• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Family Actress that plays Alex Dunphy had to get a breast reduction at age 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Its actually younger in a lot of places, granted outside of special cases I woulnt mess with a girl who is 17 as they usually look like they are 17

stay losing
H5g172N.gif

Tangeroo

I remember having a conversation with a buddy of mine about this about a year or so ago when word leaked that she had an abusive mother. We both agreed that we felt bad for whatever scrutiny she was likely under and how a reduction would probably help her out both physically and emotionally. Glad to see she went through with it.

Savitar

I know a girl who has natural breast and by god almighty they are.....huge. So huge. She's not a big girl, she's maybe five five and few women unless they get breast implants can out do her.

Her back must suffer for it.

I'm no expert, but isn't D-cup still big enough to cause physical problems for her?

I'm a D, but I am tall (5'9) so I can't really speak for her. They are only inconvenient as in they get in the way of shit, not in a back pain way.

I have had some shoulder pain, but I didn't figure that'd be related.

I can't imagine being shorter and having freaking F's. I'd get the surgery too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you go from a 32F to a 34D? I thought the number was the measurement around your ribs or something? So a reduction/enlargement would only change the cup size? I knew boobs were complicated.

Zoe

How do you go from a 32F to a 34D? I thought the number was the measurement around your ribs or something? So a reduction/enlargement would only change the cup size? I knew boobs were complicated.

Like I said earlier, bra sizes in the US are all messed up. A 34D is supposed to be equivalent to a 32E, so that's barely any difference.

Some bra makers tell you to measure your rib cage and then add 5 inches on top of that. That messes up the significance of the cup size which represents 1 inch difference per letter from the rib cage. But I guess forcing everyone to go up in rib cage size means they don't have to produce such a wide variety of sizes.

I would guess her true rib cage size is smaller than 32".

dejay

Banned
It must be difficult to go from nothing to huge within a few years during adolescence, all the while being in the public eye and subjected to internet scrutiny. Sounds like her family life was traumatic also - none of this is a good recipe. Hopefully she becomes something other than a broken, ex-child actor.

Did you have to move your hips to the side?

That's not how you motor boat.

There was an episode of her jogging on a treadmill this year and I've never felt more uncomfortable in my life. Good for her though, I feel like my back has gone to shit since I gained weight post regular exercise.

jelly

Girl in school went through similar, they did suddenly explode in size. She seemed very happy after summer when she got it done. Good for her.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
My cousin was in a similar boat but not as big. She was having back problems being a tiny skinny girl with huge breasts. Shed also have bruising from where her bras would dig into her.

She reduced them a shitload.

Does anyone know when season 7 was shot, or if it's still filming? It would be interesting for them to tackle this event in one of the show's episodes.

I thank the lucky stars I don't have an enormous chest. It seems so uncomfortable.

Does anyone know when season 7 was shot, or if it's still filming? It would be interesting for them to tackle this event in one of the show's episodes.

I thank the lucky stars I don't have an enormous chest. It seems so uncomfortable.

I doubt they would address her smaller breast size on the show. Seems like it's an emotional subject for Winter and part of the reason she got them reduced was because they were garnering too much attention in the first place.

Dr.Acula

Banned
She didn't have to get the surgery, she elected to because she didn't want the focus of attention on her being about her breasts...even though, in all likelyhood, it still will be because she's a mediocre actress at best.

The thread title doesn't even include her name. Gives you some idea about why people know her/what they know her for.

Wow, way to rag on a 17 year-old. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was pretty mediocre too on 3rd Rock, so was Mila Kunis on That 70s Show. Let's not bury her career before it really starts.

I doubt they would address her smaller breast size on the show. Seems like it's an emotional subject for Winter and part of the reason she got them reduced was because they were garnering too much attention in the first place.

Yeah, I agree. But most of Alex's story lines in the show are dealing with her insecurity, so I thought maybe this was yet another angle to attack. It's a popular show, so being able to spread positive messages (in this case: your personal welfare is more important than guys ogling your tits) is important.

If they don't touch it, that's fine too. It just occurred to me that the option was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom