• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

weekev

Banned
This is gonna be a close fight. Both guys are high on first round stoppages though, think Struve might take it with home crowd advantage.

Man the event yesterday was bad compared to a year ago where we got Overeem, Randamie and Struve. Lots of empty seats too.

Didnt like the main card but the pre fights where some good ones and saved my night. Lots of empty seats and dead crowd tho compared to last year. Hope UFC returns next year here but it doenst look good :"(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Nicholas Diaz randomly showing up on Ballers

zH7qCFR.png

All the facts are slowly coming out on Mac vs May....

Gate was almost 20 million less than what was generated by Pac vs May.

See how full of crap they were about the buy rates soon too.

TheAuldTriangle

Neo Member

Did he actually go out there and say the UFC? Did he say he feels that racism exists within the UFC? Because that's a pretty strong quote. And I'll be honest, I can't see that. I mean, of course I'm not black, I'm white, I'm English. Although, these days, white people seem to be, we seem to be suffering a bit of racism. It's almost a sin to be white these days, because we're over-privileged, just because the color of our skin. But, yeah, I've never experienced racism, so I can't empathize with him and I can't put myself in his shoes. But, I will go out on a limb and say, 'Come on.' The UFC want to put on the biggest fights and the best fights and I don't really think color of skin comes into it, but maybe I'm wrong."

That's so fucking cringe to read. He should've bit his lip.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
All the facts are slowly coming out on Mac vs May....

Gate was almost 20 million less than what was generated by Pac vs May.

See how full of crap they were about the buy rates soon too.

Dana was basically telling people that the live gate was shit and the PPV was tracking to be record breaking for weeks leading up to the event. After the Jon Jones news came out, somebody asked him about the Floyd/Conor live sales being reported as over 70 million and Dana sarcastically responded "Yeah, they are reporting that. I don't want to get any of my promotional partners angry so I'm not going to say anything else about it." but still made a comment about the fight not being sold out yet.

Seemed like the live promotion was out of his hands and he was more than anxious to rub it in everybody else's faces that he did a better job of promoting the online/ppv sales.

Heel

That's so fucking cringe to read. He should've bit his lip.

It's weird that he pre-apologized and softens his stance. On some "I'm going to get this off my chest, but before I go...I could be wrong and I'm sorry if you're offended, just in case this blows up and I deal with real-life repercussions before getting a chance to show remorse and avoid it".

Had such high hopes for Cain when I saw him the first time. I knew he was champion material but I assumed he would go on to become the best champion ever.

Oh Cain what could have been. In my eyes he was even better than Jon Jones.

in the context of the heavyweight division Cain has had a fine career. 2 time champ, and signature wins like his absolute beatdown of Brock and his two dominant wins against JDS.

FUME5

Especially the guys that have been around forever - it still blows my mind to think I'm a little bit older than Diego Sanchez and Shogun.

I'm a year younger than Vitor, despite all the drinking, smoking and other shit, I look a hell of a lot less ragged than that dude.

That's gonna cost them dozens of buys.

Don't get me wrong this thing was already gonna be a terrible PPV. But it seemed like the one "story" they had to sell it on was MM breaking the Title Defense record.

I think this might be the first modern era PPV to miss the 100,000 buy mark now. Its baaaaaad

brentech

That's perfect after MM didn't want to accept the fight with TJ under the pretense that he might miss weight and the fight wouldn't happen.

What a shit card.

Don't get me wrong this thing was already gonna be a terrible PPV. But it seemed like the one "story" they had to sell it on was MM breaking the Title Defense record.

I think this might be the first modern era PPV to miss the 100,000 buy mark now. Its baaaaaad

I don't know how much of a story that was to sell. I don't know that anybody really cared about MM breaking any records. The guy just simply doesn't register.

I don't know how much of a story that was to sell. I don't know that anybody really cared about MM breaking any records. The guy just simply doesn't register.

I hear you but I think if you keep that fight on there it clears 100k. There is a pretty set standard "All modern UFC PPV's" break that benchmark. They tried to pull the MM record paired with a "2nd title fight" to ensure it still hit that. Now you lose a little bit. MM isn't a draw but he's good for a 100k. I'm not sure at all Amanda is, she has almost zero fan base from what I've seen, and that's a terrible undercard to support that sort of main event.

Heel

The new story is Dana using this as a precursor to close the division and keep Mighty Mouse from the goal he covets. What will he do next?

Stay Onnit Woke, my friends.

Top Bottom