• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Actress that plays Alex Dunphy had to get a breast reduction at age 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreav

Banned
She didn't have to get the surgery, she elected to because she didn't want the focus of attention on her being about her breasts...even though, in all likelyhood, it still will be because she's a mediocre actress at best.

The thread title doesn't even include her name. Gives you some idea about why people know her/what they know her for.

How could something so magical cause so much pain?

damn you nature!

but real talk, i had a friend in high school who was like 5'2' and i swear 1/3 of her size was her breast size. she recently got reduction surgery and i've never seen her this happy.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I always thought it was weird how sexualized the other sister was on that show. No idea how old she is IRL.

Meanwhile, the show probably never acknowledged that the "pretty" sister was the less traditionally attractive of the two... which is kind of admirable I guess? I dunno. The politics of Modern Family confuses and frustrates me. It's both progressive and regressive at once...

Anyway, cool that some kid fixed her boobs I guess?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Those were made by god...they shouldn't be modified
Why not reinforce their back?
smh...

just kidding...health first...otherwise they become useless anyway, right?

Jenov

Good for her. I knew a girl in high school with a similar problem and she ended up getting surgery. Her health insurance covered most of it too since it is a health problem. Large breasts on a small frame can cause serious back problems. Even the long term use of a bra can leave serious injury to the shoulders because the straps end up pushing and straining into muscles over time.

grumble

Yeah that is enormous. Don't blame her for doing it. Wonder if she worked out her back - hear that building muscle mass helps a lot.

tw1164

Good for her. Did they mention her development in the show? I don't remember "jokes" about her drastic change. She just started to wear baggier clothes.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Good for her. A sensible person taking sensible health advice from a medical professional. Hopefully she feels good about herself.

At the same time, if she wanted to be a role model to tell young girls to love the skin they're in, that won't fly anymore.

OH MAN I REALLY LOVE THIS TUMOR THANK GOODNESS IT'S BENIGN I'LL KEEP IT FOREVER EVEN THOUGH IT'S CAUSING ME HEALTH PROBLEMS

...I mean, really, come on.

norm9

I wouldn't wish back problems on anyone. Good on her. And if she can flip it to an anti misogyny slant, even better.

Dai101

Banned
Reminds me of ol' Punky Brewster a.k.a. Solein Moon Frye that had to deal with the same.about the same age too

OZs3n3S.jpg

Griss

Strongly against teenagers getting cosmetic surgery before the age of 18, but this clearly was an outlier case that was more of a health / posture correction issue than strictly cosmetic. As such, all power to her and I hope she has no further issues in future.

Gorgeous girl, too. If she can act she'll have quite a future ahead of her. Good luck kid.

ChouGoku

CHEEZMO™;175457847 said:
If you find yourself talking about how the age of consent differs by location when talking about a teenage girl then you already lost, fam.

Its actually younger in a lot of places, granted outside of special cases I woulnt mess with a girl who is 17 as they usually look like they are 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom