• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mob Psycho 100 TV Anime |OT| From ONE to 100

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Binged this entire show out of nowhere yesterday, and I really liked it. I wish we'd have gotten to see more 100% Mob, but I get why we didn't.

One thing I really noticed was that the art on this show is really awesome. It changes between almost a watercolor feel, into classic paintbrush strokes, into normal anime type art, into OPM type drab faces. And then when Mob goes 100%, it's very psychedelic.

The characters were great, and that alley fight scene was amazing. It's a shame we didn't get more of that type action throughout. I'm very interested in seeing how S2 plays out.

I don't think its a spoiler but people wanting more action then the second season will provide that in droves and should blow everything we've seen in season 1 out of the water with ease. The villains are way better as well.

Webcomic/Season 2 spoilers:
The boss of Claw is one bad mother fucker but Mojami Keiji will probably outdo even him because of what he attempts to do to Mob

Fantastic ending to a fantastic season. I could watch this show for Reigen alone.

I feel like you're watching this show for the wrong reasons. This show is entirely about subverting shounen tropes.

It's why I dug the finale. I loved that it ended with the show taking the piss out of the "Evil Nihilist Organizations" like the Spiders or the Akatsuki and calling them for what they are.

HStallion

It's why I dug the finale. I loved that it ended with the show taking the piss out of the "Evil Nihilist Organizations" like the Spiders or the Akatsuki and calling them for what they are.

Yeah ONE really likes the character with no powers defeating the over powered villains using their own issues, weaknesses and foibles against them and sometimes without even realizing why they're winning in a fight they should totally be stomped for. There is a character in One Punch Man that the anime didn't really cover in season 1 that is very similar to Reigen in MP100 who I think will be a fan favorite once we're introduced to him in the anime next season.

Finalow

after seeing the first episode I kind of suspected this was going to be great. Mob ''aoty'' Psycho 100, I said.
not only the source material itself was really good, but there were also talented people working on it and delivering top-notch animation, art, direction and so on. couldn't have asked for a better adaptation.

ONE must be really happy to have 2 great adaptations of his major works, and to see both become (more) popular and successful. I do believe he deserves it.

Not

Banned
That finale was so satisfying.

I got warm fuzzies when
his final explosion was "Gratitude" and chills when Reigen started kicking ass.

For fans in Blu-ray region B parts of the world, Scottish distributor Anime Ltd. has picked up the distribution rights of Mob Psycho 100 and will release it in 2017:

– Mob Psycho 100
We can now confirm this will be coming to both Blu-ray and DVD in 2017. Release window is still being worked out and once we have more info we can share we’ll let you know.

http://blog.alltheanime.com/newswire94/

I hope we'll get a region B friendly release of OPM as well.

Any word fo a dub? I'd get the bluray but am interested in seeing how well it'd be dubbed in English :X

I think that's all the info they've currently put out about their Mob Psycho 100 release. From what i know they don't produce their own dubs, so if they'll have one in the first place, they'll presumably have to license it from a US company.

HStallion

I'm sure this will get dubbed at some point in the near future and end up on Toonami in a year or two.

Moaradin

A lot of people are speculating it's gonna be on Toonami within a month actually. Funimation has already announced they're dubbing it as part of their simuldub line-up, but Mob Psycho was the only one out of like 10 shows that didn't get any more details. All those other shows are dubbed already so a lot of people believe they have it lined up to replace Gundam on Toonami.

HStallion

A lot of people are speculating it's gonna be on Toonami within a month actually. Funimation has already announced they're dubbing it as part of their simuldub line-up, but Mob Psycho was the only one out of like 10 shows that didn't get any more details. All those other shows are dubbed already so a lot of people believe they have it lined up to replace Gundam on Toonami.

Isnt My Hero Academia the show that's next up to air? I'd love to be wrong and hope Mob Psycho 100 resonates with US audiences as much as One Punch Man did.

HStallion

I hope they get a proper VA cast together that does the characters justice. Not even sure who I'd pick for Reigen.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think this is why I like the show too. The show does a really good job of subverting a lot of tropes, and it's a HUGE breath of fresh air in an environment where almost fucking everything anime-related these days seems to be made by running shitty tropes through mad libs. He's really creative in how he subverts it too. It's not just calling it out, but he resolves the plot in ways that I don't expect but yet still enjoy seeing anyway.

Reigen is another reason. He's so incredibly full of shit that he somehow comes all the way around to becoming helpful and inspirational again. I started off disliking him but then slowly wrapped back around to liking him and I'm still not even sure how that happened.

I think this is why I like the show too. The show does a really good job of subverting a lot of tropes, and it's a HUGE breath of fresh air in an environment where almost fucking everything anime-related these days seems to be made by running shitty tropes through mad libs. He's really creative in how he subverts it too. It's not just calling it out, but he resolves the plot in ways that I don't expect but yet still enjoy seeing anyway.

Reigen is another reason. He's so incredibly full of shit that he somehow comes all the way around to becoming helpful and inspirational again. I started off disliking him but then slowly wrapped back around to liking him and I'm still not even sure how that happened.

Because for all his bull shit, he comes off as the most rational one in the end.

HStallion

Because for all his bull shit, he comes off as the most rational one in the end.

Even his BS is often enough "truth" for the people he's helping out. The villains its just what they need to hear though I can't wait to see how people react to events in the second season as the villains are far more interesting and no nearly so easy to "talk no jutsu".

HStallion

I'm hoping the dub hits Toonami. I think it would damn well and help gain some popularity.

So weird knowing Chris as that one dude who made crude newgrounds animation now voicing one of my favorite characters of 2016 in an official dub.

HStallion

A good dub means more people will check out the series though its good on its own but of course some people don't like sub title.. I hope it gets on Adult Swim.

Neoxon

A good dub means more people will check out the series though its good on its own but of course some people don't like sub title.. I hope it gets on Adult Swim.
It being on Toonami is more of a when than an if at this point. It's one of the most requested shows to be on Toonami at the moment (especially now that JoJo & DBS are on Toonami).

HStallion

Reigen's dub actor. He's talking about the cartoons he used to/still makes.

Wait maybe not, That post works on multiple levels! Tome is the name of a series he animates AND the name of the telepathy club leader.

Ok I was a little confused as I don't remember any characters named chris and was worried they started renaming characters.

Bob Psycho 100

Top Bottom