, but along with fixing the plugin, I've got to throw together a whole writeup for the forums (aka, what I planned on doing today :( ).

I'll post the info again when I've got the information on our forum. We are already running 1.2.3 and everything we have will work with 1.2.4 (waiting on at least a beta build before jumping to that), if you're itching for some 1.2 action.

legacyzero

Banned
anyone know why I can't use F11 to fullscreen? I've never been able to and when I try it simply shuts the program and saves an error log.
Dont feel bad. Any time I do, i just get a fuzzy screen =/

Also, DAMMIT everytime I see this thread gets bumped, I get my hopes up that Neocraft got updated lol

Quikies83

We intended on launching ours today (well Friday because timezones could be different), but I must take the blame for a major error in one of the plugins I coded. All the major stuff is done including testing of almost 15 custom plugins, but I need to rewrite a big section of the most important one.

I should have it done late tomorrow, and we'll go live at some point Sunday after making sure it's functioning properly this time. Everyone from gaf will certainly be welcome on the server. I posted some details a few pages back, but along with fixing the plugin, I've got to throw together a whole writeup for the forums (aka, what I planned on doing today :( ).

I'll post the info again when I've got the information on our forum. We are already running 1.2.3 and everything we have will work with 1.2.4 (waiting on at least a beta build before jumping to that), if you're itching for some 1.2 action.

Great news! Just updated to 1.2.4. I'll keep my eye on this thread for further updates from you. Thanks

Heres one of the things I've been working on recently, some underground temple-ish place I guess. I had a few stacks of TNT so I thought I would put them to use. It was built starting at the top and working down.

Some starting shots...

fyD7Q.png
GDkUR.png

A little bit later I started in with the look of it.

waR7n.png
LOu27.png

and the final-ish shots, it's not done but I am kinda sick of working on it for the time being.

LbuSX.png

PFIcz.png

Now that is awesome! I'm always good at building things that are really big, and cool looking on the large scale, but I can never use blocks in creative ways to make them look good on the small scale like that.

Heres one of the things I've been working on recently, some underground temple-ish place I guess. I had a few stacks of TNT so I thought I would put them to use. It was built starting at the top and working down.

Some starting shots...

fyD7Q.png
GDkUR.png

A little bit later I started in with the look of it.

waR7n.png
LOu27.png

and the final-ish shots, it's not done but I am kinda sick of working on it for the time being.

LbuSX.png

PFIcz.png

NOT FINISHED

whats it missing swimsuit models.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
We have officially launched our server! I welcome all from GAF to take a look and join us for our unique approach to minecraft. Be aware that we are still using a 1.2.3 server. Sorry, we tried to wait until bukkit was at least able to release a stable 1.2.4 Beta build, but they have yet to do so. We will upgrade as soon as one is available as almost all our code is custom and ready for 1.2.4.

Check us out:
http://www.yeticraft.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20

If you like it, tell your friends and I hope to see many of you from gaf. Also, let me know any suggestions you have.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
How many of you have already jumped to 1.2.4? We're testing a build for our server, but before we put people even further behind the upgrade chain (if they're playing on other servers), I was wondering if most of you have or are waiting.

How many of you have already jumped to 1.2.4? We're testing a build for our server, but before we put people even further behind the upgrade chain (if they're playing on other servers), I was wondering if most of you have or are waiting.

I'm still on 1.1 myself so I can play on NeoCraft, but I'm downloading a 1.2.3 jar so I can swap between the two servers.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
I'm on 1.2.4. But I have backed-up jar files all the way back to beta1.3 so I can roll back to whatever you guys are running.

I'm still on 1.1 myself so I can play on NeoCraft, but I'm downloading a 1.2.3 jar so I can swap between the two servers.

Currently there is an extremely stable build of 1.2.3 of craftbukkit running that we are using. We can run a dev build of 1.2.4, but there may be some minor bugs that could pop up until they actually get at least a beta build for it available. Let me know what you guys think and we'll roll with it.

J-Roderton

Well I've probably got about an hour or two played and I'm not exactly sure what my goal is? Just build stuff all the time? Kill the mobs? Is there a story at all?

defel

Some people like building, some people like exploring, some people like surviving, some people like mining or collecting materials, some people like a mixture of all of the above.

If you want a target then set yourself the target of beating the Ender Dragon.

Okay now Im on the PvP videos and they are fantastic!

The rules are:
*Health doesnt regenerate
*Only golden apples or regen potions work to restore health
*No strip mining
*Last player alive wins

Its currently 8 people versus eachother. Its awesome! So intense, Im loving it. All eight players have their own POV recorded so you can watch each of their perspectives and compare how they tackle the challenge. This is Extreme Survival SAS style.

All caught up with the Season 3 and I must admit the tension is pretty intense. If a PvP server offers tension like this I'm all over it.

P.S. I'm pulling for Guude or Baj myself. :)

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Put this together:

prBcq.png

We're running 1.2.4 on the test server currently. Trying to find something completely game breaking, but it looks like we might go ahead and switch to 1.2.4 so those that have upgraded are able to play.

Morokh

Well I've probably got about an hour or two played and I'm not exactly sure what my goal is? Just build stuff all the time? Kill the mobs? Is there a story at all?

Well that's because there is no real goal.

They added the Ender Dragon as a possible 'End' surely for people that are so used to the common pattern of videogames having an actual ending, but it's first and foremost a Sandbox game, meaning that you have a set of things you can play with, and it's up to you to use them as you see fit and like they say, the only limit is your imagination.

That's what makes the game so great but it can also be quite confusing at first.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
All caught up with the Season 3 and I must admit the tension is pretty intense. If a PvP server offers tension like this I'm all over it.

P.S. I'm pulling for Guude or Baj myself. :)

its really the coolest thing ever. i would love to do it.

poor pause, surrounded on all sides.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Im rooting for Beef myself,
especially after his shitty start but Guude seems to be in a really good position
beef has good creeper micro, so he's a favourite.
beef seems to be furthest from trouble atm too, while also having the only nether tech. i hope Guude gets creepered for about 6 hearts to make this interesting

Im rooting for Beef myself,
especially after his shitty start but Guude seems to be in a really good position

I like Guude and all, but he's so far ahead of everyone else that I can't see him losing at this point, and that's kind of disappointing.

I haven't watched Doc or Baz's perspectives at all yet, but I'm pulling for Kurt and Beef right now.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
We are running 1.2.4 now. Anyone that has already upgraded to 1.2.4 and can't connect to neocraft is more than welcome to check out what we've put together. It's a change of pace from what you've probably been doing on neocraft, so I think they can coexist perfectly together. Hop over and give us a look www.yeticraft.net

We are running 1.2.4 now. Anyone that has already upgraded to 1.2.4 and can't connect to neocraft is more than welcome to check out what we've put together. It's a change of pace from what you've probably been doing on neocraft, so I think they can coexist perfectly together. Hop over and give us a look www.yeticraft.net

I'm VERY interested in a PvP server so I'll probably hop on and give it a try Thursday night. Now I just need to decide which region to live in...

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Had about 12-15 people on most of the night tonight. The big key to make our server work is a good enough size group of people playing frequently and on different sides. We'll do our part to bring people in, but if you like it when you get on, let others you play with know.

Top Bottom