• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Actress that plays Alex Dunphy had to get a breast reduction at age 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Banned
They were pretty distracting on the show, even taped down under a loose sweater.

She could show more cleavage with a turtle neck than the older sister does with those deep V neck shirts that show 85% of her boobs.

Salsa

girl ive been the longest with (ex of 5 years) had really big boobs and was very petite. I started dating her at 17 and it was pretty crazy

her mother was the same way and developed severe back and muscle problems that made her get a reduction later on in life but I remember her already tellin my GF about it and to take of herself early on if it presented issues

we all love boobs but I cant really imagine how shitty something like that could be on your body

Girl has had a rough life, a piece of shit mentally abusing mom and now surgery. Now ill take my leave before the eventual lock.

No joke, before I entered the thread I thought it may have been due to her mom demanding she get it done so she could look younger for the show.

I'm glad that's not the case at all and it was done for health reasons.

girl ive been the longest with (ex of 5 years) had really big boobs and was very petite. I started dating her at 17 and it was pretty crazy

her mother was the same way and developed severe back and muscle problems that made her get a reduction later on in life but I remember her already tellin my GF about it and to take of herself early on if it presented issues

we all love boobs but I cant really imagine how shitty something like that could be on your body
It's so sad that something so sweet can bring someone so much pain :(

A friend's sister had the same issue and got a reduction when she was still in high school.

I forget who I was recently talking to about this — I think maybe my aunt — but I was told that (unfortunately) women who get breast reduction surgery will have issues breastfeeding if/when they have a baby.

But I'd say it's worth it. I can't imagine the discomfort of being weighed down like that.

Robot Pants

JerrySeinfeldShame.jpg

12841400.png

D is still plenty big

Dice//

Banned
I forget who I was recently talking to about this — I think maybe my aunt — but I was told that (unfortunately) women who get breast reduction surgery will have issues breastfeeding if/when they have a baby.

...I find it a little weird to detract a topic due to problems it may lead with feeding a hypothetical baby. I'm sure if/when the person getting the reduction decides for a baby, they'll manage somehow. :p

My friend got one in college because they hurt her back. She was probably 5'3 or so so they were very prominent. I cant imagine having big boobs. They sound not fun. Yes, I am gay.

Yeah, my wife is tiny and wears a 30G bra. She doesn't have any problems, yet, but finding bras for her is a pain. She's talked about having a reduction, but we've never really looked into it. Wonder how much it costs.

pj

Banned
But I'd say it's worth it. I can't imagine the discomfort of being weighed down like that.

I wonder what kind of numbers are involved here. How much would they have weighed before and how much do they weigh now?

Having those things must be like reverse wearing a backpack loaded with a couple textbooks.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
a friend of mine had to do it as well when she was 16. Blimey, she was always in our 16 years old thoughts

Holy fucking shit she's 17 *now*? I never really fancied her (I'm a hailey guy. And a mum guy. And a stepgrandmom guy. And a phil guy) but she's looked older than that for a good while. Or maybe I'm old and can't tell these things any more.

Edit: also obligatory good for her. I had a mate with this problem and she still wears a back brace, never got them reduced because she identifies so much with them... Yeah.

Xe4

Banned
Jesus, F cups. My GF has back problems and she only has DD's. I hope her the best, that her back pain goes away.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
My friend got one in college because they hurt her back. She was probably 5'3 or so so they were very prominent. I cant imagine having big boobs. They sound not fun. Yes, I am gay.

No way!

Anyways, I'm glad she was able to talk about. Maybe help others realize that it's an option. Unfortunately, it looks like it can be difficult to get insurance to cover the procedure. It's probably cheaper in the long run considering the issues it can prevent for some people.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
am not at all surprised... Modern Family she basically went right from young teen to "damn that looks REALLY uncomfortable/obnoxious for her"

Zoe

Jesus, F cups. My GF has back problems and she only has DD's. I hope her the best, that her back pain goes away.

Cup sizes are meaningless without the band size, and US sizes are particularly messed up. A DD is really an E, so there's only a 1 inch total circumference (around the body) difference to an F.

Goliath

It's funny that her boobs get this much attention. When I went to Wikipedia and looked at her short personal bio it explains that her older sister is her legal guardian because her mother emotionally and physically abused her. Not much press on this but the girl does something different with her boobs and the media is all over it, lol.

soleil

Banned
I honestly thought this would be one of those threads where the majority of GAF comes out with a very supportive tone. Instead we got:

hqdefault.jpg

It's funny that her boobs get this much attention. When I went to Wikipedia and looked at her short personal bio it explains that her older sister is her legal guardian because her mother emotionally and physically abused her. Not much press on this but the girl does something different with her boobs and the media is all over it, lol.

How is that surprising to you?

I honestly thought this would be one of those threads where the majority of GAF comes out with a very supportive tone. Instead we got:

hqdefault.jpg

Most of the thread seems fine to me.

Dice//

Banned

TBF the was over a year ago, this was a few days ago.
I'm sure the type of responses and outpouring of support are of different kinds though. :p

Size F at 17. Holy shit. My baby mama had size F's after our son was born. She's 5'8" though and this girl always looks short. Her back must have been in pain.

Platy

At the same time, if she wanted to be a role model to tell young girls to love the skin they're in, that won't fly anymore.

You can love the skin you are in AND have medical procedures to fix what bothers you... one thing does not excludes the other.

The idea of "love the skin you are in" are more like "fuck beauty standards" and less "you need to acept every shit your genetics gave you". If you think you look prettier fat or with 300 pierciengs and tatoos, do it.

...I find it a little weird to detract a topic due to problems it may lead with feeding a hypothetical baby. I'm sure if/when the person getting the reduction decides for a baby, they'll manage somehow. :p

I didn't mean to derail the topic; it was just kind of a side thought I threw in there because it was semi-relevant. The conversation had started because my cousin, who recently had a baby, has boob implants and I was wondering if she could breastfeed. That's when I got the info that it's actually harder to breastfeed after a reduction than implants [citation needed].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom